• Show
Clear All

• Here are some reviews gf…

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras...-b1820447.html
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

GF, that sounded like a very stressful day.
      Glad our life is returning to normal.

We are out go lunch today with my husbands brothers and their wives.
      With the pandemic its been a few years since we all met up.

Not a great day, dull and overcast again.

Bren, I took have blackberries in the freezer so need to get my act together and make some jam.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        Snoop you have just reminded me I need to go buy some decaffeinated teabags for Mr GF (on Dr's recommendation). Anyone got any recommendations for a tasty one?
        I used to quite like Sainsbury's. Not expensive either.

Comment

• Only ever drink Yorkshire De-caff tea…the best I think.
          sigpic

Comment

• afternoon all,hot hot again,jay thats what i used to get for MR,no idea myself as i do not drink the stuff eeeuck,had a bit of a kip ,feel better for it,got some done in the poly,put plants in,and wondered hat was up with them,then realized i had done the wrong ones,so come for a rest the back time,then will swap over,i have also put differing marigolds in between,if sleep calls snoop,it s for a reason,i have no choice,as i often just drop of in the chair,wish it would happen at night time lol,must be my age catching up,oh wait a mo,is only a no in my head,but tell my body please,at last the out door squasges are started to move,i am so behind,at least i should get something,better than nothing eh
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I think we have to be patient, you and me, LD, and see this year as in part productive but in part preparation.
              The friend down the valley dropped in to see me today and he was saying that his veg patch isn't what he hoped for and mine is the same for me. He's pretty well starting the whole of his from scratch and I've got a big new section down in the fields, some of which looks pitiful. But it is what it is. Can't do everything all at once. It's not like we started the year with everything in place. Me, I'm doing what I can and trying not to stress too much about it.

Totally agree: something is better than nothing.

And totally agree about naps: when you've got to have one, you've got to have one.

Comment

• I am so happy that the hearing aid man has stopped Mr GF's hearing aids whistling and giving off the highest pitched annoying squeaks. They now work quietly and do their job.

We went into a "big" supermarket to get some decaffeinated tea. In the end I let Mr GF pick his own. He picked the decaf version of what he normally drinks (PG tips). I am not going to argue as I drink a cup of tea maybe once a month. He has now had 2 cups and is happy, but I just got him a small box so he can try all the alternatives in turn.

I also got hIm a small jar of decaf douwe egberts instant coffee to take to the allotment as that is his favourite hot brew there. I must also start freezing bottles of water though to take to the allotment on hot days...what our Mallorcan friends used to call a Mallorcan fridge......stick the frozen water bottles in a cool box/bag with food and take them out one at a time and drink through the day, as coca cola and other drinks containing caffeine are now off the menu for him.
                Last edited by greenishfing; 29-06-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Hurray GF,gettin his nibs sorted out,sometimes my aids make screeching noise,if i got em loud and a hand is near,or if they decide to pop out a bit,but all he time,not as bad my handbag,i got little cat type bells on it,got from a police stand a fw year ago,does not bother me,but some peeps do comment on it,like santas comming,forgive my words nicos,so they must work ,hope we can have a better nights sleep ladies that missed out last night
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mmmmm, just popped in to mention that while I was in the "big" supermarket getting the decaff tea and coffee, some (3 packs) of one of my favourite soft blue cheeses jumped into my basket and I can now, after an enjoyable supper, practically feel the pounds piling on😋🤫🥺😭. Oh dear, I will probably have to go and buy a different pack of teabags for Mr GF to try next week and I have a sneaky suspicion that more of this cheese will jump into my basket again.😀

I must also admit that I actually chose to use the do it yourself checkouts as well🤯, after seeing the queues at the manned ones, and didn't have any problems for once. This is a day I didn't believe that I would ever see😀.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 29-06-2022, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Did someone just mention Santa?…yipppeeee!
                      I’m not ready for it quite yet but the nights are drawing in folks…….not long now!

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning I've got my list ready then I'll be in the garden lots of little things need doing.

enjoy our day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Domestics and gardening got me today depending on whether it’s raining or not!

I’ve decided to turn a rather unruly narrow border into a herb bed. We called in at our local farm supplies shop only to find that most of their plants were half price! So we came away with several decent sized sage and thyme plants - along with lavender and several bedding plants for the rest of the tubs. It’s going to be quiet a transformation

I need to do a quick grory hop too Bren. Frustratingly it’s back in the same shop we called in at yesterday

Quick brew then I need to get a wiggle on….help yourselves folks!
                          Enjoy your day - whatever mischief you get up to

Comment

• Morning all.

Done all my domestic duties, so now stuck at the keyboard, with frequent breaks to go and fish the hosepipe out of one barrel (now full with any luck) and stick it in another. I don't always get the timing right - stymied by clouds that affect the solar pump, so sometimes it's quicker than others, meaning some weeds are doing extremely well from the overflow. Ah well. The bees will be happy at more flowers.

Not much news. Counted the melons again... There are lots of female flowers open today and next to no males. Lots of honeybees covered in yellow pollen in among them, though. Which cheered the smiles up no end and they too got covered in pollen. If it doesn't get washed off on the way, you might see a lot of yellow smiles fly by.

Happy grory shops, guys. And Nicos, we're more than halfway through the year, so we're closer to the next non-mentionable day than the last one.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A trip to the library this morning to return some books.
                              Collecting grandson from creche.
                              I bought him some toys for his birthday so I will give them today so he can have a chance to play with them before his party on Sunday,
                              Snoop, my cucumbers are doing the same, lots of female flowers but a bit scarce on the Male side.

Nicos, dont mention the C word, the year is flying by.

Have a good day akl,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,just a quick hello,will pop in later,enjoy the day everyone

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X