Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After noon all,has some you been kidnaped,it is quiet on here last few days,thanks for them smiles again,Snoop if you get any more you know what to try eh,must make myself do a bit in the garden,i seem to have lost some passion his year,hope it comes back,for next season,enjoy your movie Jay,but try not to burn anyting hehehe,Bren hat is house stuff ,have a lovely afternoon
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

No ironing here Jay I gave up doing that near 30 year ago and I don’t think anyone noticed, ​​​​ one of my friends used to iron socks and underwear so each to their own.

Lottie house stuff was a mix of diy and cleaning we got so much done then we went a walk it seemed a shame to be indoors when it’s nice out.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bren,i knew what you meant ,i was thinking like you about the iron,whats one of them,i do not use mine like i used to,but some things just cannot escape,my vacume thinks it been left to rot lol,i will get reintroduced to it shortly,had a nice but tiering time in the garden,so warm and muggy,had enough of bending down,tomorrow is almost spoken for,singing in the morning,then school run later,how my life has changed,for the better,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all.

Lottie, I'm probably one of the kidnapping victims. I haven't posted in here for a good few days. I've now realised that when I am angry I'm always posting but when I'm upset or worried I tend to batten down the hatches and stay quiet.

However I'm back again. Hopefully we'll get some rain tonight/tomorrow morning as it is very dry and the pollen level is very high too.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Bit late today what-Ho?…..anyone miss me?

I got up early , done a gite change over, picked blackcurrants, Jostaberries and some red currants, baked buns and cakes, Made supper, cleared up the kitchen …and collapsed in front of the TV. Then suddenly realised I’d not popped onto the Vine at all today shame on me!

Its been a typically warm English summers day here today. Very pleasant. It’s supposed to be the same tomorrow so I’m planning to spend the day working outside in the garden.

Hope everyone is ok.
            Diet weigh- in tomorrow. Not worried but it’ll be interesting….
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope things are OK, GF.

Cloudy and distinctly chilly today. Off out with the dogs in a minute while the going's good: rain forecast, though not much. Might see if anything's really desperate for a drink or just leave it if not.

Went round to see the neighbours yesterday. He's well and truly recovered from his operation and his veg patch is marvellous. Better than mine, frankly. He's in a very sheltered spot and the wind has really given some of my plants a beating. His aubergines are proper beauties and I reckon mine are pretty much the same as when I put them in the ground. The smiles cheered me up this morning, though, before heading out:soon be time to think about harvesting some potatoes.

Right, the dogs are clamouring and I've got an absolute ton of stuff to get through today, so better get a move on.

Hope you're doing OK, Rary, if you drop in and read this.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

​​​​​​Misty rain here the kind that wet you without you realising, it won't be enough to top up my rain butts.

Gardening here as well today Nicos first will be sowing a few French beans to replace some that's been eaten.

enjoy your day
                ​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  pleased with my weight loss. Not a lot but it’s in the right direction!

Need to do a bit of ironing then I’m heading off to compete in the imaginary ‘Weeder of the Year’ competition
                  I’m utterly ashamed of a couple of rather large flower and shrub borders. I may be some time…….

Enjoy your day peeps- see you later!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    The sun is shining but still very breezy,
                    I may go into town this morning, need to pick up a few bits.
                    Gardening and weeding this afternoon.
                    Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Drizzly here too since about 7am so I've been sorting through and clearing out old paperwork as my files were bulging. I'm a compulsive saver but a random filer of paperwork, so ended with a large pile to shred for compost, a heap for the recycling bin, and a few sheets only printed on one side that I'll use for trivial scribble or printing on the clean side. Plus remaining paperwork is correctly filed under proper headings. A good morning's work!

Seems to be brightening a bit now, so lunch, then a walk I think. And I may have to water the pots, as the drizzle has added nothing to them or the water butt.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all,geees it chuked it down earlier,now suns out,well done Nicos with the loss,GF nice to see you back,hope things are well,you know where we are,slowly clearing he poly tunnel of the pots extext,as i have things to plant in it,and hope for the best,if they grow good if not hard luck,that sounds a good idea Bren sowing more beans,they should be fine,in past years i have done courgettes,and had good results,nearly time for the school run,is just a temporary needs must,plus it is great being able to help

Comment

• Afternoon!

Just come indoors as I’ve given up weeding for today. Deffo made a big impression in one large area.
                          And guess what?…yup, it started raining Perfect timing

I’ve just found a few bags of gladioli bulbs hidden in a bucket still in their packets I might as well plant them
                          out and see if anything comes of them, but they look pretty desiccated to me

Good work there MH….I could do with sorting my papers/ documents out too.

Enjoy your evening peeps.

Comment

• Raining here too. And thunder and lightning. No watering tomorrow for me. And no walk for the dogs now, either.

Comment

• Afternoon

I spoke to early this morning it started raining heavy just after I posted
                              It stopped a couple of hours ago so we’ve been out walking.

Comment

• Morning all.

Dogs fed, watered and walked. Quick inspection of the veg patches to check for rain damage. Mostly OK. I tied up the toms and aubergines yesterday, so they're OK (in fact, I think they've grown several inches since yesterday morning!) but my best melon plant is looking a bit sorry for itself. I've righted it and stretched out the vines again. Fingers crossed for it, as it's got several very nice-looking Emir melons already. Big thumbs up for Emir from me (again).

The mole hasn't gone... Fortunately, the smiles had set off before I spotted the mounds, so they've gone off in a better mood than I was when I saw them. So that means at least two moles rather than one that has moved.

Anyway, it's lovely out there today. No farmers on the land anywhere after the rain, so it's really quiet apart from birds. And really cool too.

But paid work calls, so better settle down to it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X