BT free calls: not till 7pm now

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
    Can't remember where I saw this first, but I was aware of it, they're shifting the goal posts from 6PM-6AM to 7PM-7AM. Can't see how it's a profit making move, after all after the first quarter everyone's going to be aware of it. And really, as long as you're aware of it, how many calls do you desperately HAVE to make on your landline between 6 & 7?
    Sorry HotStuff but you really need to look into the 'small print' as TwoSheds has, that's if you get a paper bill, if not, e-billing so they reckon give you updates to changes. Have you had your recent BT update re - migration charges? I didn't, they charged me and when I asked why, they couldn't answer me. T&C's blah, ask them to produce the 'original T&C's' which according to them gave them the 'authority' to make changes. They couldn't, they didn't have a copy. They then changed this to 'T&C's were verbally read to you at the time of us supplying you with a phone service.' I asked them to give me a recording of this, they couldn't answer, therefore, its null and void. Not having a go or causing a debate, but think about it. Not aimed at you personally HotStuff! Whenever did you have the full T&C's verbally given to you when taking out a landline etc with BT!
    Last edited by MrsC; 09-02-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
      Sorry HotStuff but you really need to look into the 'small print' as TwoSheds has, that's if you get a paper bill, if not, e-billing so they reckon give you updates to changes. Have you had your recent BT update re - migration charges? I didn't, they charged me and when I asked why, they couldn't answer me. T&C's blah, ask them to produce the 'original T&C's' which according to them gave them the 'authority' to make changes. They couldn't, they didn't have a copy. They then changed this to 'T&C's were verbally read to you at the time of us supplying you with a phone service.' I asked them to give me a recording of this, they couldn't answer, therefore, its null and void. Not having a go or causing a debate, but think about it. Not aimed at you personally HotStuff! Whenever did you have the full T&C's verbally given to you when taking out a landline etc with BT!
      Erm, what part of what I said sparked this tirade?
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
        Erm, what part of what I said sparked this tirade?
        Certainly not aimed at you HotStuff as I stated. You're comment 'after all after the first quarter everyone's going to be aware of it' made me think that no, people aren't aware of all the changes after their first quarter, that's why they pay the bill and don't question, I did and they can't answer my questions. I just find it strange that when I asked a few simple questions re -my bill they actually stated 'they didn't know.' It makes me think. Not having a go at you personally. They can't make it up as they go along re - billing. They even admitted that they had put a 'late charge payment' on my bill, which was a bit bizarre. I asked them if they had informed me of this, they said no and they had not itemised this on the bill. They removed it, don't make sense to me. Did they just add this onto my call charges/line rental? They couldn't answer.
        Last edited by MrsC; 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
          Certainly not aimed at you HotStuff as I stated. You're comment 'after all after the first quarter everyone's going to be aware of it' made me think that no, people aren't aware of all the changes after their first quarter, that's why they pay the bill and don't question, I did and they can't answer my questions. I just find it strange that when I asked a few simple questions re -my bill they actually stated 'they didn't know.' It makes me think. Not having a go at you personally. They can't make it up as they go along re - billing. They even admitted that they had put a 'late charge payment' on my bill, which was a bit bizarre. I asked them if they had informed me of this, they said no and the had not itemised this on the bill. They removed it, don't make sense to me.
          I understand you have a big issue with BT, but that is not to do with the subject of this thread. If my BT bill went up significantly in any given quarter then I would look to see why. If I hadn't been aware of the 6-6 to 7-7 changes then I might be pi**ed off but I would bite the bullet and make sure it didn't happen in future. Yes, I accept that they should make their customers aware of the changes, and I'm sorry I can't remember how I was made aware of this. The point I was really trying to make is that it can't be a long term strategy to increase profits as most people will get wise to it after a quarter if not before. And anyway it's still 7 weeks until the change happens, how does anyone know for sure that there isn't going to be a big ad campaign to make evryone aware between now and then?
          Last edited by HotStuff; 10-02-2010, 10:38 AM.
          There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I'm with you completely, Pies. We have been using 18185, or ConnectTelecom, for four years now and it has saved us a fortune!
            You can use it any time of day or night and you also get a reduction on calls to mobiles. I regularly phone my daughter in Connecticut at 1/2p per minute plus the 4p connection fee. It's brilliant - try it!

Originally posted by Pies View Post
            Whilst we are on BT i advise every BT customer to sign up to 18185.co.uk

They are an override provider and BT can not legally block them,other companies can and do but not BT

You have to use Direct Debit but landline calls are 5p PER CALL you choose when to use the service obviously only before 7pm to use you just dial 18185 then the number you want

Simples

P.S i dont work for 18185 and there are others but i do use 18185 and it saves an awful lot on the phone bill

Comment

We just have BT Anytime, so it makes no odds to me

We've previously tried to switch to 'talk-talk', they totally cocked-up the switchover; 'forgot' to set up the broadband bit of the deal, and then refused to accept the cancellation due to their breach of contract. They then spent nearly 12 months trying to get £40 odd off us, adding charges here, there and everywhere, before we finally sent them a solicitor's letter detailing every part of the transaction/contract failure and telling them that if it went to court they wouldn't have a leg to stand on! Didn't hear from them again after that.

And as to BT, I've never had a problem with them really, apart from their prices. But we switched to the Anytime plan and it's saved us loads - we got so much in credit that I'm getting a 2 month payment holiday, and then payments go down after that

And I saved money on broadband by linking it to my mobile phone account. So tis all good

Comment

We're with virgin so doesn't affect us, rarely in early enough to make calls between 6 and 7 anyway.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I knew of the 6-6 to 7-7 changes when they (BT) sent me an email alerting me of the changes.
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Likewise, Piskie.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                      We just have BT Anytime, so it makes no odds to me

We've previously tried to switch to 'talk-talk', they totally cocked-up the switchover; 'forgot' to set up the broadband bit of the deal, and then refused to accept the cancellation due to their breach of contract. They then spent nearly 12 months trying to get £40 odd off us, adding charges here, there and everywhere, before we finally sent them a solicitor's letter detailing every part of the transaction/contract failure and telling them that if it went to court they wouldn't have a leg to stand on! Didn't hear from them again after that.

And as to BT, I've never had a problem with them really, apart from their prices. But we switched to the Anytime plan and it's saved us loads - we got so much in credit that I'm getting a 2 month payment holiday, and then payments go down after that

And I saved money on broadband by linking it to my mobile phone account. So tis all good
                      i had a 2 month "payment holiday" because i was always in credit and then on the 3rd months monthly instalments went from £24.00 to £46.00 pounds . when i asked why i was told because i was no longer in credit . i pointed out this was because of the payment holiday and nothing to do with me, the response was a verbal shrug of the shoulders and tough live with it. after a bit of demanding a proper explanation the amount was reduced by £5.oo and im now in credit again waiting for my next "payment holiday"
                      a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Two Sheds - they must have heard us, we just got a letter in the post advising us of the timing changes!
                        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

If the charges are going to affect you and you're out of contract, the best deal I've found (as I'm switching) is the post office one. There's no minimum term and £12 a month gets you all inclusive calls evening and weekend calls (even to 0845 and that pesky 0870). There's also free weekend calls to their top 40 countries.

BT are very expensive just for their brand name. (and their service was appalling when I was with them!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X