Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected a few overly-emotive replies after my post. The reason I think the way I do is because I am a 100% objective person, I think objectively and balance probabilities in my mind when I see things.

It's nothing to do with caring for fellow humans or not!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Can you imagine that happening in the UK????

Not! Classic example is last week: Our road is very long, everyone is very isolated, none of us are very friendly with each other.

Anyway, I'd pulled over at the top of our rd with my hazard lights on, to all intents and purposes looking like I'd broken down, (actually I waiting for my boss as I had his debtcard in my pocket and he was off out for the night) and 4 of my neighbours drove past without one of them even slowing down let alone stopping to see if I needed any help....

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowdan View Post
        The reason I think the way I do is because I am a 100% objective person, I think objectively and balance probabilities in my mind when I see things.
        I honestly envy you!

Peeps like me need peeps like you to point out alternative views!
        Good job we're all different!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
          Thanks again for the input - this bothered me and it would have been something I could have chewed over with my late OH. * sigh.
          Now I've got the Vine!
          We are always here hon

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          "All that is needed for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing."
          Don't know who said it but it's worth quoting.
          Edward Burke apparently
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Well, folks - all details submitted to crimestoppers so it is over to them.
            Well done Jeanied - I'm sure you've done the right thing. Did they give you a log reference number so that you can find out what has happened? (I'm sure we would all like to know the outcome!)

Originally posted by lizzylemon View Post
            If by stopping when I see someone hurt, asking people if they need help when they're obviously struggling and voicing my concern when something seems wrong then guilty as charged.

I'm guilty as well then.

Maybe if a few more people were 'interfering', kids wouldn't be running wild, OAP's wouldn't be scared to leave their houses and the newspapers wouldn't be filled with stabbings and shootings on a daily basis.
            My thought exactly, Lizzielemon.

I expected a few overly-emotive replies after my post. The reason I think the way I do is because I am a 100% objective person, I think objectively and balance probabilities in my mind when I see things.

I see where you're coming from glasgowdan, but aren't you then assuming that you know best?
            Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Edmund Burke Quotes - The Quotations Page

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Problem is dude - you haven't seen anything have you...
                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                  Problem is dude - you haven't seen anything have you...
                  I see lots of things, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                    Edward Burke apparently
                    What ! As in Burke and Hare!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I see lots of things, dude.
                      Seeing things is one thing, seeing the right thing is something else.

Dude.
                      Last edited by HeyWayne; 22-02-2010, 11:46 AM.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

When decent people stop caring about things which appear "wrong" to them, society rapidly descends into chaos.

Jeanied has done the right thing in contacting Crimestoppers. If no crime has been committed then she has not harmed her neighbour.

The Edmund Burke quote is spot on. Something I remember seeing years ago as part of an exhibition at The Tate was "if you see something wrong and do nothing about it, you make yourself a whole new set of standards". It's about integrity - picking up litter when no-one sees you doing it, going to check on an elderly neighbour you haven't seen for a few days - all the little things which make a community, not just somewhere to live.

Comment

The front LHS wing has been dented and there is blood on the paintwork and some finger streaks.
                          If it was just a dent, I'd ignore it. Blood and fingerprints? Foreign taxi driver? Bring on Miss Marple. (I have to declare an interest here: cyclists get hit all the time, and the driver 'didn't even notice')

What interfering neighbours you all must be!
                          Good. It's about time we started looking out for each other.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

"What interfering neighbours you all must be!"

I find my neighbours appreciate my "interfering" when they are ill and are not seen ofr two - three days. Or when they are struggling trying to lift something..

The Baby P episode had a lot of people who decided not to "interfere"..:-(
                            Last edited by Madasafish; 22-02-2010, 12:35 PM.

Comment

It does sound strange but to be honest and yes it needs more investigation. I find it very hard to believe that the neighbour would leave the smoking gun for all to see and am disappointed that the normal response seems to be to see evil. Yes, evil does exist but it's not everywhere (despite what some papers would like you to believe). Am disappointed by the number of posts which are leaping to assumptions and the ones with somewhat racist undertones are particularly unpleasant.

By the way, not pointing a finger at Flum, just quoted her as her quote mentioned evil so was relevant.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Sadly I cannot provide any more info for people wanting to know:no update will be forthcoming from Crimestoppers as all reporting is anonymous so they don't know anything about me.
                                However I shall be talking to my neigbour the next time I come across him in the street. Then I can post on here for all of you lovely people!
                                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X