Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks possible. Bit of a detour from here to there and then up to you, but who knows. They have minds of their own. I hope if it was there they only took one between them. Would have left a bit of a sunny gap otherwise.

Nice article, by the way.

Comment

• Afternoon all,have a had a lovely time with DL&Gdaughter,we been shopping for holiday clothes,i got some very different things to what i normaly go for,i am imformed by the GD,they are a playsuit,would not go out in them,but will be so comfey in the hot weather,never had so many new clothes in one season,but a new me,deserves a new look ,no gardening today,it sounds like them smiles are practasing their mary popins act,nice pics Nicos,bet them trees with blue flowers are a sight to be hold,has the mole gone back underground Snoop,not heard you mention him today
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 02-07-2022, 04:56 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        ,has themole gone bck undergound Snoop,not heard you mention him today
        Frankie had a bit of a dig in a mound yesterday. He could hear or see something that I couldn't. However, I'm guessing from the writhing of the soil it wasn't the mole but a scolopendra (don't look it up if you don't like insects...). I managed to get him and one of the dogs who was also interested out the way. If the mole tried to eat the scolopendra, the mole is a gonner. The venom is extremely painful. No new mounds in the vicinity today.

I think I must be the only local scolopendra predator. Me and my garden shears, that is.

As for the playsuit, you might find plenty of people wearing them when you're away. My sister-in-law bought my mum a 'onesie'. Sounds to me just like pyjamas, but she and my SIL wear them as ordinary daywear around the house.

I'll tell the smiles about Mary Poppins when they get back. They'll love that.

Glad you're having a good time, LD.

Comment

• hahaha snoop,lets hope hope the mole is no more,mine are shorts with a strapless top on,i have tested em out,i can stretch without incident LOL,all i want now is a new arm to hang onto ,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Somewhere like here?

( look at the 6th photo! )

https://www-architecturaldigest-com....-the-world/amp
            Nicos, we have a street full of umbrellas in Dublin.
            Unfortunately it's not to keep us cool but to protect us from the rain.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Gite cleaning followed by pizza making - and munching - today.
              If there is time, I’d like to try and do a tad more gardening.

One onesie sounds interesting lottie..I’m off to do a gooogle of them!

Anyone fancy a brew?
              I do, so I’ll make us all one.

Have to say that I miss my morning brews with Flo - she’s hardly been on here since her daughter died.
              Sending lots of positive vibes to Flo..

Come on me…shake a leg with that brew ….
              Enjoy your day peeps. Looks like we are hogging the sun at the moment.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Ah...more tea, Nicos, lovely, thanks.

Hope Flo gets her mojo back and starts chatting to us again soon.

Planning on just roast vegetables for lunch today, followed by Mary B's toffee & pecan roulade, then a lazy afternoon doing nothing much
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a fine-ish day here laundry is on the line, toms and cucs have been fed and I've had bacon, eggs. mushrooms and oatcakes.
                  More tea would be nice

Enjoy your Sunday.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Am waiting for the seep hose watering session to finish and then I'll go and get the car. Had a great night with the neighbours down the valley, and though I didn't drink that much at all, I decided not to drive back. But, we've storms and hail forecast for today, so will go and bring it home to cover up against windscreen damage.

And then it's on with the paid work. Such fun...

I suspect you'll be getting a special visit from the smiles, LD. They very much enjoyed your comment about stretching without incident.

Big hugs from me too to Flo. And to Rary.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone (she says, just checking to make sure that yes, it is indeed Sunday).

Comment

• Good morning all,
                      Thank you Snoop,smiles are great,hope you get your car recoverd,and coverd up before any hail,thinking of Flo and family,also Bramble and Rary,see you all later,of to see what i feel like doing,got plenty to choose from ,

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Not the best start to the day weathereise but we have our fingers crossed.
                        My grandson will be 4 tomorrow so the party is happening todaul

Nicos, thanks for the offer of tea but I have already had there cups.

Keeping Flo and Rary in my thoughts.

Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Not seen Snadge for a while - hope he’s ok too.

Comment

• Just about to light the pizza oven and it’s started to drizzle
                            Never mind - we can hide under the parasol - it’s still nice and warm with no wind.

Enjoy the party bramble - I hope there’s lots of cake? Did you make it? Bet it smells lovely. Bet it looks yummy. Bet it tastes Devine

* drools at the very thought ( says she who has had no breakfast in preparation of having a slice of pizza having had a strict 800 calories a day for the past 3 weeks)

And yes - I’ve lost a stone - yip yip!

Enjoy your day peeps- I certainly will!

Comment

• Well done you Nicos yip yip indeed,night night sleep tight

Comment

• Good night all.
                                Had a lovely time at my grandsons party.
                                Nicos, the latest craze is Octonauts so his mam made an Octonauts cake.
                                Lots of goodies both sweet and savoury.
                                A nice cheeseboard and some wine to finish.
                                The only thing we missed was sunshine but at least it didnt rain.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X