House plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
    I have a peace lily and a umberella plant which I brought back from the dead quite chuffed with myself over that oh and a aloe vera.. I never consider that a palnt as we use it for medical stuff..

After I saw the size of christine wlkdens christmas cactus I think I will get one of them later this year but Inalso want more peace lillies and a few other good air plants but I wait till they go down in price at work as I just refuse to pay full price!

We sell alot of house plants and usuay have quite amgood mixture in, when I go around other shops (mostly diy shops) I notice they only have a few house plants, I think they just havent got the time to spare someone to work on the horti section all day, and the hp take up to much room indoors.. shame really.
    Hi, how/where do you keep your aloe vera please? and apart from rubbing on the sap for skin problems, can I ask how you use yours?

I am pretty clueless and was given one before christmas. The poor thing had been outside in the cold and rain and was starting to flop and go black. It's been sat on my kitchen table since and has just about dried out now. I've removed all the damaged arms and it seems to be going well now but i'm afraid to do anything to it lol

Oh on another note I remember watching something about aloe cuttings and they took a whole arm and then cut it into about 2cm diagonal pieces and lined them all up in a seed tray, using rooting hormone........have you ever tried this or any other method?

Thanks either way
    ''I've left all my belongings on the side of the road and i'm hoping my mind can be free.'' --- Hanami - Bolesworth Blues

http://www.hanamimusic.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by AvidNewBee View Post
      Hi, how/where do you keep your aloe vera please? and apart from rubbing on the sap for skin problems, can I ask how you use yours?

I am pretty clueless and was given one before christmas. The poor thing had been outside in the cold and rain and was starting to flop and go black. It's been sat on my kitchen table since and has just about dried out now. I've removed all the damaged arms and it seems to be going well now but i'm afraid to do anything to it lol

Oh on another note I remember watching something about aloe cuttings and they took a whole arm and then cut it into about 2cm diagonal pieces and lined them all up in a seed tray, using rooting hormone........have you ever tried this or any other method?

Thanks either way
      We use the aloe for burns, cuts, stings, bites.. also as face cream. I've tried eating the innards but it is just to smelly..
      Mine is in full sun on the bedroom window, I usually water it once a month when I remember it needs it.
      I've never took cuttings from it but a lady I know on fb has potted hers up over the years and it is massive! Hers in in the conservatory. Mine throws out a lot of new shoots with us cutting at it all the time. It is more or less neglected till we need it.
      If you want to view paradise
      Simply look around and view it.

Comment

I have recently put up some shelving in my office (not enough space left on desk) for my indoor plants. I have 2 Jade plants, 2 spider plants, 1 crassulaceae kalanchoe, 1 ficus, 1 peace lily and 1 dracaena 'janet craig'.
        My wife wont let me fill the house with plants so im filling my office instead
        Be Vegan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X