No announcement yet.

(Slug) Trebuchet!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you do know that if they fly less than 20 ft they'll be back?

As an aside....one trusts that no snugs were actually harmed in that demonstration

Ps...when will it become available on eBay?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yes - I've set myself a target of 30 ft. I'll need to do some work to get there. Add a 'sling-thing' and get the balance right on the fulcrum.Some better materials rather than the junk I had lying about. Warwick Castle know how to do it right:
      https://youtu.be/RN18I-RBVm4

I can confirm that "no *snugs* were actually harmed in that demonstration"
      Last edited by Baldy; 15-07-2016, 09:21 PM. Reason: typoo
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Look forward to stage 2

I use these you've got to get position of release and force correct though or they land at your feet.
        Perhaps a windmill effect would shift more , with power supplied by bottle whirlies
        Northern England.

Comment

What are your thoughts on bullfights ?
          Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Personally don't like them.
            If the same rules apply to the bulls and the bullfighters then I'm ok with it I suppose.
            Matador death: Mother of bull that killed Victor Barrio to be slaughtered to 'kill bloodline' | Metro News

why do you ask?
            sigpic

Comment

I wondered re question. Is it to do with killing slugs ?
              Northern England.

Comment

You'll notice that in the video I mention that its a test slug (rotten wood). I probably wouldn't launch a real slug - but I kill them with my boots and pellets in bottles and throw them by hand. I'd rather not but if I didn't apply some control I would get nothing from many of my crops.
                So maybe its a matter of respect for the slug, I don't know - I'm in awe of many of their abilities - but try to limit their damage to what I grow.
                sigpic

Comment

Slug battles don't have crowds (paying) , bullfighters (paid) ...bull suppliers ? Paid? Bulls get the short straw ? Unless they win..but then they don't survive.
                  I don't think the two could be compared.
                  Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                    I can confirm that "no *snugs* were actually harmed in that demonstration"
                    Except the one (called Lucky) who was hit on the head by a piece of rotten woon that came, inexplicably, from a great height!

I showed my 13 year old daughter the video....I thought she'd find it as funny as me. She just gave me one of her most scathing, 'mums a sad weirdo' eye rolls
                    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
                      Except the one (called Lucky) who was hit on the head by a piece of rotten woon that came, inexplicably, from a great height!

I showed my 13 year old daughter the video....I thought she'd find it as funny as me. She just gave me one of her most scathing, 'mums a sad weirdo' eye rolls
                      My 16 year old doesn't want me to put it on Facebook... what to do
                      Last edited by Baldy; 15-07-2016, 11:49 PM. Reason: Typoo
                      sigpic

Comment

My 16 year old doesn't want me to put it on Facebook... what to do
                        Find something to turn it around so its the right way up and do it.... YouTube as well

Lets see how long it takes before you are a Rude Tube superstar
                        Last edited by Cadalot; 16-07-2016, 06:30 AM.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Baldy, you are a genius. I've played it a few times.

Am now running through all the spare wood supplies I have at the plot to figure out if I can make one.
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I'm waiting for BM to come along now and metaphorically tear it to pieces.
                            I would never dream of tearing another artists work to pieces.................
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X