X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Happy Good Friday to you, anything nice planned?
    Mum has an eye test appt so needs the chauffeur(me). Whether I call in and get some compost will depend how busy everywhere is.
    Site seems really slow at the moment, or is it just me?
    Last edited by Containergardener; Today, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Evening .
    weather got out OK today though I missed it as I went shopping, how busy!!! I forgot about that
    Will have a read back now.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon, it sounds like Frank gave you the runaround Flo, it sounds funny sat here reading but it must have been frustrating for you both.

We’re having our borrowed dog here to stay the weekend after next. Be nice to have him again I do miss having a dog at times but don’t want the commitment.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; Yesterday, 05:29 PM. Reason: My phone added to my message for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Sunny now! Just had quite the pantomime with Frank. Imagine a ginger Tom cat sitting on the fence, Frank barking his head off, me shouting "sweeties Frank sweeties" and Himself trying to chase him away from the cat. This went on for a good 15 minutes. We'd just got him in when the Grory Hop arrived so he set off barking again and we had to barricade him at the bottom of the stairs to stop him trying to harass the delivery man. Oh for some peace and quiet. I'm hoping he's tired himself out now - he's certainly tired out me and Himself!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Extremely stormy weather here in Malaga.
    We had it all day yesterday but its rainy with it today.
    However, the temp is still showing 18 degs.

Interesting about light saving time Mothhawk.
    Like Nicos said, there was uproar about changing it due to dark mornings for school kids .

Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all
    We have the sun but it’s crazily windy! Perfect kite flying weather. My little plastic () windmills ( the sort kids use on the beach but I’m using as bird scarers) are whizzing around like bonkers. Makes me think of mini wind turbines

We’ve decided to go out in the camper today. There’s a beautiful paragliding spot we like but it’s often difficult to park because of their vehicles. They won’t be jumping in this wind! I guess we’ll park up well away from the edge

Interesting info there MH. It doesn’t really bother me personally either way. I seem to recall there was an outcry when I was a schoolchild when the uk clocks didn’t change. Something about the dark mornings being very dangerous for school children. Given that young children don’t seem to walk alone or get lifts to school these days, I doubt that aspect applies to such an extent.
    I recall that trial….

Enjoy your day peeps - hope you’ve got enough fresh and chocolate eggs in to see you over the weekend?

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning, it’s dull, very windy with rain on way. Where has spring gone?!!
    Treatment went ahead yesterday as I had no temperature and blood pressure was fine so I was pleased with that! My cold has now developed into a dry cough as has my daughters. Must be the way of this one but so annoying.
    Anyhoo I’m thinking of doing not a lot today we will see how that goes.
    Enjoy your day everyone and will catch you later x

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning.

It was raining heavily earlier, but the sun is now shining and it's 6°C. No more rain forecast until this afternoon.

I've had a rubbish night's sleep. I just kept waking up for no reason.

My doctor's surgery are making amazing improvements. I called round to see my brother in law yesterday afternoon. I knew he had said he was ringing them that morning. I asked if he'd made an appointment and needed taking. He has very limited mobility and is registered blind. Evidently he'd rung at 8am and by ten he'd had a home visit and had antibiotics prescribed which the chemist were delivering.

I haven't had my morning dose of coffee yet so I'm heading to the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Grey but warm start to the day. After the very hard frost yesterday, the low last night was 9 ºC. Due to be back to frosts for the next few nights.

Off out again for lunch today. My favourite place. Nice everything and no scratchy bowls. There's a fashion in fancy restaurants here for different styles of crockery for every course. My pudding at lunch yesterday was pineapple tartare (diced pineapple) with coconut ice cream. It came in a bowl with a pitted glaze. Half my pudding (a tiny portion to start with) ended up in the pits and it was impossible to extract it without making a horrible noise with my spoon. Ghastly for washing up too. Anyway, I won't be going there again out of choice. Trouble is, M likes to go there when he wants to impress a guest. I think I'll pass next time.

Right, that's that rant over. And on with the day. In the time it's taken me to write that, the rain has started. And the temperature has dropped quite considerably. Time for the range to get lit, I reckon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

I'm sharing your weather Flo, its not nice at all out there but then I've only been as far at the gate and GH in my PJ's.

That's interesting about daylight saving MH, and the amount of countries that have opted out.

Both Robins are popping in and out carrying food

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

As the clocks go forward on saturday night, I've been looking to see which countries still use daylight saving. It's fascinating. There used to be 140+ countries using it, but now there are only about 70, with 49 of those being in Europe. In the US, Arizona and Hawaii don't bother, likewise in Canada the Yukon, Nunavut and Saskatchewan and some odd bits of Quebec and Ontario don't change. Only Chile and Paraguay do it in S. America, and only the south-east of Australia change clocks. Egypt changes, but the rest of Africa and all of Asia doesn't.

The EU want to stop doing it, but of course need a proper detailed assessment of the impact, which knowing committees in general, will probably take another ten years, then a few more in deciding how to implement any decision they make.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Raining and cold here. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Everyone is looking rather snazzy in the run up to Easter!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Afternoon

Did the Grory hop a bit earlier than we usually do and what a difference the store was as full as a Thursday used to be. Maybe it was the time or probably with it being Easter.

Your hair looks nice GF.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Afternoon!
    I finally gave in and have made some oat , apple and peanut butter biscuits and a quiche ( for the freezer) and just about to make some lemon curd for Easter.
    OH is making me some Irish Soda bread and some beer bread using some of his home brew.
    The sun has finally decided to grace us with its presence but we’re otherwise occupied now!

Might go out in the camper tomorrow - it’s supposed to be better weather.
    Imanaged to get some paperwork out of the way earlier. Always feels good to get that sorted doesn’t it?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X