X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    A beautiful sunny morning here.
    Off fo church shortly and then grandson is coming for lunch.
    After that the day is mine to do what I wish.

GF, what a lovely pic of you and your grandad , a real treasure,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good day all,i love the old pictures,they seem to tell a better story than todays,how nice to share them,it is good to bring the lovely treasures of yesteryear to the front again,the heat is on the rise again,i have been taken over with my project,must get back on the sewing machine next week,more bags to create,nearly my holidays,so better get them dresses shortened,and get things together,i have lost track of everything doing my project,but it is doing me good to relax and loose myself for a while,the garden could do with a bit of a tidy and weed pulling,now isnt that funny,them things ALWAYS manage to grow,the few beans i sowed some have come up,so hope to get them in the poly before i go away,the thing they call time is getting faster by the day,suddenly not enough hours in the week,never mind a day,anyhow stay safe and be good,and have a lovely afternoon,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Soda bread is great fried Nicos

ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

• Oooo Nick are you teasing her ,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
            Soda bread is great fried Nicos

Buttered both sides first presumably?…maybe with a dribble of maple syrup and a couple of rashers of streaky bacon?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Now,i was careful NOT to mention that last word, as i know it upsets you HEHEHE

Comment

• ^^^^

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I woke up to the sound of a woodpecker this morning!…how wonderful is that?

Mrs Mop and gardening for me today. It’s hotting up later this week so I want to do a bit of tidying up in the sunny, exposed areas whilst I can. OH said we have lots of blackberries ready for picking , so that’s also on the list.

We seem to be getting an awful lot of windfall apples . Are other people noticing that too?

Lottie - you sound so competent with your sewing machine - I do envy your skill. I do use mine from time to time but my efforts aren’t up to a Blue Peter badge standard

We too hear a donkey from a nearby field Bren. Poor thing lives alone. The owners use it to carry picnics for tourist walks along the wooded river valley, so at least during the day it goes out on ‘adventures’

Bramble - it must be lovely to enjoy a Sunday lunch with your grandson. When he’s older he’ll have fond memories of that.

Must get that kettle on - I’m parched!
                  Last edited by Nicos; 08-08-2022, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

At the moment I am sitting here listening to the exceedingly annoying music on our doctor's ansaphone. ... I am number 7 in the queue. Wow, I joined at number 12. Better than last weeks forty something. It is non-urgent, I just need a couple of prescription items (not on repeat) for my husband.....number 5 now.

I need to get in touch with my mechanic as well this week, time for the MOT.

Comment

• Morning all,

Just waiting for shopping to be delivered. Ordered the ingredients to make Irish bread, cant wait! Nothing planned for today, just resting and washing other half work clothes,

Have a good day
                      Carrie

Comment

• Morning all.

Lots of admin type jobs here too so far. Watering still to do, then paid work, then a bit more cooking to fill freezer with ready meals. There, that was short and sweet for once.

The smiles got bored while I was waiting for online bank people to answer the phone. Sounds like they're quicker than health clinics, though. Anyway, they shot off in a jolly hurry. Probably way past northern France already, unless they've stopped to inspect the blackberries. They're all shrivelled here, nothing worth picking at all. Just as well the bees enjoyed the flowers, at least.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Back again. Prescription issues sorted and items should be ready to collect from the chemist's.

I've been in touch with my friend the mechanic, whose trousers I shortened last week, and he's going to ring me when he has a quiet spell to take the car down and be MOTed. Fingers crossed that it passes🤞.He's only about 5 minutes away.

So, all in all, a positive start to the day.

Time for more coffee I think.

Comment

• Good morning all from a lovely sunny Dublin.
                            The plants in the greenhouse are watered, the laundry is out in the breeze and I am off to the park.
                            Lots of blackberries being picked here as well so jam making time is getting near.

Nicos, I havnt heard a woodpecker in years, you're very lucky,
                            Grandson who comes for lunch every Sunday is 31, he is number 1 grandson.
                            I have 3, next one is 16 and little guy is 4.

Snoop, the smiles came by but didnt stay long, I think they went off to brighten up someone elses day.

Happy Monday all whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

My blackberries are just starting to ripen, soon the apples will be ready then I'll be another one making jam. I won't go overboard this time

enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• MOT for another year. Yippee! .....Why did predictive text keep trying to change Yippee to tipper????? ....and now wants to change tipper to Ripper?????

I think it's time I checked out the blackberries too and I'll stock up on sugar at the supermarket tomorrow. Mr GF loves bramble jelly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X