• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yip, you can definately use them.
    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm starting to feel a Challenge coming on

Comment

I just finished my first 2lt bottle this morning, it's great stuff.

Comment

I think another challenge for me will be to make large bars of soap for my next batch of this.

Comment

Some of the USA sites use normal toilet soap, so I don't see why not.

I've also read about adding essential oils for fragrance. I have a lot of essential oils and also cosmetic fragrances, so I might try this if'n I make this Gloop.
            Last edited by julesapple; 27-01-2013, 02:27 PM.
            Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

That's what I used Jules, I had some Imperial Leather lying around not getting used so I bunged that in and it worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                Yip, you can definately use them.
                Thanks, I've just weighed my soap ends and there is 7.7oz so I'll definitely give it a go.
                Proud Member of the Celery Stalk Nutters Club
                www.annesgardeningdiary.blogspot.com

Comment

So, no one has naffed their machine using this then?

There are a few horror stories about high efficiency front loaders being naffed or gunked up. I'm trying not to let them put me off as I've got one these and it's now without warranty.
                  Jules

Comment

Machine maintenance, Jules!? I use old machines that people are giving away, and I never bother. I wash synthetics on 30/40 degrees, depending on grubbiness. Cottons get a hotter wash, or a boil if needed, and my whites get a hot wash. Have to say, for the last six months I have run my machine without the silly little filter in.

I think the only other thing I would suggest, is to put whatever you are using; powder/liquid/tabs/gloop put it in the drum before adding the washing. Don't use a dispenser or the drawers. I have done this since the very first time I ever machine-dyed anything. It states on the packet that the dye powder and salt mixes with the water better that way, so I figured it would be better for the powder/gloop too!
                    Last edited by Glutton4...; 27-01-2013, 05:18 PM.
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I've also just found this;

Gel Air Freshener - StumbleUpon

That looks like a good excuse to get messy. I've got out-of-date gelatine, fragrances, colourings and lots of little glass pots from 99p shop scented candles.....
                      Jules

Comment

G4, ours is a Bosch machine that cost us an arm & leg about ten years ago. It's never needed to be looked at once but if I naffed the seal or whatever using the Gloopy then the BH is going to have my guts because now we couldn't afford to fix or replace it. And I have that kind of luck, you know?

Your recipe doesn't use Borax (which, I think, is the cause of seal problems and nasty laundry stinkiness) and Ananke is using a Borax substitute.......maybe that's why no one's had any problems?

Just looked up the Borax sub. Didn't realise we can't buy Borax over here any longer. The BH says this is because it can be used to make an explosive. Will try and find Borax sub tomorrow.....
                        Last edited by julesapple; 27-01-2013, 05:42 PM.
                        Jules

Comment

I don't use a substitute.

Comment

No. Well, I like the real thing myself

I'm going looking for Borax sub tomorrow, but if'n I can't find it in this poxy town, then it's bicarb for me too. Going by the Dri Pak website, Waitrose may be my best bet.

Oooh....must remember to get unsquashed milk bottles out of the recycling!
                            Jules

Comment

If you have an alternative to the milk bottles, you may be wise trying it. The ruddy things like to split along the seem, and waste the gunk inside.

Comment

Ah. Right. Booger.

I've got some old fashioned glass pop bottles with flip tops, I think they're a litre each.
                                Jules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X