Unable to add photos.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carly View Post
    Beyond frustrating...... even tried to reply to this a while ago and it wouldn’t post my message saying I had insifficiant posting privaliges. I’ll be amazed if it lets me post this
    Try posting your photos and I'll also get the tech guys to look at your settings (behind the scenes) so we can get it sorted ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Can you do a test here Carly so we can follow what you are doing.
      Try from your iPad Pro and iPhone if possible.
      If it errors - crop the image slightly. Upload.
      Take a screen shot of the image and upload.
      Ok I’ll try now

Comment

Try posting your photos and I'll also get the tech guys to look at your settings (behind the scenes) so we can get it sorted ASAP.

Well, I did a screen shot and it still gives me the error message and won’t post it.
        I did crop a little too and it still won’t let me and I saved the cropped version and did a screenshot and it won’t let me up.oad that either.

i have to go to work now but will check back when I can

Oh, it has put this thumbnail in but this is cropped and not the actual picture... I ended up cropping over half of the photo.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by carly; 23-03-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Carly,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I believe the issue may be the pixel height and width of the image. We have a maximum height of 1024 pixels and width of 1024 pixels. Could you email me the image in question so I can confirm whether this is larger than that maximum size?

My email address is philip.hazell@aceville.co.uk

Comment

Phil, I’ve sent you a photo that has failed to upload.
            Second photo sent (test2) was the same as original photo with s slight crop - width and height. This uploaded fine.

Comment

Hi Scarlet,

The issue with those two is the file size of the images. The first image sent was just slightly over the 2MB limit at 2.02MB and when cropped the file was 1.9MB.

In this case, I'd suggest using an image compressor such as https://tinypng.com/, which reduces file size without affecting quality in a significant way. That way you will not need to crop the image in order to post.

Comment

Thanks Phil - you are a superstar

Comment

Just thought I’d try as have an iPad Pro but photo was taken on older iPhone. Also I’d not tried to uploaded a photo yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00A5FD07-EA67-481A-849E-407CACB96D4E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	2376911

Comment

Woo hoo it worked, no cropping, no resizing. My phone must be old enough that the image size is small - phew

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenowhere View Post
                      Woo hoo it worked, no cropping, no resizing. My phone must be old enough that the image size is small - phew
                      You aren’t alone, I have new iPhone and iPad and always have issues uploading! It seems to be the system lagging behind the latest technology unfortunately. By the time you crop, re-save, email to yourself or use via third party sites, you really can’t be bothered with the hassle so understand the frustration.

Kind Regards........Rob

Comment

Its not the system lagging behind, its you, steaming ahead.
                        I haven't the foggiest what any of you are talking about, I'm struggling to understand a basic mobile phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
                          You aren’t alone, I have new iPhone and iPad and always have issues uploading! It seems to be the system lagging behind the latest technology unfortunately. By the time you crop, re-save, email to yourself or use via third party sites, you really can’t be bothered with the hassle so understand the frustration.

Kind Regards........Rob
                          It take a seconds to crop an image on an iPad or iPhone.
                          As Phil had pointed out.....my image was only slightly too large.
                          I post photos all the time with hardly any bother.

Comment

Carly, are you now able to upload your photos?

Comment

Carly, are you now able to upload your photos?
                              Hi Scarlet,
                              Yes! i went into a photo compressor suggested and was able to via that.
                              just a shame that the ipads etc do not tell you what size your photos are otherwise i would have known!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X