Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you tell your parents you were pregnant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had to tell my parents early for both of my children as because of previous fetility issues and an ectopic before, I had to have her come with my for bloods and early scans. So she knew at about 5 weeks.
    Rest of family were told after 6 week scan showed all was ok, and friends told after 12 week scan. Although they had guessed as I was already in maternity clothes by then the second time round lol

Comment

If I'd been 'nagged' a bit (however gently) I think I would wait for the next installment and simply reply that yes, we ARE starting a family thank you.....
      Otherwise, yes, a Granny-card for Mother's day sounds a nice approach.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Thank you for all the well wishes!

All my family is in the US.. we were supposed to go in late summer this year, but if all goes well I'd be around eight months then.. so we might go at Easter instead (they say the second trimester is best for traveling). I will defiantly wait to then to tell them, since I think it would be best in person. Thanks for all the ideas of how to do it.. I love the Grandmother Card idea, as well as the 'here's some really lovely yarn mum, to knit a baby blanket' idea. Maybe one idea for the mum and the other for the mum-in-law?

Comment

Now I'm really concerned, I'm good for the funny answers, the off the cuff comments that bring a smile then are forgotten. now people are actually listening to my sugestions, I think I may have to lie down. I don't know if I can cope with the pressure
          Thought For The Day
          If a plum tomato breaks the law when it’s young
          Would it’s criminal past ketchup with it later?

Comment

Congrats!!!

We just showed them the 12 week scan photo, which was really clear ! (attached - which has turned into the madam in my avatar) Just said, we've a photo to show you - and showed them.

For my mother in law (who bought us a book about trying to concieve?? - we weren't even trying really) I just said thanks, the book worked really well and tired me out!

Oh yes - we took a week by week photo of my wife's bump developing - we just looked back at them today (6 months later) and it's mad to see how she changed over the months - would really recommend it.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by chris; 14-02-2010, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Many congratulations Gwen.

When I was expecting my 3rd (16 years after my 2nd) I had to tell my MIL and mum in a hurry as my husband hadn't stuck to our agreement to wait until after the 12th week, and had told everyone in the pub . I didn't need our parents to be told such news by someone else.

Went to see MIL first and was surprised to see my SIL there. She said she'd had to come and tell her mum she was pregnant. I said "Snap".

Then went to see my mum who was knitting for my sister's baby and asked if she would knit the same for mine.
              Last edited by JanieB; 15-02-2010, 11:58 AM.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

What wonderful news Gwen! Congratulations!

I told mine at 12 weeks - on my way out the door to the hospital! (Everything was OK but I had a scare.) Not the ideal way to share the good news but they were over the moon - once they got over the shock!

Telling them in person would be nice. The hugs are great!
                A good beginning is half the work.
                Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Congratulations Gwen, great news.

As a dad who has been told by his 2 eldest kids that he is going to be a granddad, I just think its brilliant whichever way it comes.
                  Daughter was quite nervous about telling me, which is bizarre as we have a great relationship, but I was delighted.
                  The second one, I was with the ex Mme Leponge, and daughter says "er, Dad, I've got something to tell you." Mme Leponge says "you're pregnant again arent you." Daughter replies, "phew, that was easy."

I did like the Mothers day card idea, but as has been said, to be told the news is generally brilliant, no matter how it comes.
                  Bob Leponge
                  Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                    Congratulations Gwen!

Like Anna, I told people as soon as I knew myself, it really never occured to me to wait or 'make an announcement'
                    Huge congratulations.

exactly what SeaHorse said really.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X