This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

Grory hop was quick and bought just what was on list, mostly because nothing caught my eye in Aldi’s isle of wonder.

Enjoy playing with your grandson Bramble they’re lovely at that age

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good night all.
      Not alot done in the garden other than watering my greenhouse plants.

Yes Bren, just the best age for playing, so innocent and easily amused.
      We had a lovely evening with our grandson.
      We re aware that we are older grand parents so trying to make memories for, and with him.
      All our other grandchildren are grown up, he came s a wonderful surprise and we treasure him.

Anyway, goodnight and sleep well peeps.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

we managed to finish the small herb border yesterday just before a rather brief thunderstorm passed overhead.
        It just needs a few annuals now to fill in the gaps.

On to another border today!

Just realised!…it’s the first of July

Enjoy your day peeps - see you later!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time yesterday evening, Bramble. Love and loving memories, two really important things.

Busy start to the day and another busy rest of the day ahead of me. Really must find some time to do some planting out this weekend. My next round of sweetcorn is getting a bit tall and, worse, skinny in their modules.

Didn't bother counting the melons today (but there are more than yesterday), just admired the squash plants instead. They're rampaging over the field. Definitely a few female flowers that look like they'll open in the next day or so. At that rate, we might get a second flush of fruit later on. Grand news. The courgettes, much to my surprise, aren't being very prolific. Just as well I've got more plants in modules, also ready to go out.

And the Charlottes are looking ready, a few new tatties just poking above the surface that I covered over. In fact, it's quite possible that some them are trying to grow, as I've spotted some new, very green haulms. Not sure what to do about that - furtle for others and leave them to grow on or lift the whole lot... I have to say, this year has been my easiest potato-growing year yet. Haven't grown that many (20 or so seed potatoes), but piling well-rotted muck on and growing them the no-dig way has been extremely easy.

As you might imagine, the sight of new potatoes had the smiles in a jolly tizz. They set off in a right good mood. Leaving me feeling a bit fed up, to be honest, at how comes I'm overloaded with work again (not my fault this time). I am resolved to make enquiries about early retirement.

Right, better get my head down and fingers clacking. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Plenty of overnight rain here enough to top my water butts up, and give the garden a good soaking.

Snoop my courgettes aren't doing very well this year either out of 7 plants only one seems to be doing anything, usually by this time i've pick a fair few but nothing yet..

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Just a quick pop in, as I am on my way to the dentist.
              When I get this out of the way I can get on with the day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,is lovely bramble making good memories,you sound run of your feet snoop,sounds like nicos has been busy as well,it seems a mixed year for things growing,i wonder if we need to sow later than norm,son knows several peeps who had several sowings,so weird,i had better go and look in the tunnel,have a good afternoon all
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here I'll be doing some seeds sowing in the GH but that will be about it for gardening today.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

Warm here and due to get hotter. Productive start to the day: only one courgette pollinated but ten butternuts. Couldn't believe it. Plus there are lots of other female flowers that look like they'll open in a day or two. I've got five plants. Last year I sowed direct in May, this year I started them off in modules in early April. The weather conditions haven't been that good for them this year so far, so I reckon it's the earlier start that has made all the difference. Will do this again in future even though it's a bit of a nuisance, carrying them in at night and then back out in the morning. Might also grow them in the same bed, as they can spread far and wide without interfering too much with other plants.

The smiles were a bit sad at seeing me pick nearly all the open male flowers for pollination purposes. But they soon cheered up when they spotted quite a few Charlottes exposed on watering. A fair size for new potatoes, but could go a bit longer. Will cover up with more compost.

Masses to do again today. Hoping to go into town to do a bit of shopping. Wouldn't exactly call it a grory hop though. If I didn't need eggs to make a cake for some friends, I wouldn't bother.

Have a great day everyone. Hope the smiles find you on good form.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sorry - looks like I’ve been allocated the ‘sunny and warm with a slight breeze’ weather today.
                      Absolutely perfect gardening weather!
                      Good job as we’ve loads to do.
                      I also hope to bake a cake today. We have friends coming over tomorrow lunchtime for a pizza and I thought a nice piece of Italian almond cake with vanilla ice cream might just finish off the meal . Not sure if they like almond so I need to check. I need to use up more of the 50 eggs we seem to have collected
                      You should pop over to my place Snoop .
                      Maybe plan B could be a crème caramel….will need to put a thinking cap on!

The smiles dropped in here much earlier. By heck can they chatter between themselves

Brew time over ….best crack on!
                      Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        It's a very wet morning here so no gardening for me today,.
                        I have just had a phone call from my daughter in law.
                        She has pulled a muscle in her back and needs to lie down.
                        So, I will be on child minding duty today.

Snoop, the smiles gave me a misx this morning, too wet for them.

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• The way they were nattering and giggling bramble, it wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t paying attention to their route !

Comment

• Having said that , in their defence, it’s jolly difficult to hold up a brolly when it’s wet and windy…and adding flying to the equation…..

Comment

• You know things about the smiles that I have no idea about. Wonder where they got the brolly? Hope they didn't pinch it. They can be quite naughty at times.

Comment

• Somewhere like here?

( look at the 6th photo! )

https://www-architecturaldigest-com....-the-world/amp
                                Last edited by Nicos; 02-07-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X