Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, I know a bit of time has passed since I was last on, I have been busy with repairing the roof of my conservatory, then sourcing a replacement inverter for my solar panels, something I thought would be easy, a couple of years ago you were more or less tripping over companies who wanted to install solar panel systems, now they are few and far between, I have also spent some time looking after my sister and trying to catch up with the gardening, then to crown it all I fell ill and spent some time in bed, I think it was a right bad cold as I tested myself every day for covid which came up clear all the time, I haven't been felt as ill as this for quite a while, but thankfully clearing up now, I do wish you all well and hope you are all passing on some smiles I will say goodnight as I am now going to do a bit of catch up

​​​​​​
    Last edited by rary; 07-06-2022, 04:27 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
      We had a beautiful sunshiney day here after a dull start.
      All my family called in at some stage today.
      We spent the evening teaching our grandson to cycle his bike.
      All gone home now.

Rary, sorry to hear you've been laid low, hope your feeling better.
      Prayers and kind thoughts for your sister.
      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Really nice to see you back, Rary, but sorry to hear you've been laid low. Big cyber hug from me and as many smiles as you think you can manage.

Putting off the moment of going out to do some gardening. Hot, hot, hot already. And I need to weed and rake out a bed. Might leave that till this evening and just have fun planting things out. More sowing on the cards for today too. Trying to catch up with that, as I'm now at the stage with bed preparation that plants will be able to go out at exactly the right moment rather than sitting around in their seed trays for ever and a day. I've got a seed tray of French beans that now have a harvestable crop of beans on them... Might just have to leave them in there, as I don't think they'll transplant very well now.

Talking about beans, it felt like Christmas here yesterday, as I found an ancient opened packet of Sonesta beans. Yellow ones. Really nice, but impossible to get here now. Well past their sow-by date, but they're beans. The packet doesn't say F1 on them, so I might try saving some bean seeds off them for next year. I've seen lots of advice about saving bean seeds. Doesn't look difficult. Except I've got three other types of beans growing too. Do I need to separate the Sonesta by some distance or is cross-pollinating unlikely? Nobody talks about that on the sites I've seen. Anybody got any advice? No probs if not, as I'll start a thread if necessary.

Right, the smiles are long gone, heading northwards, and I should be out as well. Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Morning

Good to see you back Rary sorry to hear you've been unwell take care xx

Snoop I've found an older thread about fench beans hope this helps.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...cross-polinate

Bread baking this morning while hanging around for a delivery.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. The sun is shining brightly here.....what seems to be a rare occasion lately.

Plans for today: A quick grory hop and then down to the allotment.....
            hopefully, if I can get Mr GF organised.

Glad you're feeling better Rary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Snoop I've found an older thread about fench beans hope this helps.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...cross-polinate
              Fantastic. Thanks for finding that. Brilliant news. I can manage that.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Lovely bright sunshine.
                Off out for a couple of hours line dancing.
                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, another warm dry day today but apparently rain will be moving in tonight, took OH shopping this morning, lasted about half an hour so headed back home and I have dozed all afternoon, taking this a bit sore, so much I want to do but feel so washed oot, if anyone saw me they would think I was an old man, so need to give my self a shake, once it's a bit cooler I will be out to make up some baskets, we have good light till the back of ten, I noticed that during the weekend festivities, it was dark down south while it was still daylight up here, but then ofcourse the sun shines on the righteous​​​​​​, now off for my tea, fortunately while not at my best, I never lost my appetite ​​​​​​. So keep smiling and pass it on
                  Last edited by rary; 07-06-2022, 04:51 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• hi all,hello rary,sorry to hear you not well,allyou can do is listen to your body,if you feel sleepy,go for it,and forget about inspecting your eye lids,they will be fine ,had a nice bunch of flowers from the eldest Gdaughter,and a a nice chat on th phone with a GGD,she loved her cake and the neckless i made for her out of yarn,growing up so quick,hope others are feeling ok,been and had the 2 stitches out,that the previouse nurse could not get,so all is well now,and never felt a thing,have a good evening,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      It was a nice day but it's raining now.

Rary, rest your body until it tells you otherwise, there is always tomorrow.

Lottie, glad to hear your stitches are out, you can get on with you're gardening now.
                      Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a wet morning we have here. The rain woke me up by hammering on the windows at about 4.30am. I hope my little sweetcorn have survived the battering. I cannot drop back off to sleep despite trying for over an hour. I have now given in, made coffee and got up to drink it as I am feeling kind and so will not annoy Mr GF.....yet.

I have no doubt that the plot will be a bog this morning and there will be casualties but at least the rain has now settled down to an annoying drizzle and intermittent sunshine is forecast for later.

Comment

• Morning

Same weather here GF now its steadied of the birds are out and about, just been watching the Robins they're into everything.

Ready for breakfast now be back later.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Had some heavy rain yesterday but only a light shower tihis morning early on.Brought in some white peonies which were bent over by the rain. They do make a lovely cut flower. I need to get some more suet blocks for the birds, the blackbirds especially go through them so fast at this time of year and there seem to be more than the average number of blackbirds about, too. The community nurse is coming today, though, to give my mum a vit B jab, so I'll have to wait in for that first.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Would love to swap our weather for yours. Supposedly very hot with cloudy spells today, tomorrow very hot, very bright and very windy. Who'd be a plant? I can see me moving into my basement office early this year.

Am slowly catching up with seed sowing. Still got a load of brassicas to go. But all good. I was out sowing sweetcorn at 1 am. Madness, but much nicer at that time than in the afternoon! Time to start having afternoon naps to catch up on sleep.

Off out to walk the dogs and water the veg patch after this. Mr Snoop has gone into town this morning for assorted jobs and to wait for a delivery for me. What a good man. The smiles set off ahead of him to avoid all the dust that he'd kick up on the dirt track on his way. Hope they find you on fine form.

Better get the show on the road. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all, no rain here for a change.
                                clouds and sunshine but extremely breezy.
                                A trip to the post office this morning and then to the library.
                                I need to go to the garden centre to see if I can pick up a few large pots.
                                I have a couple of tomato plants that need potting into bigger containers.
                                Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...