Clothes end up on the ground and tangled in the rose bushes,
      Enough said......

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Rosemary beetle has pretty much done for my lavender hedge. It was hit last year, and this year already there is hardly a leaf without neat semi circles eaten out of it. Today I've taken out three huge bags of dead twigs and branches. Think I'll let what's left flower (if it can) this year, then have the lot out and plant something else in its place.
        It's been good, I've had 6 years of sturdy hedge, made from two price reduced 6" pots of lavender, so can't complain really.
        Except my arms look as if I've been in a fight with a sackful of wildcats. Dead lavender is scratchy!
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Dishwasher not producing hot water so everything washed by hand and washing machine not draining properly. OH away on d of e Friday and Saturday so Sunday will be spent trying to fix.....
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• We'll, it looks like that's the second handmower I've broken within 2years....I think perhaps we need a more sturdy professional one

....and second rant.....
            Have you seen the price of new petrol handmowers?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I have grown to despise foxes. They mess everywhere and now they've eaten the birds that were nesting in our garden. They don't even run away these days... just stare me down like a belligerent teenager.

Comment

• I'm awake and Mr HH snoring..........
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I have to log in every time I visit the site and ticking the "remember me" box doesn't make any difference.

I also get some sort of redirect error when I do log in.
                  Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                  By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                  While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                  At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
                    I have to log in every time I visit the site and ticking the "remember me" box doesn't make any difference.

I also get some sort of redirect error when I do log in.
                    Some of us had the same problem in February after a site upgrade. Check this thread for solutions MBE...

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ing_95900.html

My rant - not just Chelsea tractors, but Chelsea tractors driven by 30 something women who think the one way system in the car park doesn't apply to them, in spite of 2 red "no entry" signs plus NO ENTRY painted on the roadway in letters two foot high, and glaring at me for being legitimately in the centre of the roadway travelling in the correct direction.

May all their tyres go flat on the motorway
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Had a look in the oldest compost bin today with a view to getting some out. Easy thirty wasps hugging assorted burgeoning nests or clinging to the sides gave me an evil look. Might have to get up early when they're cold to deal with them. Have a friend who's terribly allergic, so they have to go. Plus, I want the compost but no stings. Can't use spray seeing as they're in the compost bin...

Comment

• Being stuck behind some of the most robust, capable, cars on the road, and be forced to potter along as their drivers take evasive action for every minor discrepancy in the road surface or slightly adverse bit of weather, while lesser cars are totally untroubled by these things, but held up behind all the same.

Comment

• The spiders in my house have woken up. Haven't seen one for months. Walked in to four big ones this evening, and that's just in the two rooms I've been in since I got home!

Comment

• The taxi driver who bought us home from Asba's.
                            I've used the same firm since OH lost his license (dementia) last July and always had kind and considerate drivers.

The one today, in his late 20's refused to help get the shopping trolley or carriers into the boot - thats OK said I I'll do it if you have a bad back etc (no other driver has not helped). No, he says my backs fine and I'm not paid to be your skivvy.

Slinging the cab round corners so shopping out of carriers everywhere and radio turned up full blast as he is quote 'not paid to talk'.

Sadly no tip for him and even sadder the 30 marigolds that were in his firms fleet car were accidently tipped on their sides whilst I was getting them out as he sat in his drivers seat. I hope he don't mind cleaning the boot then!
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Ring and complain,i would,
                              my rant is how selfish a lot off the world and it's people are,it's the sun you know,dries their tiny little brain cells out,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lumpy last time I had a driver like that I said nowt....well not to him any way. They tell me he was most shocked when the company owner walked in and tin tacked him.
                                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X