No announcement yet.

House or Land?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sarah's hit the nail on the head...you've only got yourselves to please.
    I've voted land too

Comment

I would go for land. My dream is to get a small holding in Wales, alhough France could be an option!!
      Jax

Comment

House.

Although I dream I would be good enough for land and small holding, I fear that is a dream as I am not really the kind to wake up at 4am in the morning to milk cows!

Comment

Land for sure. It will only ever get more precious and what are houses built on?! There's a massive push by the Government to have X million houses built by 2020 (I think thats the date) and so building permission, especially for sustainable housing is being promoted, so should be easier to get than previously.

And if you buy some land that already has outlined planning permission - no problem
          Last edited by lizzylemon; 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I could live in a caravan for a while............but only until I got the house built!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

IIRC you still need planning permission to permantley site a mobile home or caravan

Went for house

Comment

Well you can probably guess my answer, what with chooks and horses, dog cat, and a wishlist that includes pigs, llamas (or alpacas) goats and a huge garden.
                LAND.
                Lived in a caravan for a year, easy peasy as long as you have water and drainage laid on.
                Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

I have gone for house, simply because I put more value on having a roof over my head than on having land to grow. Also because, much as I enjoy camping in tents in the summer months, and have had a trailer holiday or two, I would not be able to cope with living in one 24/7 for what may be a fairly long time. I imagine that it would be very difficult to live like that.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                    , I would not be able to cope with living in one 24/7 for what may be a fairly long time. I imagine that it would be very difficult to live like that.
                    Nor would I. I have very 'space-heavy' hobbies. I need a whole room for my sewing stuff! I didn't vote. I already have the house and use of land I need. However, if the paddock behind us came up for sale I'd snap his hand off!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaJS View Post
                      Besides, in what other area of life are people so keen to get less for more?
                      Work......
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

House for me - caravans ain't built for people my size.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

without a doubt, land.
                          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I cant vote as I am already lucky enough (like Flum) to have both.
                            Wish you luck though Glutton, on whatever you decide eventually to do.
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Thirty years ago I'd have opted for the land, but at 71 I'm going for a house!

Comment

House.... smallish garden.... allotment, in that order is what I have.

House..... large garden is what I would like.

Caravan.....have thought about it, but i like my house too much.

Sorry no help whatsoever !
                                You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X