No announcement yet.

Accumulation of cruft/stuff

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that the best way to kick me into getting shot of all the stuff I'd kept "in case it might be useful" but which it turned out hadn't for more than 2 years was to move house

Only trouble is, the new house is bigger so has plenty scope (and hidey holes) for accumulating yet more junk. Note to self, must be disciplined
    Last edited by chris_m; 26-03-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Not only am I a confirmed hoarder, but I also like a bargain. Bought 5 petrol mowers and 6 hedge-trimmers as a job lot last year. Can't get in the shed any more and haven't even got round to checking if the trimmers can be resurrected :-(
      (did sell one mower for spares as it was obviously kaput and a different make from the rest)

Comment

I have 2 suggestions Balders............

First, a bamboo roll out fence won't be strong enough only a bamboo cage will keep you confined.

Second, this is from experience. Tidy up with gusto - throw away with a smile and then you have the space for more 'stuff'
        Last edited by Lumpy; 26-03-2018, 09:45 AM.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Aawww you changed the title. Thaqt was one of the words for potentially useful stuff I picked up when I lived in Sheffield. Was nice to see it used, however fleetingly.

I am a hoarder. And messy. Him Indoors hates it, and I don't like it either much. Hope you can steel yourself to rationalise it and tidy up - it will make you feel better about the space. Or buy an extra shed with no windows and stack everything in there...
          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Sorry Sparrow I had never heard of that word before every day is a school day

Now I know another word to use for all the cruft I have in my barn!
            Last edited by scarey55; 26-03-2018, 12:43 PM.
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Nah...you need to use the French word Scarey.....antiques!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X