(Slug) Trebuchet!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Slug) Trebuchet!!!

Didn't fancy painting and decorating this morning - I am on holiday after all - so instead built this:
    (Hope the link works)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D...ew?usp=sharing

Wanted to make sure the PopBottle thread stayed on track.
    It needs a few tweaks. - much heavier weight and better/smoother axle for starters - still it chucked the test slug about 4 feet....
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Lovin' it .............!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Great. But I do declare you to be a person with too much time on your hands!

How comes you're not a member of the Nutters Club?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Great. But I do declare you to be a person with too much time on your hands!

How comes you're not a member of the Nutters Club?
        I'm on holiday! Though Mrs Baldy was heard to mutter "it's like living with another child!" Meh.

Maybe Marxist philosophy? "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx that is...
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmmm .............

You're creation belongs to the people ~ in true Marxist style Balders!!!
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Brilliant - with a longer fulcrum and more weight you would be a sluggy field lobber in no time (you would get the lovely little critters over the hedge).

Have you thought about sluggie catch. Launch slug and get someone to catch it in a beer trap. Hours of fun for all the family! You could paint a bulls eye target on the grass and just move the weights up and down and watch people 'run for the slug'.

Obviously, a score board would also be needed.

Please replace a slug with a suitable squishy tom as I am not a cruel person.............
            Last edited by Lumpy; 15-07-2016, 06:18 PM.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Nooooo Lumpy - slugs is good..!!!!!!!
              Think how the poor toms would feel ................!!!
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

OMG What have I done!!!

Balders I love it, mind it would be better with the video the right way up.

Well I think you need to record the distance and you hold the record until we can find someone else with to much time on their hand to build a better one. I think perhaps a phone call to Guinness World r Records may be in order after we create some rules about the build.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Haha, brilliant! I'd have so much fun flinging all the slugs I find in that
                  Carrie

Comment

You Hoooo BM..................are you busy at the moment? Slug lobber builder needed.

And Balders if you place the fulcrum at one third of the way (the end with the weights) and two thirds on the upright the throwing arm it should give you more propulsion!

This is what you get for studying Romand culture.....................me Rubicon never...............
                    Last edited by Lumpy; 15-07-2016, 07:58 PM.
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

haha I love it!!
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                        You Hoooo BM..................are you busy at the moment? Slug lobber builder needed.

And Balders if you place the fulcrum at one third of the way (the end with the weights) and two thirds on the upright the throwing arm it should give you more propulsion!

This is what you get for studying Romand culture.....................me Rubicon never...............
                        Yeah. I'm no engineer but have studied medieval history so new it was a long way from good. Thing is I was in the doghouse this morning and was mostly trying to annoy missus Balders rather than take time to do it properly I'm waiting for BM to come along now and metaphorically tear it to pieces.
                        sigpic

Comment

Someone has too much time on his hands methinks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Sir, I salute you!

You are my new, absolute hero...made me laugh out loud Brian Blessed style....twice! (couldn't resist watching it again )
                            http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

If you get any bother, tell em to ring 'Slug-line'
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X