How to find past posts easily?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find past posts easily?

I've seen a few people say they use the "What I did today" thread as a note of what they were doing when... but how do you find your posts in a particular thread without trawling through everyone else's, or all your posts in all threads....

Guidance much appreciated!

1. Go to the thread you're interested in
    2. At the top "Search thread" - drop down box
    3. select Advanced search
    4. Enter your user name "1Bee"
    5. Search.................and

you have one post in What I did today 2018 https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...t=#post1574796

Comment

That's.... life changing! I've come over all unnecessary.

Thanks so much VC, I now know when my onions went in last year..

Comment

The Advanced Search is good for more general things too. You can search by the name of the member who posted, restrict you search to, say, the last 12 months, refine your search to Titles only.
        The key thing is to search for an unusual word - for example, I use the word "Alphabet" a lot, so, when I'm looking for one of my old threads, I search for Alphabet and most of the threads that come up are mine.
        People say the Search facility is useless, but, as long as you search for the right word and limit the scope, it usually comes up with goods!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for that info VC, just shows you are not just a pretty pretty face
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X