bread pan

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bread pan

I've just ordered myself a cast iron bread pan https://www.netherton-foundry.co.uk/...small-loaf-tin which is a much better shape than regular bread tins. been watching a US modern homesteader using one for her sourdough and thought it looked interesting. Had a search round for one, really liked the shape of this one, and, very unusually for me, bought it on impulse. I don't usually use bread tins because the shape is so narrow, I either use the breadmaker or make a free-standing loaf.

I've bought nothing but groceries, occasional gifts, and a few gardening sundries for 2 years, so gosh! I'm all excited now! Little things please little minds...
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

I bought their bread cloche. Absolutely fantastic. Not cheap, but I'm really pleased. So much lighter than similar items and unbreakable, unlike ceramic ones. I hope you're as happy with your bread pan as I am with my cloche. Nice people to do business with, too.

I really wanted some of their bread pans too but couldn't afford them at the time. A shame as it's proving difficult for me to now buy things from the UK. Either they don't arrive or the tax and handling fees are so high it's prohibitive.

Edited: I've had a look at the link. My cloche is spun iron, so much lighter than cast iron. Not sure what your bread pan is. Either way, it looks a beauty. Great shape.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-01-2022, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I do like that mothhawk but I'll be sticking with my old Hovis bread tins.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Snoop, I would love a baking cloche, but alas my pockets are not deep enough to justify the cost when I may only use it occasionally. Good to know they are a nice company to deal with though, you can never be sure when you choose a random supplier with no recommendation, so thanks.
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Snoop, I would love a baking cloche, but alas my pockets are not deep enough to justify the cost when I may only use it occasionally.
          For what it is, it was expensive, you're right.

Comment

First loaf out of the pan. turned out well

Click image for larger version  Name:	bread pan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	392.6 KB ID:	2541464
            Last edited by mothhawk; 19-02-2022, 08:13 AM.
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Nice looking loaf
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Looks lovely MH
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That looks really nice ,

Comment

Right….all over to mothhawk’s then for a picnic!

Comment

Yay count me in,bags I the crust ,says LD as she eyes up the ginger preserve to top it off
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

You are making me hungry. It looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Right….all over to mothhawk’s then for a picnic!
                          It'll have to be an indoor one - it's chucking it down here now!

Endless wonder.

Comment

I’ll bring the sunshine - we have some spare….

Comment

That's a proper beauty, mothhawk. Lovely shape. Also interesting, as I expected the crust around the part in the tin to come out darker.

Now what am I going to do...? I suppose they could export. The only problem is it would cost me an arm and a leg to import now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X