Denham launches 'grow your own' scheme for unused land

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denham launches 'grow your own' scheme for unused land

Denham launches 'grow your own' scheme for unused land - Communities Bulletin - Regen.net

Proposed earlier this yearLaunched today - sorry haven't had time to check if already posted!
    'May your cattle never wander and your crops never fail'

Now, call me an old cynic but I smell a bit of electioneering here. They've discovered that people are fed up with the cr*p sold in supermarkets and would like to take control of what they eat. Let's give em some land to play with...it's just a fad and won't last long and we get some votes out of it

Comment

Defra communities to grow their own food

found this on the defra site
      more funding for allotments or just hot air ?
      Defra, UK - News - New help for communities to grow their own food

Comment

There is an earlier thread about this one - mixed responses!
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

"Cuts"

I'd be surprised if the country's pot of stolen money was spent on anything as useful as allotments. They'll probably just concentrate on causing problems for the vulnerable and mentally ill people in society, pull all the funding possible from useful things like actually fulfilling their obligations to do things like provide land for allotments - all while keeping big budgets, bonuses and final salary pensions for themselves.

Me?
          Moan?
          Never!

Comment

And this is from the same goverment that destroyed an exinsting allotment site in the area of the olympic site to make way for a footpath.

Comment

Had to look at this as its our surname and being chairwoman of our new allotment commitee and the fact our local PC have just given us our land.]
              i thought how did they know lol

Comment

Doh! I wish I had seen this yesterday morning, John Denham was standing outside my daughter's school!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X