X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all

Is that Snoop I can hear pottering around outside with a watering can?
    Not me. We had an absolute downpour last night (flattened my winter brassica seedlings...). Only pea-sized hail so the other plants were OK. Got to count my blessings. Anyway, no need to water today.

Maybe it was the smiles you heard. I got up very early today and they set off about the same time. Got up early because I was woken by one of the cats. It was so chilly she was determined to get under the quilt and then padded up and down on one of my arms. I felt like a pincushion. Not what you want at 5.30 in the morning. Still, as Mr Snoop says, we'll be sorry when she's gone. Going on 17 this year. She's the last of the cats we brought with us when we came here.

Getting up early was useful, though, as I finished a huge job and sent it off, only to realise that today is a public holiday here, so nobody in the office to receive it. Still, at least it's out the way. But plenty more to do. Good to get some more done and then do a bit of gardening at the weekend. The beds are too soft to do anything with today. Oh, the mole has moved slightly and is now throwing up a mound on one of the paths. So no probs. Fingers crossed it keeps going along the path rather than into another bed.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all,it might look dull,but is still to warm for comfort out there,had a walk to the market,have been tempted to buy fabric,so now got two more dresses to run up,plus a bit of a plain colour to lengthen a one i purchased,do not feel comfey in it when bending down,i have another few weeks till my hols,weather supposed to be ok,but time will tell,some memories are so good nicos,it was not only the smells,but the sounds meeting and chatting to people,on the Saturday night theywas usually a place to gather,for some kind of so called musical evening in the beer tent,not often our cup of tea,but the sounds gave a good atmosphere,Snoop,MR Mole must have heard you,sounds very obedient if he moving on ,a relief toget work out the way eh,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yrselfes,
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 24-06-2022, 11:31 AM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Just picked a pile more cherries for freezing.
        All this rain and they are starting to split. Frustratingly they’re not properly black yet though - but I’m not complaining as there are loads and I thought the frost had zapped all the blossom, so they are a bonus.
        Not as super sweet as they could be but still very edible. Yum yum

Any one fancy a brew?
        I fancy several cakes or biscuits with it too….
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Looking at the BBC and met office one has sunshine all day the other says rain from mid morning onwards.
          Think I'll go with the sunny BBC today

Nicos we thought the late frost had killed the Apple blossom but it looks like we've going to have a bumper harvest. Not like last years 5 apples between 2 trees.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I was just looking out of our bedroom window and thought how gloomy the skies are today.
            Then I suddenly remembered that it’s new and it’s tinted!
            Yes, it’s grey out there but not as grey as I thought!

Still not decided if it’s going to be a weeding and domestics day or a camper day ….we’ll decide over breakfast no doubt.

Anyone care to join us…scrambled eggs and mushroom and a brew?

Comment

• Weeding and domestics day it is then.
              To the first bit and to the second.

Whatever you are up to today….enjoy!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Breezy and cool here and just 14 degs.
                Laundry is out and shopping is done.
                Out to the greenhouse to feed and water my tomatoes.
                Number one grandson is coming for lunch.
                No other plans for the day,

Thanks for the offer of breakfast Nicos, we had ours earlier.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• happy midday all,we keep having a bit of rain,sun and grey,at least is a bit cooler,have made the effort in my den,actually tydied up,and organized,for a short while at least,so once i changed the needle i can start,why does it take us so long to engage with something,the wool craft side is having a rest for now,i seem to have lost the art off multy tasking ,have a happy day whatever you get up too
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                    Rainy showers and very breezy.
                    In and out like a yo yo.
                    The weeks are slipping away with no real summer weather.
                    My greenhouse is full of tomatoes but they are all still green.
                    I hope some other peeps have the sun.

Littie, I am the same, I spend lots of time knitting and when I put it down I cant seem yo go back to it.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• afternoon,i am well pleased with myself having done a few bits,the worse part is trying to thread the machine needle,with black cotton,i think it's my cateracts to blame,i am ready for another eye test,seems to have gone suddenly after several years just tootling along,and i do not like it,is a good job i cannot bite my plastic nails,or i would have nothing again,peeps have said all about it ,but this bird is shaking at the thought of having em done,i know,i am a ruddy wusssss,the dentist needle is not so scary,

Comment

• Evening all.

The day has disappeared and I have next to nothing to show for it. Went for a little lie-down this afternoon after some gardening exertions and walking the dogs. Woke up four hours later! Must have needed it but even so, I could have done with doing some productive stuff too.

Anyway, thought I'd best drop in and see how you're all doing. Say hello and all. Hope the smiles found you safe and well.

Catch you all tomorrow. Have a lovely evening.

Comment

• Me again.

Where are you all? Hope you're out in the garden enjoying perfect sunshine with a gentle breeze. Here it's cloudy. And I'm not sorry. Lovely and cool. Mind you, the solar pump is going slowly, but it is going.

I had a bit of a disaster yesterday: I got interrupted by a very long phone call and forgot that I was filling a barrel from the pump. And the barrel overflowed and then keeled over. Very frustrating. But the upside is that this morning, when I went to inspect the mole hills in my beds, I discovered that one of them had a hole in it. I assumed one of the cats had discovered the mound and had been digging. But no. I think the mole has emerged and absconded to the newly damp soil where the barrel fell over, as there are now new mounds there. That's what I'm hoping anyway. The smiles acted very jolly on my behalf before heading off with a relieved giggle.

Another fortunate event: we missed a humdinger of a supercell storm yesterday. Passed right overhead but didn't leave even a single drop or hailstone. Phew. The weather this year is mad.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-06-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Morning
                            It's warm and windy here wind socks doing a merry dance.

That's one way to move on moles Snoop

Its mostly house things today that need doing so not much gardening apart from feeding and harvesting.

enjoy your day

​​​​​​
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              It's cool and very breezy here.
                              Nothing planned at all for the day.
                              when are we going to get the summer?

Snoop, the smiles flew by on the breeze this morning and hardly got time to stop.

Have a good day all

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, just! We have wind and rain this morning, no summer here either bramble. The smiles managed a quick wave as they flew passed in the gale!
                                Ironing today, it’s been neglected for far too long. Will pick a good movie and watch while doing this most boring chore.
                                Have a great day everyone, hope your weather is better than ours. x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X