Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothawk, I know what you mean about washing up liquidisers and blenders. Yesterday when needing to zap some onion, garlic and ginger I deliberately got out the stick blender and a jug as it is far easier to clean, just put soapy water in the jug and turn on the blender instead of having to mess about with a sinkful of bits. I love cooking but hate cleaning up. As for the juicer, it has been in the back of a cupboard for years.

By the way the mustard seed I tried to germinate a couple of weeks ago is now in the bin. 0% germination.

Comment

• Evening

Mothhawk I bought a stick blender especially to make hummus because sometimes I just want to make small quantities and that's not possible with my blender. Was wondering do others skin their chickpeas or not? me I've always skinned them.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning. I've just got up and had a peep outside. The rain hasn't started yet, but it's due (97% chance), even possible thunderstorms. Only 9°C so far.

I've hopped back into bed .... the thought of coffee isn't enough to keep me up ...... yet.

No idea what's in store today but I don't think that much will happen outdoors.

Comment

• Morning all. Woke up to heavy rain today, the first proper rain in ages. The garden looks perkier already

Bren, I used to skin chickpeas, and the fiddle of doing it is what led me to buy a new liquidiser. The new one blends much finer than my old one, so the skins totally disappear.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

I don't bother skinning chickpeas, Bren. Not sure I ever would for hummus, seeing as it all gets whizzed up. But maybe I should for other dishes...

Yesterday was a lovely day. Not as much skipping as usual for some reason, but the tug-of-war was popular this year. I'll get some pictures off Mr Snoop later. So many people we haven't seen for years, literally. A bit too close for comfort to some, to be honest, but fingers crossed we'll all be OK. We've got used to the idea of no Covid cases in the village for a while now, but lots of people living in Barcelona and other big cities came back for the event, all a bit drunk and going for the kisses on the cheek and big hugs. Anyway, it was a fantastic time. Plus, the man who was due to deliver a load of muck this spring came over to apologise for not coming round. So I've ordered ten tonnes of sheep and goat muck to arrive some time between now and September. Hope it arrives closer to September than now. That should keep the weeds well smothered for the next year or three...

Off out to plant a load of herbs now. More to sow later. Plus some follow-up beans and sweetcorn. Then down the valley to water for our friends this evening. In between, the usual paid work and some tidying.

It's lovely and cool at the moment, so the smiles were in a good mood when they left. I think they were going to drop by the blackbird on the other side of the valley before heading off to see you all. He's singing away at the moment and it sounds lovely.

Have a great day.

Comment

• Morning

Its been raining heavy since 6.30 here I've been out as far as the GH but thats about it. the garden really does need a good soaking.

I'll give not skinning chic peas a go you're right it is a fiddle taking almost 10 mins to do a can full.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning all.
                It's raining here as well.
                No plans for the day so I will take it as it comes.
                Happy Sunday.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• afternoon all,really pleased for you and your family bramble,what a relief for you all,fingers crossed,we gat rain again,the poor flowers have taken a beating,am going to a singing group tomoz,it should be up my street,been a few years now since i engaged in the activity,so breathing exercies have begun,also have birthday cake to make for my 9year old GGdaughter,so busy day comingup,have a good afternoon
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Hope the weather was better where you are.
                    It was raining when I got up this morning and it still hasn't stopped.
                    It feels even more miserable when it's a bank holiday weekend.
                    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

Cloudy and drizzling here. It rained all day yesterday, so not much change.

I'll be trapped at home this afternoon as we've got an electrician coming round.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        No rain but fairly overcast.
                        No plans for the day but I will go walking and potter in the garden.
                        Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Long watering session this morning. Usually I try and arrange it so that I don't have to water both patches on the same day. But watering for my friend has made that difficult to stick to. Took about an hour and three quarters this morning to do the both of them. On the positive side, the fact it took so long has galvanised Mr Snoop into getting the irrigation system set up, at least for the bigger patch, in the next few days or so. Phew. Some of the plants are starting to look like they belong and there's even a courgette that I could have picked this morning, amazingly. Oh, and a burgeoning tomato on one of the plants. I wouldn't have spotted it without the smiles going a bit berserk at the sight of it. They set off in a very excited mood after that, so I hope they've calmed down by the time they reach you.

Lots of paid work calling for my attention today. The bank manager will be pleased. But before that, I'm going to see if I can work out how to pay our road tax online. Should be interesting... There's nothing like having no mobile coverage to keep you in the dark ages as far as the internet is concerned. If I can't manage it, I'll be going into town. Either that or try and persuade Mr Snoop to do it...

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: Feeling very pleased with myself. Road tax on three vehicles paid online and I even worked out how to get a receipt downloaded without any instructions on how to do it. Amazing.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 06-06-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon alll,well done Snoop,been my new group,oh my word,i am very rusty,having a sit down,then it's in the kitchen to make cake,at least it not raining,have a good after noon ,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Snoop, isn't it amazing how working out how to do these jobs online, without having to ask a teenager, feels so good.

Good news here. The electrician finished his morning job early, came round and has done his work here. Just got to reset the time on a couple of things now after having the power off.

The weather is still grey and cold though....but it has stopped raining.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 06-06-2022, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Evening

No rain here today it just feels damp and cool-ish out. I've been for a bit of a stroll that that was it for outdoors.

enjoy your evening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X