No announcement yet.

Bath or shower?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't really like baths - why would I want to sit in water full of my old skin and dirt? If I want to relax, read and have a glass of wine then I'd rather do it somewhere comfortable like bed or on the sofa. Only ever have one if I'm really really full of cold otherwise would much rather have a shower. Agree with the posts above that you don't need one every day although I usually do before work as it gives me a quick wake up - in and out in a couple of minutes though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Shower, 90% of the year. As the Raynauds symptoms progressed, I found it harder to get into the bath on cold evenings (the water felt like fire, even though it was an ok temp). Haven't had a bath for over a year (don't panic, I've showered lots, lol!). I have to shower most evenings, as I do sweat a bit and lead an active lifestyle, plus work in a very hot lab!

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
        I just cannot understand today's fixation with washing our bodies. Do we really believe that in a day or two our bodies are 'unclean unclean'! Nature has it's own way of removing dead cells and even deoderising. By constant scrubbing with water softeners we are destroying the natural oils that keep our skin supple. OK, I must admit to enjoying a bath occasionally but, no soap or detergent just a soak in the jaccuzzi and a light scrub and an after oil up. Daily I use 'wet wipes' just to keep me sweet.
        I dunno, I have a sensitive nose and I can smell people who haven't showered/cleaned that day. Also, food smells from dinner (especially from hot food and curry) seems to stick on you.

Nature has their own way of cleaning yourself but nature also creates BO!

Comment

A shower for me and I have one every morning, it wakes me up for the day.
          I don't like a bath at all - can't stand the thought of sitting in dirty water Strangely enough, I find a shower will either wake me up (as in a morning) or relax me (at night). Ideally I'd like the bath taken out and have a wet room instead, the bath never gets used.
          Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Shower every morning. Can't manage to get in and out of bath these days, but don't really miss it. We had thought about taking the bath out, but if we decide to downsize in the future I worry that it would be detrimental to a sale. It's a family house, so children would need the bath.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Have an en suite shower which I use 90% of the time but would hate to be without my bath when I`m feeling achey, indulgent or tired. If I could only have 1 it would be the shower.

Comment

Shower, every morning. Twice a day when abroad in warmer climes. I probably havent had a bath for well over 10 years.
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

bath, I haven't got a shower, bu I can't be bothered to bath every day, it's notlike I sweat much in the winter
                  :::I can already hear cries of EEEWWWW!!!!!:::

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X