Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all. Yes Nicos I am reasonably fit averaging 13000 steps a day with Kato. I do some kind of workout as well 6 days a week at a local Dance School. Box n core, Rockfit,Abs Cruncher,Boot Camp,Barre,Upper Body blast on various days throughout the week.I have recently returned to my OMAD regime as well.The camper is laid up and waiting for a few decent days weatherwise to change the starter motor which I have purchased.
    Just been to Morries after a workout this evening and loaded my arms with yellow sticker stuff! The whole lot came to under £2.00 and half of it went straight into the freezer.
    Allotment day tomorrow as plenty to do. Must get the greenhouse sorted out and of course, plenty of weeding to do.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Up even earlier than the alarm clock this morning. Off to do a quick round of watering before the sun comes blazing down. Mr Snoop will be experimenting with the seep hose today, hooray. And then after the watering, a great ton of paid work. My keyboard is working fine this morning, but last night a lot of the keys decided not to work. Maybe it was tired out too.

I've waved the smiles off already. They left earlier to avoid getting toasted by the sun as well. If you've got rain or cloud today, you've got a fair chance of them hanging around with you today. They were also whispering about making a special delivery to greenishfing to inspect the biscuit haul. We haven't had any here for weeks now and they rather miss the smell.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Beenup and about for a while myself snoop.
        Managed to do a bit of domestics and now planning on heading off to market in the next 1/2 hr. Might buy a few veggie plants but it depends on the state of them in this heat.
        Feeling pretty stiff after cycling yesterday

Wow Snadge!…that’s a lot of exercise- well done mate! Makes me feel I shouldn’t dread my humble efforts.

Lottie - good call about a cold hot water bottle - I’d forgotten about that…I’d reverted back to my old favourite of wet flannels, but the cod hottie is much less messy.. Thanks for the reminder.
        Best shake a leg and finish my brew.
        See ya later peeps - keep cool.
        Last edited by Nicos; 16-06-2022, 05:56 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          the cod hottie is much less messy..
          The mind boggles.
          Last edited by Nicos; 16-06-2022, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Of for a grory hop then a walk before it gets to hot. Not to sure after that but I'll be keeping out of the sun.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. I did wake up the first time before 6am, but put my ear buds in, started listening to something boring on radio 4 extra and as hoped drifted back to sleep.

Hopefully I'm going down to the allotment shortly, after another coffee and a bit of housework. I need to weed, plant and water. I still haven't dug up any new potatoes yet .... but today may be the day.

I did get a nice email back from customer service at T & M yesterday apologising for the state my plants arrived in and giving me a refund. I am happy to get a refund but it can't make up for the 2 week delay in the plants arriving, and no apology for that.

Off to hang out the washing next. I don't think it will take long to dry today.

Comment

• Good morning all.Slightly overcast here but a respectable 18 degs so far.
                Off out for a walk in the park.
                The laundry has been out since early and is almost dry.
                some gardening early afternoon and theh looking after my grandson.
                Have a good day all and dont forget the sunscreen.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, dull with showers today! Glad you got your refund GF and thanks for the smiles Snoop
                  Snadger you make me feel guilty, the only exercise I get at the moment is lifting the coffee cup and biscuit to my mouth!! Really must do something.
                  I never see these yellow sticker bargains, are there specific times when they appear?
                  Ok, off to get organised before granddaughter wakes from her nap and we can play some games!!
                  Have a fab day everyone. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=Snoop Puss;n2547484]
                    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    the cod hottie is much less messy.. QUOTE]

The mind boggles.
                    ha ha ha!???it should read ‘cold hottie’

Comment

• Back from market. It was really busy so we managed a quick rush around.
                      We almost bought 2 lovely pieces of skate and then the woman said they only took cheques or cash and as we had neither had to walk away without them. Oh well.

More domestics today- probably get some much needed ironing done whilst it’s cool indoors…then some gardening although it hotting up out there…

Comment

• Back from the allotment. It's just too darn hot there, not a breath of wind. I did some weeding and..........

Roll of drums. Picked my first Swift potatoes

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220616_132618.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	2547503

Comment

• They look great GF Afternoon all,just popped in to mention this cool mat mum got for our cat because my sister had got one for her dog & it’s good(there’s different sizes) it has a gel inside & it’s cold all the time,might be good if anyone here suffers with the heat,our cat comes in from the outside,lays on it for a few minutes & he cools down nicely,eats then sleeps usually,it might be good under a sheet in bed? I’m off shopping with mum now,have a relaxing day
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	824C1250-6AE6-4D4E-B196-87B1594CB89C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	364.0 KB ID:	2547507
                          Last edited by Jungle Jane; 16-06-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic gf!!!!!

I’ve come indoors too - even working in the shade is too much at the moment. Pulling up nettles is never my favourite activity so there really was little incentive to keep at it

Anyone fancy a cool glass of something?

Comment

• JJ…what a great idea!
                              Our camper van mattress has cool gel beads in the top layer - I wonder if it’s the same gel?

Comment

• Good evening, it has been overcast here all day, also had a couple of showers, but nothing too prolonged, being Thursday we were at the church coffee morning, then I took the dogs for a long walk before sawing up a barrowful of logs, after tea was in the greenhouse for a time potting on some begonias, and I think I came in just in time as there's a heavy shower just started,so keep safe tomorrow and avoid overdoing it if it's warm, remember there will be another day coming and it will get cooler, the best thing to do if it's warm is pass on some smiles. Goodnight
                                Last edited by rary; 16-06-2022, 07:38 PM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X