Problems logging in

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems logging in

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems?
    I couldn't find a thread suitable so please move this if there's a better place
    Each time I try to log on ,the site won't let me? I have to repeat, then 9 times out of ten it will let me on the second try
    Is there a glitch? I know I haven't been around much lately but surely it isn't because of that?

I've met the same problem a few times recently, Vickilou, this evening for example. I initially receive notification rejecting my registration/password and then find when I start the process again that I'm already registered... Only in the last week or so, never previously. bb.

Comment

Have you got the site bookmarked/as a favourite? I deleted the old bookmark and then saved it to my favourites again - it seemed to clear the problem, whatever it was

I'm still getting the warning pop-up "Only secure content is displayed" on every new page though - so something has changed recently
      Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 20-02-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I will report it to admin....although I haven't had any problems logging in. Have you ticked the remember me box? That may be worth a go?

Comment

I've had similar problems but I'm never sure if it's the forum, my iPad or our cr@p interweb connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
            I'm still getting the warning pop-up "Only secure content is displayed" on every new page though - so something has changed recently
            Me too - and I've had to enable more scripts to get some bits to work that did before.

Comment

I have to log on twice every time now, first attempt is always refused. I've used the same password on this site for 11 years and now tap it in with great care but still get refused......

Comment

Does it say you're "invalid", bazza?
                If so, just ignore it and select "New posts".

Comment

I'm always 'invalid' now and I've given up logging in time after time. I just click on the forum button and hey presto I'm valid again.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thanks all, at least I know it's not just me

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
                      I have to log on twice every time now, first attempt is always refused. I've used the same password on this site for 11 years and now tap it in with great care but still get refused......
                      Same again tonight... Yes I'm "invalid", fair enough, I sometimes think that myself when I look at my Spring seedlings.....

Message received on first attempt reads:
                      Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php)
                      bb.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
                        Same again tonight... Yes I'm "invalid", fair enough, I sometimes think that myself when I look at my Spring seedlings.....

Message received on first attempt reads:
                        Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php)
                        bb.
                        more security has been added.

I had a shortcut www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php which would load the page, but not log me in properly.

This would resolve to "http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php"
                        Which is unsecure content.

I've now changed the shortcut to
                        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php

This is an encrypted connection. Logs me on properly. It may resolve some issues for users getting the error "Only secure content is displayed"

Note https in front of address to indicate a secure encrypted connection

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php

You will have to replace or edit book marks / favourites / shortcuts on desktop etc
                        Last edited by 4Shoes; 03-03-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                          I'm always 'invalid' now and I've given up logging in time after time. I just click on the forum button and hey presto I'm valid again.
                          that was how to identify the problem. The cookie was ok, so had to be the address

Edit....

just Typical - Fixed my Shortcut in Edge Desktop, just come back and Edge has had a flaky and removed it......

Added to Favourites...
                          Last edited by 4Shoes; 03-03-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I set it to always remember my password... and leave the tab open in my browser and it never seems to log me out.. might be worth trying?
                            Last edited by mysteryduck; 06-03-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X