Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean To greenhouse?

Hi Folks

In preparation for the first year on the allotment my plan is to grow as much as possible at home before transferring to the final growing spot at the allotment (I appreciate some stuff will need to be sown straight at the allotment).

Therefore I need to buy a small greenhouse / lean-to / growhouse to store various veg when it moves from the windowsill.

My preference would be a lean-to and I wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Size wise something like 2-3m height, .5-1m depth, 2-3m width ish….

Please note it would be standing on concreate.

Last point, I want to get something more permanent / study than a blow away.
    Cheers

Danny

Actually just mentioned this post to Mrs B and she said there is a place about a mile away that does them. Looked online and they have just what I'm after, will pop down there later this week

Note to self, listen to Mrs B more
    Cheers

Danny

Comment

'Listening to your wife more' is a bit like the advice to read the instructions thoroughly before using a new tool or un-flatpacking furniture. In principle it seems like good idea when you read it, but who in practice actually does it ? I mean if life's too short to stuff an olive ...

Comment

Life's too short to convince your husband that you're always right - you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Life's too short to convince your husband that you're always right - you mean.
          either way works VC - I'm not someone who discriminates on grounds of gender you know :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
            'Listening to your wife more' is a bit like the advice to read the instructions thoroughly before using a new tool or un-flatpacking furniture. In principle it seems like good idea when you read it, but who in practice actually does it ? I mean if life's too short to stuff an olive ...
            Aaaaarrrrgggghhh! As the wife who generally picks up the pieces and moans " Why didn't you listen?" I just wish men weren't so bloody stubborn. And life is far too short to stuff a mushroom let alone an olive.......

Comment

I'd just like to add that I do actually worship my wife and my life would be empty without her.

Nothing wrong with having a joke though
              Cheers

Danny

Comment

Not at all!

However how my husband had lived to 90 is beyond me (and him).

Comment

Originally posted by broadway View Post
                  Actually just mentioned this post to Mrs B and she said there is a place about a mile away that does them.
                  Where's that then please?
                  Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                  By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                  While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                  At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
                    Where's that then please?
                    Morning Mr BE

Not sure if I'm allowed to post / advertise sites so I've sent you a pm
                    Cheers

Danny

Comment

Pictures and reviews please... I am planning on how to get one into the garden and up before him indoors notices. Now that will make a lively discussion!
                      V.P.
                      The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Oops, more coffee needed, I just mis-read the title as learning to greenhouse!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X