X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Testing is different here in the UK Snoop, news cars have their first test at 3 years after that its yearly, hope your car passes today with flying colours.

Rain here today so I'm glad I did the Grory hop yesterday afternoon, plus the supermarket is less busy on Wednesdays.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning Snoop
    Ah I see re YH, excellent having and extra pair of hands and good for him. Send him here next please .
    Good luck with test.
    I slept in this mornig and somehow feel worse for it
    Would love a cuppa tea.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Yes, GF. Amazing is the word.

Sun is just coming up and it's going to be bright all day, apparently. Just a touch of frost out on the drive but 2 ºC at the corral gate. So warming up.

Mr Snoop is taking one of the cars for its ITV today. Fingers crossed. He's been using to shift big lumps of stone and bales of hay these last couple of days. We keep talking about not needing it, but it does jobs neither of the other cars are really suitable for. After these last few days, looks like we'll be keeping it.

Beautiful Mrs Blackbird out in the corral at the moment. I can't see her very well, though. The window is a disgrace, but we keep it that way to stop the birds flying into it. They're not used to glass out in the sticks.

Right, I've made a big pot of tea if anyone fancies a cup. It's the tea pot from the Gardener's Rest, so it never goes cold. Help yourselves.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning all.

The sun peeped out for a short while earlier but things are back to normal now. We still have lots of standing water around too. The soil is very boggy.

Mr GF asked me to order him some CDs of seventies hits on Sunday. He saw it in the newspaper. It has just arrived. I'd completely forgotten about such daft songs as "Ernie (the fastest milkman in the West)" by Benny Hill and "I've got a brand new combined harvester" by the Wurzels. I also got a parcel from one of my nieces with some sachets of protein powder as I was telling her mother, my sister that Mr GF's favourite food is tomato soup but I feel quite guilty giving it to him as it really is such a low protein meal. I'll get him to try the different flavours that she's sent.

Nicos, I hope Mr Nicos heals quickly. Mr GF had surgery on his hand a few years ago (Bank Holiday emergency clinic for DIYers) when he attempted to amputate his index finger with a circular saw. You would never even know now.

​​​​​​​Snoop, your YH sounds amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    [QUOTE=Containergardener;n2576390]Who is this YH snoop?

Young helper. Sorry, abbreviated from yesterday to save writing it out every time. Son of friends, waiting to go to university and filling in time by working to save money for when he gets there and a bit of travelling before. Son of friends. We know him well, since he was born in fact. He's grown into fantastic young man.

Yes, Nicos, he's doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has split some big logs for me. But there's a fair amount of standing around as well. Just as well it's sunny and not last week's weather, a very strong cold wind.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X