No announcement yet.

Our Forum

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the positive feedback, I hope everyone is having a great week!
    Hannah
    👩

Comment

Good Afternoon all,

I have some news on our forum.
      I have been speaking to our moderators about the speed of the site and they have been asking about the upgrade.

This week we have decided not to upgrade the forum.
      There are many reasons for this, our main worry is the changes will result in loosing a lot of members to the forum.
      As a result of this decision we will be working together with the moderators to fix bugs and faults on the forum.
      Hannah
      👩

Comment

if it can be kept "as is", and bugs fixed then your onto a winner

Comment

^^^Totally agree!
          sigpic

Comment

As an (ex) developer you are in a difficult position. You are making the right decision for now but an upgrade will become essential in the near future. Thankyou for the update.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

Not sure where to post this as I can't see a forum support forum so please move if in the wrong place. When I use quick search on my PC the last post info is missing. This has happened more than once.

Edit - it's missing off all the fora, actually.
              Last edited by marchogaeth; 03-06-2018, 10:49 AM.
              "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I’ll flag to admin March.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I’ll flag to admin March.
                  Dioch yn fawr.

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	2378700

Anything, please? I hate using the app on the phone but this is even more annoying than the tiny screen. I can't see that it's AddBlocker.
                    Last edited by marchogaeth; 09-06-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Is it the same if you use "New Posts"?

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]80901[/ATTACH]

Anything, please? I hate using the app on the phone but this is even more annoying than the tiny screen. I can't see that it's AddBlocker.
                        I think whats happened when you blocked an add it also blocked that info. try going back and undo some blocks see if you can find which one it is.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

App?

Originally posted by Hannah Anderson View Post
                          Hi all,

I'm Hannah I work on the development team over here at the Grow Your Own headquarters. I just wanted to let everyone know what has been happening with the forum recently.

Last year when Chris (our lead developer) started development on the new forum/website we run into an issue with the software that's run on the box.

When the server crashed it was a progressive failure so we didn't see the affects of the failure for days (potentially weeks) this was completely out of our control and there's no way to check when it started. Because we didn't see the effects of the failure, errors were copied over onto our backups (which are stored on a completely different server).

The Sunday that the server crashed everything had to be rebuilt from the ground up and I believe there was around 6/7 hours downtime before being brought back online. Since then we have lost files (images primarily) but the way the server failed it's difficult to isolate a pattern. We've tried and tried to get the images back online because the last thing we want is to cause disruption. We have been looking into potential solutions for quite some time now and have been met with a brick wall at every turn.

There's one final attempt we are looking into and will be trying over the coming weeks. If this fails unfortunately we've lost the files.

This was a situation completely out of our control and there's very little we can do to prevent this. Failures are uncommon but they do happen, usually the backup is enough to protect us, but because it was a silent failure over time it's copied onto the backups. Chris and Dave have had numerous conversation with engineers and tried to put in place further protections.

Unfortunately this not the kind of news anyone wanted to here.

We will keep the everyone updated with how the situation evolves.

Hi Hannah, it’s been a while since I’ve used these forums, am I right in thinking a few years back the forums were available via a mobile app?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Amy,
                            Hannah is no longer part of the Admin Team and won't see your post.
                            There used to be an app but there isn't now.

Did you used to be a member of the Forum?

Comment

Looks like Hannah climbed on board the vine back in 2015 and although I never used a mobile app I'm certain that the app which was used disappeared well before then

Comment

2014 was when the app was stopped

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X