Major Jobs to complete on the plot in 2018

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Jobs to complete on the plot in 2018

1. Fasten the wooden greenhouse down onto the breezeblock foundations with decking boards in between.
    2. Glase the sunshine side, and use polythene or plastic on the other side. The reason being that kids are less likely to heave rocks through plastic on fence side.
    3. Level and set up the poly tunnel in new position
    4. Finish the shed. Intention is for arched open front to deter people breaking in. Useful for storing onions, tatties and sundries.
    5. Finish my Yin/Yang pond. Needs liner and surround. Water would help as well!
    6. Seal the roof of the summerhouse......somehow. It leaks where glass meets woodwork in roof. (Sunny, warm day job!)
    7. Pack up my 1000 litre IBC container with two pallets underneath. This will allow me to get my watering can underneath tap.
    8. Put plastic guttering onto summerhouse and pipe it into IBC.
    Loads of other stuff to do but these are the major jobs needing finishing.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Install a drip system to water my veg. So long as it's done by mid-June at the very latest, it will be OK. This is quite an undertaking and is my sole infrastructure project.

Other than that, get to grips with the whole notion and practice of green manures.

Comment

To get mine back into the condition it was in a few years back before it became abused!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Veg Plot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	2376539

The best part about this 2018 venture is I know it is very much doable
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Finish siting my pond liner and fill pond with water and plants.
        Finish digging out bog garden and line it, fill it and plant it up.
        Move my five blueberry bushes from their temporary home to the 'blueberry rock garden'
        Make the 'blueberry rock garden'!
        Backfill the drainage trenches with gravel so that I don't have to step over them all the time.
        Create some sort of terraced 'recreational area' next to the pond with nice grass to lie on.
        Demolish the rotten shed that came with the plot and erect the one i got off Gumtr@@ a couple of years back (if that one isn't rotten as well now!)
        Create my garden arch hanging basket thingy out of old scaffold boards.

These jobs may (won't) all get done this year....
        He-Pep!

Comment

Find somewhere to plant a dwarf orchard - about 12 tiny fruit trees.
          Play in the garden.

Comment

Dig and weed a whole 125m2 plot and install the infrastructure of paths and hard standings for the shed that and greenhouse that needs moving from my second allotment site to my new plot on my original allotment site before April if at all possible.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Dig out the carpets and replace with terraced beds, and at home prepare the ground for planting a gooseberry hedge in the front garden

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                Dig and weed a whole 125m2 plot and install the infrastructure of paths and hard standings for the shed that and greenhouse that needs moving from my second allotment site to my new plot on my original allotment site before April if at all possible.
                Good luck Cadders...
                sigpic
                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Set up a flower business
                  turn a large gravel area into a lawn
                  creocote fences and coups.

Not much really

Comment

There's no point in planning anything! It always goes pear shaped and it's usually something to do with him!

My raised beds getting replaced with new timber this winter didn't happen because of him.
                    I didn't go on a chilli sauce making course because of him
                    Don't think the hydroponic salad bar is going to happen
                    I'm still waiting for our weekend away from last February!!!!

No point planning anything big, that I can't do by my self!

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant didn't it. Do apologise

Comment

Apart from normal stuff like turning compost heaps and barrowing wood chips, about the only thing to do is put the cover back on the tunnel.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                        There's no point in planning anything! It always goes pear shaped and it's usually something to do with him!

My raised beds getting replaced with new timber this winter didn't happen because of him.
                        I didn't go on a chilli sauce making course because of him
                        Don't think the hydroponic salad bar is going to happen
                        I'm still waiting for our weekend away from last February!!!!

No point planning anything big, that I can't do by my self!

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant didn't it. Do apologise
                        Time to find solutions, even if that means paying someone to help get things done. Life's too short!

Good luck.

And good luck to Cadalot too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X