X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    Foreign taxi driver?
    Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Am disappointed by the number of posts which are leaping to assumptions and the ones with somewhat racist undertones are particularly unpleasant.
    I guess you mean me? I think the racism is in the inference.

I mentioned "foreign" because taxi drivers are bad (drivers) enough, let alone non-natives who possibly can't read our road signs, and maybe don't have British licenses (or insurance).

Nobody is jumping to any conclusions: we're just saying 'yes, I think you should report it'. Actually.
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 22-02-2010, 04:22 PM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I seem to recall Glasgowdan claiming not to have any liking for his chickens recently but as he fought his corner (and lost) his sneaking affection for them became apparent
      If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

I wasn't meaning to imply that evil had been done in this case. Just that I know that quotation (though obviously not who said it) and it seems to me it's better to do something than to worry that there's a problem but NOT do anything.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          I guess you mean me? I think the racism is in the inference.

I mentioned "foreign" because taxi drivers are bad (drivers) enough, let alone non-natives who possibly can't read our road signs, and maybe don't have British licenses (or insurance).

Nobody is jumping to any conclusions: we're just saying 'yes, I think you should report it'. Actually.
          Wasn't your comment actually, there was another one further up, although I don't feel very comfortable with "what do you expect from a foreigner?" type comments, however they are intended.

I still think that a lot of conclusions are being jumped to and it's a shame that anybody need to be suspicious about anybody

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            I wasn't meaning to imply that evil had been done in this case. Just that I know that quotation (though obviously not who said it) and it seems to me it's better to do something than to worry that there's a problem but NOT do anything.
            Sorry Flum, did comment that I wasn't pointing a finger at you but your quote seemed to sum up what was being inferred on other posts and it is very important to me to stress that evil is not the majority, whavever some would have you believe.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I think Jeanie's got her answer.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X