Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^^ That I have a fear of complaining as although the taxi firm are brilliant and the owners do not respond well if they have an iffy driver (e'g they are sacked) they, the complained about driver also know where we live..............so I'm too scared to moan to them and just do it to you lot instead.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 20-04-2018, 02:56 PM.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• ^^^^^^ I know, no chatting. Just next time you need a taxi specify you don’t want him.

My rant, i’ve run out of wine.
      Last edited by JanieB; 20-04-2018, 03:13 PM.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• One small victory completely smushed by something breaking so yet more ruddy expense. Must be due a lotto win or be remembered by Uncle Ernie.

Comment

• Got up at 7am this morning because I'm expecting a parcel. Put off mowing the lawn because I wouldn't hear the doorbell over the mower. Now after 5pm and still no blooming parcel so I could have mowed the lawn ten times over! Could be delivered any time up to 10pm, so it may be a while yet...

Comment

• Lots of stunningly pretty blossom everywhere?...yup...but guess who woke up with hayfever this morning?

*sniff sniff
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Why do they make the ‘emergency’ drainage pipe on washing machines so small? It takes ages to drain the machine through a 5mm tube, never mind having to repeat 3 times this evening....
              At least I found the culprit - one of those little cloth labels where they put the laundry instructions on clothes had come off something and ended up jammed behind the filter blocking the outlet pipe!

Comment

• Its been at week at 6pm today since the beautiful Bessie the Bumps was put to sleep and I'm still looking for her.

No more pain little girl so run free.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• NEVER go away for a week and expect someone else to water plants. Lots of dead plants!!!!!!
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Tradesmen who do not keep appointments. Heating "engineer" supposed to be here 15:00/15:30. Nothing heard and it's now 16:15. No excuse with modern mobiles.

So unprofessional and discourteous.
                    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Update--called just before 17:00--on his way. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to have called when it was apparent that he couldn't make original ETA.

To cap that he reckoned I need new controller that's £66 and F75 keeps coming up on boiler, which means got to call Vaillant tomorrow as under guarantee. Will try to fit it in before seeing GP
                      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Danny if you haven't already done it check your system water standing pressure, if you ring Vaillant and they find the system pressure low with no fault they will charge you......
                        Last edited by Potstubsdustbins; 23-04-2018, 08:05 PM.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• People/friends/relatives who accept all your kindnesses and good turns, favours etc without so much as a thank you and then suddenly demand return for a favour/"gift" that you didnt need or want and try to embarrass you in front of others whilst asking for "repayment" . was a packet of cukes i didnt want worth the ill feeling i now have towards you ?

Comment

• That sucks, jackarmy, you don't deserve that.

Realising that no amount of staring at the forecast will make a magic window of no-rain appear for the two hours at dawn you can get to the plot tomorrow.

Comment

• First anniversary of my Dad's death. My sister-in-law has just sent me a photo of his entry in the book of remembrance at the cemetery. There's a missing apostrophe. A very minor thing really, but he was an English teacher and wouldn't have liked it. I imagine I'm the only one who has spotted it. I won't be saying anything, so excuse the petty rant here.

Comment

• Not petty. At least not in my [correctly apostrophised] book. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sorry for your loss, too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X