Secateurs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secateurs

My by pass secateurs were well past their use by date, centre pin worn, spring weak and blades ground down a lot, so I bought a new pair. The old ones were Wolf, but the GC didn't have any of theirs so I got a pair of Wilkinson Sword ones which seem very good. My old ones had been used for cutting wire and all sorts of things, I worked out how long I've had them, they were bought in 1984, so I guess I got my monies worth from them lol.

Felco for me.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Both my pairs are by Joseph Bentley they feel comfy to use in my small hands.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-03-2020, 07:32 PM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I am in the market for a new set so have been looking. From what I can see, Felco seem to be the way forward if you want a long lasting guaranteed and supported set. I am still open on this yet though.

Kind Regards..........Rob

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Felco for me.
          and me. I needed quality and reliabilty for work and Felco delivered. I still use them but now much less as I only have my own garden to deal with.

Comment

I lose mine too often to pay Felco prices. Can't go too cheap though, or they're rubbish.
            Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
              Felco for me.
              And me, because they do left handed ones for us normal people

Comment

I've got a pair of the bottom-of-the-range Felco ones that I bought 30 years ago. Given that the next door neighbour borrowed them and lost them outside in his garden for 18 months, they're still in pretty good condition. I keep thinking that I should disassemble them and sharpen them, but they don't actually need it.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
                  I've got a pair of the bottom-of-the-range Felco ones that I bought 30 years ago. Given that the next door neighbour borrowed them and lost them outside in his garden for 18 months, they're still in pretty good condition. I keep thinking that I should disassemble them and sharpen them, but they don't actually need it.
                  Well, that's a recommendation and a half! I could afford to lose them round the garden and find them eventually. However my favourite pair (had been my mother's, so a better pair than I usually buy) went away in the council brown bin.....
                  Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Anyone know of any for someone with poor grip. My mum broke her wrist in nov and now struggles with secateurs. Has to.use 2hands.
                    Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                      Anyone know of any for someone with poor grip. My mum broke her wrist in nov and now struggles with secateurs. Has to.use 2hands.
                      Would one of the ratchet anvil type be easier?

Comment

I'm not sure I've seen one. I will have a look . Thanks
                        Northern England.

Comment

It's my burpday in 2 days....guess what I've just asked OH to treat me to???
                          Last edited by Nicos; 10-03-2020, 02:08 PM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            It's my burpday in 2 days....guess what I've just asked OH to treat me to???
                            Mellors? Oh okay new secateurs.
                            To see a world in a grain of sand
                            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

By far the best secateurs I have bought are some that I spotted on Amazon for on a crazy offer for £2.99 delivered (from £25.99 PLUS CARRIAGE) from the states.. i half expected it to be a mistake, half expected them to be rubbish..

Paid my £2.99 and 4 days later they turned up, incredible quality for the price!!

Then.. to my suprise a couple of days later a lady phoned me from America to make sure I was satisfied with them.. crazy!! I couldnt beleive it..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200310_212111_copy_810x1665.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	2386531
                              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...