Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a long pause. Everybody knew the brooch and they knew it was associated with someone, but none of them could remember who. It was as if their memories had been wiped, like in a typical kind of Christmassy sci-fi film. Try as they might, they couldn't quite remember who.

"Perhaps it'll come back to us later", Rary said, used to the vagaries of memory.

"Maybe", mothhawk said, doubtfully.

"Anyway", said Greenishfing, "Why don't we compare this brooch with your map, Rary? See if the match up in any way."

"Apart from the skewwhiff cross, I don't see any similarities", Rary replied as he handed the map to Nicos.

Now this is odd, Nicos thought. The map reminded Rary of this garden and this one reminds me of mine. ·"Who's been mapping our gardens?", she said aloud...

Comment

• “NORAD maybe?????….marking all the gardens of the people who had been good? Or perhaps….”…..
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And again, she couldn't quite find the name. It was there, on the tip of her tongue, she was sure.

Everyone was starting to become alarmed. The Gardeners Rest was known for its ups and downs, adventures and misadventures. But this... well, this was becoming a bit disturbing.

"How about another G&T?", mothhawk said, more in hope than expectation of raising people's moods.

"I don't think Snoop had better have another one of those", Rary replied. "She's maudlin enough as it is."

"A cup of tea", said Greenishfing. "That's what we need. A good brew and then we'll be able to put things to right."

Nick wasn't so sure. His knees were knocking and that was a sure sign something was wrong...

Comment

• Greenishfing, listening to the knocking of Nick's knees, was already beginning to doubt the efficacy of a cup of tea. She doubted it would be potent enough but the kettle was coming to the boil and she suddenly remembered she'd seen a packet labelled "Special Tea- emergency use only" in the back of the cupboard.

Deciding that this was an emergency, Nick's knees were on the verge of setting off an earthquake after all.... she spooned the tea into the big teapot and added the boiled water.

Everyone gulped it down. It did taste a bit weird but....
          Last edited by greenishfing; 25-12-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• …..suddenly the silver sixpence dropped ( not ‘the penny’ cos it’s Xmas after all)

They were all suddenly capable of reading Klingon

Those skewwiff crosses weren’t in fact crosses but Klingon code.

They were ‘supposed to be’ mistaken for stars which sat on top of what were ‘supposed to’ look like skewwiff Xmas trees .

They’d all mistaken them - they’d all been taken in, but oh no - Mr Snoop hadn’t- he’d tried to warn everyone with his Tarta de Santiago decoration.We’d all chuckled at his wonky tree but it really had been a Klingon weapon.

Those wonky red crosses were landing destinations for scout ships
            Captain Kirk had to be warned…and fast!

Everyone legged back to the Tardis…even Rary who had mastered adapting his gait accordingly and Nick too getting all tangled up in his laddered fishnets…..
            Last edited by Nicos; 26-12-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Bones…who had been keeping very quiet until now…called out “I know where to find him! but this also calls for Captn Jean-Luc Picard too!”
              Clambering into the Tardis wasn’t a particularly easy job because someone had smothered it in festive bunting but Snadger was at hand with his favourite secateurs….

Comment

• “Follow me”, called Snadge in his best Dothraki - but no-one seemed to understand
                “chut!”, he called out in Klingon ….and everyone followed….

Comment

• “Lottie! So that’s where you’ve been!” , they called out.
                  She’d set up an enormous festive buffet inside the Tardis….

Comment

• "Who's going to drive?" asked Snadger. "Autopilot on", answered the Tardis.

Greenishfing was the last aboard due to the weight of her overstuffed handbag. "Something for every eventuality", she murmured.

The door closed and ......

Comment

• …pulling out a length of string …..

Comment

• ... there was a terrific rumbling sound. Nicos had only had one breakfast not the two she normally had (she claimed she was a hobbit) but in fact ...
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

• it was the noise of a Klingon Bird-of-Prey decloaking right above them.

Of course, it took them all aback. You can't hear noise in space, so they'd never heard it before on Star Trek. But as they were still in Earth's atmosphere, well the racket was colossal.

"Ooer", said Nicos.

"Ooer", said everyone else including the Tardis...

Comment

• Wait, wait said rary, ask them for a lift, just don't offer to pay them for the lift! it won't go down well with....... me if we have to pay to get a lift to....
                            Last edited by rary; 26-12-2021, 02:30 PM.
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ....at which point everyone went silent.
                              Several klingons entered the tardis and in very gutteral English , asking very politely, if they could possibly sample some of greenishfings Xmas pudding . It was Universally renound and highly spoken of in far off planets.....

Comment

• "You need brandy cream or rum sauce" said Snoop. I'll make some. She went into the kitchen and pondered......poison the sauce and cream or make the best brandy cream and sauce ever to grace a Christmas pudding...... What to do?........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X