Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar stools. I’m meeting some friends in a Weatherspoons. The ordinary tables and chairs are taken up with families with children so my only option was a “tall” table with barstools. Not all barstools are like these and i’m perfectly happy to sit on them normally. The ones I hate are like these. The only rungs to put your feet on are too low down. I have to stand up every few minutes to stamp the pins and needles out of my feet. Getting back on to the stool is a feat in itself.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• The misuse of the term 'British' when marketing things. The pics are just one example. Can't wait to go foraging for the day in the countryside of.....................China

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	2377059 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4386.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	2377060

Comment

• 2 of my buddleia's have not survived a neighbour offering to cut them back whilst I was out
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Are you totally certain they are dead? Buddleia seem able to resprout from old thick wood.... I thought it was almost impossible to overprune them. I think I may have killed a hebe by pruning it hard though.

Comment

• Or are they Dead-Parrot-Dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by muck lover View Post
              Are you totally certain they are dead? Buddleia seem able to resprout from old thick wood.... I thought it was almost impossible to overprune them. I think I may have killed a hebe by pruning it hard though.
              Sadly I’m sure. The stems that are left just crumble. The other 2 plants have survived the onslaught though.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• It takes some talent to kill a buddleia. Does your neighbour do couch grass or ground elder by any chance?

Comment

• Someone's thrown chicken food at the back of my hives.
                  Don't know what they're hoping to achieve. Apart from encouraging more rats than her chickens do already.

Comment

• Vet bills........I know they train for years but I sometimes wonder whether there would be less medical neglect if some of the prices were more affordable. Thank the universe for online pet chemists as it saves me £37 a time on the ancient mutts pills.

Comment

• p.s my vet is £28.50 just to walk into the consulting room and that’s without anyone going near the daft old mutt.

Comment

• ^^^ but they must to get the money off you ?
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Still cheaper than the dentist Lumpy, wife needs a crown....nearly died when they said how much!

Comment

• vets bills are a shocker - I'm trying to convince Mrs Balders to let me buy online sachets of anti flea treatment for large dogs, then use a dropper to apply an appropriate dose to a small cat - I'd save a fortune.
                            She won't let me.

Don't know why.
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                              vets bills are a shocker - I'm trying to convince Mrs Balders to let me buy online sachets of anti flea treatment for large dogs, then use a dropper to apply an appropriate dose to a small cat - I'd save a fortune.
                              She won't let me.

Don't know why.
                              I regularly use a vio. Online vet for various meds. It normally turns up next day and if it’s a prescription drug I ask for a script, send it to them and save a lot of money. The script can cost between £15 and £20 but will cover for at least 3 months.

I worked out that by ordering the old mutts arthritis meds this way and including the cost of the £15 script I saved over £132.

Yes Mods I’m off to the naughty corner for chatting...........,

Comment

• Sounds like a plumber but ..........................cheaper
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X