Hello!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I'm the new(ish) proud custodian of an allotment. Technically my Dad's allotment but he only seems to be interested in building things on it so I get to be in charge of all the plants (and weeding...). We got it in November and have cleared lots of rubbish and weeds and it is a few hour's work away from being ready to go! 'll post some pictures later when I work out how to do it from my phone. But I thought I'd say hello in tbe meantime. This place is full of useful advice and experience and pops up in most of my fruit and veg related searches so it was about time I signed up.

Welcome along.
    Keep posting. Need a few before you can upload photos
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Aha! The forum will have to wait a little longer to see my glorious patch of mud then...

Comment

Hi and welcome.
        As Baldy says, keep posting and we'll soon be able to see your mud and your Dad's constructions!!
        What do you plan to grow this year?

Comment

Hi!

As my name suggests I will be growing various peppers, although probably not at the allotment. I have a small greenhouse at home for that and tomatoes.

I plan to grow lots of peas, courgettes, various oriental greens, different types of radish, potatoes, various lettuces I've collected, soft herbs, sweet peas, some dahlias phlox and cosmos, various beans, a few winter squash and some Italian greens like rapini. I'm also going to give melons , oca and quinoa a go as I have the space.

Dad wants sprouts, rhubarb and "a fruit cage" so I've ordered some raspberries and currants to fill it ; )
          And I've got an order in from my nan for beetroot.

I don't like and have never grown sprouts or beetroot so that will be interesting...

Comment

That's a good selection - plenty to keep all the family happy.
            Beetroot are like large "radishes" with edible leaves that you can add to your salad and give your Nan the roots.

Comment

If beetroot is as easy to grow as radishes I'll be happy!

Comment

Welcome to the vine

Comment

Hello and welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan. Hope you have a great growing year.

Comment

Hello PepperMonster and welcome to the vine

Here's a useful link on posting photos to the vine using your phone:-

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...one_94345.html
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello and a squidgy warm welcome from the resident elefant.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Welcome to the vine! Looking forward to seeing your patch of mud!!

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine! It'll be interesting to see pictures! If the forum throws a wobbler when you try upload pics, it's usually because the pics are too large in size. Try resizing them - there's apps for that

Have fun with it all!
                          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi and welcome.
                            Don’t worry about stuff you haven’t grown before, just bung em in and you’re pretty much guaranteed a lifetine Personal best harvest for that year ;-).

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Hopefully won't be just a patch of mud for long. Got some peas and beans nearly ready.

And yes Chestnut isn't that always the way?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X