Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rats ugh,snoop poor you,they worse than any slug or snail,it'snice having the little ones bramble,am having my pair a couple of days next week,it helps keep one young,had a walk to the shops this afternoon,I felt kna????,it was a bit warm,had approx 2 hours sleep this afternoon,much better now,normal servis is resumed,by for now
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Beautiful sunrise this morning, lots of pink tinged fluffy clouds. Very pretty.

Nothing planned for today, there's not much needs doing in the garden except I'll have to water the pots and tubs again, and the cucumbers in their little blowaway.

Kettle's on, and there's new made bread for toasting to go with H/M marmalade or bramble jam. I'll leave trays outside your doors and let you all sleep in
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

I'll save my toast and marmalade for lunch MF I've just finished my bacon, eggs and mushroom on a sourdough oatcake. I often have something light for Sunday lunch in between a big breakfast and dinner.

No gardening here today either i'm up to date with sowing and planting, there's always the never ending dandelions and teasels to deal with.

enjoy your day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks, mothhawk. Just what I needed after a massive scything session. Better than the strimmer for dealing with thistles. Hundreds of them, just about to burst into flower. A bit more watering to do and that might be it for this morning unless I can summon up some energy for a bit more sowing. I am behind, Bren In Pots. Well done you. Bob on over if you fancy doing a bit more...

Mr Snoop did not enjoy dealing with the thistles with me and let everybody know. So the smiles didn't hang around long. Maybe they'll take the long way round today, as they'll have loads of time to spare.

Might go and have a little lie down after the watering and then on with the paid work. Mr Snoop is off out to a somewhat mysterious event involving swapping but no other details. Looks like he'll be giving someone his unwanted clutter and getting theirs in return. That was his description, honest. There's also some live music, so I'm sure he'll have a good time.

Right, time to go and water before everything expires. Looks like temperatures won't be dropping for the foreseeable future after all, so summer has well and truly arrived.

Have a great day, everyone
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 29-05-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Mothhawk, thank you for the breakfast tray.

No plans here for the day.
            Everything is planted out so just a bit of watering.
            The weekend was forecast to be very sunny and yesterday was beautiful.
            Today, a cool 11 degs and completely overcast,

Enjoy your day whatever your up to.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• morning all,thank you MH,very kind,we had a drop of rain this morning,now the sunshine,does seem a little chilly at the moment,hope it warms up,you sound very busy snoop,and bren if you fancy a change for your weeding skills PM most welcome ,as usual no plans here,just as and when,with whatever,or a snooze,enjoy your day everyone and remember Bgood2yourselves
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Been out weeding and just come in for a coffee. Loads more to do of course, so will back out there in a bit. The smiles were in a good mood when they left, as it's nice and cool out there at the moment. Hope they find you on good form. They're not that great as waitresses and waiters, so I didn't send them off with breakfast trays I'm afraid. I'll just leave everything ready here and you can help yourselves.

Got a busy day ahead after the weeding. Lots of paid work to get through and then filling the bed I'm now weeding with leeks. Mr Snoop is off into town in a bit, so I'll be holding the fort with the dogs.

More hugs to Rary and Flo.

Catch you all later.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 30-05-2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Morning

It was warmer overnight than forecasted never mind it didn't take long to fleece my courgettes better to be safe i think.

Gardens looking good its starting to fill up with veg and flowers but we could do with some rain not theses few spots we've been getting.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Grey, chilly and quite windy here. Rain is forecast....but not here yet. Yesterday it waited until my washing was almost dry before it wet it through again.

It looks as if the weather will improve as the week goes on so I'm trying to plan my jobs and week accordingly. Tomorrow and Wednesday night are both forecast to drop down to 6°C, so cold nights to come.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Cool but dry with just a few showers forecast.
                      We are heading to Galway this morning with our friends.
                      With four out of the six of us having birthdays in May we always spent a few days together.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yes, raining again and it feels really cold. I've just put the heating back on. I went out in sandals and my feet turned into ice blocks. 🥶🥶

I had a really interesting conversation with a teenager earlier...... I tried to explain how in the "old days" we took photos with "cameras and films", not phones. We had to finish the film, take it to the chemist or send it away and then wait for the photographs to be developed and printed). We then found (in my case at least) that lots of the photos had heads missing, were fuzzy or had fingers in the corners. We paid a small fortune to actually get to see these masterpieces. No delete button in those days. As for then getting extra copies and sending them to family or friends ..... it certainly wasn't just a couple of clicks. I felt like a dinosaur by the time I had finished explaining.

My latest lot of sweetcorn are big enough to go out now but with the forecast for the next 3 nights I just daren't do it yet. When will Summer start this year?

Comment

• Mr Snoop has a roll of film to be developed. Took it on Friday to the nearest place still handing it: ten euros for developing, scanning (medium resolution) and sticking the images on a USB stick, oh, and an additional eight euros for the pen drive (8 GB) and no we won't use yours, but you can use the same stick next time.

Comment

• evening all,them smiles made quite an entrance this morning,have had a lovely day with my GGB,have them tomorrow as well,1 is staying overnight,he said this morning,it will be nice because I am on my own,I could have ate him,he is 7,know that dinosaur feeling GF,telling the younger generations about the olden days,how things have changed ,bramble where has them 3 years gone,anyway I must go and get our tea,have a good evening everyone

Comment

• had bother with this post earlier,it would not let me send,and just now,would not let me in to edit,just as alittle follow on,we were watching the chicken ventriloquist,so funny,was telling GGS about spit the dog and emu,so got up some video's and let him see,mad him laugh,what a lovely evening it has been

Comment

• Good morning. I've been awake since before 6am for some unknown reason. I've been up and wandering around once, turned the heating up, made coffee etc. The weather is a washout .... pouring rain and 8°C so I've sneaked back to bed for an hour.... but still wide awake.

Mr GF has another phone consultation with the physiotherapist this morning. A "phone" consultation. Sorry, but some things really do seem quite pointless.🥴

If this atrocious weather continues I think my next job ought to be to build an ark. Even the birds are being quiet this morning.

Even the thought of another coffee isn't luring me back out of bed. My sister is of the opinion that there is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing. She is WRONG. I need sunshine.🌞

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X