Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from another newbie

Hi everyone

I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Carole & I live with husband & 5 mad mogs , in a terraced house in North Tyneside.

After 'neglecting' our backyard for a considerable length of time, we decided it was about time to have it cleared & tidied. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it ourselves due to health reasons & not having the necessary equipment, so we got someone who did a very satisfactory job of clearing it. He even made me a raised bed, which he duly lined & filled with compost. He even emptied the one I already had & refilled that one too. So happy days . So, now I have the difficult task of 'stocking' our backyard with beneficial plants - both 'companion' & bee friendly, veg, herbs & at a later date, fruit. So over the Easter weekend I started planting potatoes, (I know I am late with that the 1st earlies. But hey ho), some herbs, lettuce & rocket - all in pots. My raised beds I have covered in heavy plastic to warm up the compost ready for my beans, carrots, turnips, & spring onions. I am just waiting for my tomato, herb plants and extra companion plants to arrive

Welcome to the vine
    If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.

Comment

Hello Carole with an E and welcome to the Vine.
      Its a great time of year to bring a garden to life Any questions, just ask. We like questions although we rarely agree on the answers.
      A Chicken walks with small steps. Be more Chicken
      https://gardenchicken.blogspot.com/
      @realveggiechicken

Comment

Hello Carole and welcome to the vine.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

”I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Welcome to the vine, enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

Comment

Hi Carole! Welcome to the vine - we're pleased you've come to see us

I hope you have a lovely summer ahead of you
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the vine
              https://m.facebook.com/Isle-of-Mull-...9854614879285/

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Carole I'm also a back garden grower.

Comment

Hi Carole welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi and welcome to to the vine
                    Edibles (All In) Seed Saving Circle 2020
                    Pea + Bean Seed Saving Circle 2020
                    Flower Seed Saving Circle 2020

sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome from me too. Best wishes for a great growing year.
                      Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X