X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Evening all.

The day has disappeared and I have next to nothing to show for it. Went for a little lie-down this afternoon after some gardening exertions and walking the dogs. Woke up four hours later! Must have needed it but even so, I could have done with doing some productive stuff too.

Anyway, thought I'd best drop in and see how you're all doing. Say hello and all. Hope the smiles found you safe and well.

Catch you all tomorrow. Have a lovely evening.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    afternoon,i am well pleased with myself having done a few bits,the worse part is trying to thread the machine needle,with black cotton,i think it's my cateracts to blame,i am ready for another eye test,seems to have gone suddenly after several years just tootling along,and i do not like it,is a good job i cannot bite my plastic nails,or i would have nothing again,peeps have said all about it ,but this bird is shaking at the thought of having em done,i know,i am a ruddy wusssss,the dentist needle is not so scary,

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good afternoon.
    Rainy showers and very breezy.
    In and out like a yo yo.
    The weeks are slipping away with no real summer weather.
    My greenhouse is full of tomatoes but they are all still green.
    I hope some other peeps have the sun.

Littie, I am the same, I spend lots of time knitting and when I put it down I cant seem yo go back to it.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    happy midday all,we keep having a bit of rain,sun and grey,at least is a bit cooler,have made the effort in my den,actually tydied up,and organized,for a short while at least,so once i changed the needle i can start,why does it take us so long to engage with something,the wool craft side is having a rest for now,i seem to have lost the art off multy tasking ,have a happy day whatever you get up too

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Breezy and cool here and just 14 degs.
    Laundry is out and shopping is done.
    Out to the greenhouse to feed and water my tomatoes.
    Number one grandson is coming for lunch.
    No other plans for the day,

Thanks for the offer of breakfast Nicos, we had ours earlier.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Weeding and domestics day it is then.
    To the first bit and to the second.

Whatever you are up to today….enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

I was just looking out of our bedroom window and thought how gloomy the skies are today.
    Then I suddenly remembered that it’s new and it’s tinted!
    Yes, it’s grey out there but not as grey as I thought!

Still not decided if it’s going to be a weeding and domestics day or a camper day ….we’ll decide over breakfast no doubt.

Anyone care to join us…scrambled eggs and mushroom and a brew?

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Looking at the BBC and met office one has sunshine all day the other says rain from mid morning onwards.
    Think I'll go with the sunny BBC today

Nicos we thought the late frost had killed the Apple blossom but it looks like we've going to have a bumper harvest. Not like last years 5 apples between 2 trees.

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Just picked a pile more cherries for freezing.
    All this rain and they are starting to split. Frustratingly they’re not properly black yet though - but I’m not complaining as there are loads and I thought the frost had zapped all the blossom, so they are a bonus.
    Not as super sweet as they could be but still very edible. Yum yum

Any one fancy a brew?
    I fancy several cakes or biscuits with it too….

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Afternoon all,it might look dull,but is still to warm for comfort out there,had a walk to the market,have been tempted to buy fabric,so now got two more dresses to run up,plus a bit of a plain colour to lengthen a one i purchased,do not feel comfey in it when bending down,i have another few weeks till my hols,weather supposed to be ok,but time will tell,some memories are so good nicos,it was not only the smells,but the sounds meeting and chatting to people,on the Saturday night theywas usually a place to gather,for some kind of so called musical evening in the beer tent,not often our cup of tea,but the sounds gave a good atmosphere,Snoop,MR Mole must have heard you,sounds very obedient if he moving on ,a relief toget work out the way eh,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yrselfes,
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 24-06-2022, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all

Is that Snoop I can hear pottering around outside with a watering can?
    Not me. We had an absolute downpour last night (flattened my winter brassica seedlings...). Only pea-sized hail so the other plants were OK. Got to count my blessings. Anyway, no need to water today.

Maybe it was the smiles you heard. I got up very early today and they set off about the same time. Got up early because I was woken by one of the cats. It was so chilly she was determined to get under the quilt and then padded up and down on one of my arms. I felt like a pincushion. Not what you want at 5.30 in the morning. Still, as Mr Snoop says, we'll be sorry when she's gone. Going on 17 this year. She's the last of the cats we brought with us when we came here.

Getting up early was useful, though, as I finished a huge job and sent it off, only to realise that today is a public holiday here, so nobody in the office to receive it. Still, at least it's out the way. But plenty more to do. Good to get some more done and then do a bit of gardening at the weekend. The beds are too soft to do anything with today. Oh, the mole has moved slightly and is now throwing up a mound on one of the paths. So no probs. Fingers crossed it keeps going along the path rather than into another bed.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

A change in the weather its much cooler I'm wearing a jumper still in shorts though.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Time for a brew anyone?
    Looks like we’re in for mixed weather over the next few days so it’s going to be ideal for playing around in the potagers and flower borders .
    Cant believe it’s almost weekend again. The weeks are flying by
    Having said that, the weeks might be flying by but as I’m only having 800 very healthy calories a day on this diet the days are dragging between meals But it’s working so I’ll keep it up for a few more weeks.

Lottie - you have brought back many happy memories for me too. We used to go to Steam Fairs with the children when they were younger. I can still smell the events in my mind ( if you know what I mean!)
    We also regularly visited the Science and Industry Museum in Manchester which is fascinating if you are into steam power.

Right…I best shake a leg!
    Lots of stuff to do today. With any luck I might give myself the day off tomorrow ( Yeh…some chance unless we go out in the camper - hmmmm….now that’s an idea!)

Enjoy your day peeps.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Is that Snoop I can hear pottering around outside with a watering can?

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I’ve just seen the other thread about problems logging in and I’ve sent a pm to Admin.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X