Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning! Where is everybody. Having a lie in? Not a bad idea.....looking at the weather here. Very windy, chilly, thick cloud.

No idea what I'm doing today if the weather doesn't improve. I suppose I might get a bit of light relief if we get more door knockers campaigning for the local bi-election, still about a month away. I am a believer that religion and politics should be kept private.....but if they want to waste their time.......

Comment

• Morning, well I’m at the hospital with OH. Just got home yesterday for ‘day release’ when we got word that they had managed to get him on outpatients for his antibiotics. So back to hospital to get discharged and then home again!! That should be him home permanently apart from one visit a day to hospital for antibiotics for at least the next 2 weeks. Slept in his own bed for the first time in 7 weeks!!! Brilliant!!
      Weather is changeable here, sunshine and showers. Hope you all have a great day and that the weather is being kind to you! Catch you later, oh and Nicos, hope you are enjoy our break!! x
      sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Great news, Jay. Bet the smiles hung around at your place for quite a while today.

We went out for an early morning appointment at the vet's this morning. Turns out the lump on the dog in question's head is malignant, as I feared. On the positive side, at least we have the money to pay for the operation. She was extremely well behaved at the vet's, though she knew about five minutes into the 45-minute journey where she was off to and got very anxious. And I wouldn't have been very happy having done to me what had to be done to her. So full marks for her.

Did a big shop while out and filled up the freezer again. I was shocked at the price rises. I stood next to an old lady looking at cat food, nearly twice what it was not that long ago. She was biting her thumb. Terrible.

Anyway, back home with plug plants to go out in a bit and then off down the valley to the neighbour's to water for them while they're away. Going to be a hot weekend.

Have a nice evening, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Put him down now Jay….he needs to come up for air!!!!! Brill news.

All going well here - the service station had a Waitrose shop there- can’t go wrong with that eh?
          Having said that, the Diet not going well, but that is on hold for now.

Sorry to hear about your dog Snoop - I imagine you’ll be giving her extra loves for being such a brave lass?

Bad luck about your punctures gf, but glad you sorted it quickly. Good price from the sounds of it.

Right….just off to set up the bbq so wanted to say hi…and have a great weekend. Keep safe and remember to treat yourselves to something. My treat today was a block of Cadbury’s fruit and nut!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Jay, really happy for you. Why on earth I.V. antibiotics can't be done by district nurses at home is beyond me. I would imagine after all that time in hospital you are both ecstatic at the chance for him to sleep in his own bed again.

Snoop, I hope all goes well for your dog.

Nicos, I can totally understand the apple turnover but I really believe that Galaxy chocolate trumps Cadburys every time these days. Cadburys is just not quite the same as it was in the sixties.

The car tyres..... I could not believe that both the punctures were repairable. Not my usual luck and both are holding their air perfectly according to the car's (annoying) computer.

The wind here is still nigh on gale force. Although I have done washing I dare not hang it out as I am sure it will blow off the line. The sun has just decided to peep out between the clouds.

Bye for now.

Comment

• Hi all,what a nice day is been,Jay what great news,so happy for you both ,hope your all well,i am also thinking of Snadger at this time,as it was 1 year yesterday for me,and i remember it is close by,the good news is i am fine,i have to continue with my new begining ,did some cakes for my group and enjoyed messing around with decorating,it woke up my senses,also getting on with the yarn,crochet hook bracelets,it feels i am on the good path now ,have a good evening all,and remember to Bgood2yourselves ,snoop sorry about your dog news all the best
              Last edited by lottie dolly; 27-05-2022, 06:11 PM.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all. I'm up with the bl***y lark again. So annoying.

Not a good day so far. Checked to see if I had an email about my latest plant order from T & M which I ordered on Wednesday. (24 hour dispatch it said). Obviously they cannot add up to 24!!! I really should have known better. If they don't send my plants by Monday I think I'll try and cancel and get my money back. I'm sick of putting up with lying companies and hopeless customer service.

I think I'll get up, go and put some coffee on and hang my washing out. At least the wind has dropped and it might stay on the line.

Comment

• Morning

Thats not good GF especially with the weekend then next weeks bank holidays coming up. when your plants do arrive what condition will they be in ?

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,sun again,see what today brings ,plants eh,i got my money back in full from dobbis,no bother,so trying them again,some have come,waiting for others,just wish they would honour what they say regards to delivery dates,the plants themselves are lovely,same with suttons,i think maybe they are the same company,from what i gather from emails sent,it seems like they have a few don't care workers on the pay roll,have a lovely day everyone see you later
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Busy morning entertaining the 3 year old.
                      I only have him for a few hours and then I am off to have my nails done.

Hope your plants arrive GF, so annoying.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, thinking about you lottie!! x
                        GF, Covid is the excuse being used for district nurses not doing the IV, the did do it before the pandemic but like lots of things Covid has become the go to excuse for not delivering certain services!
                        So glad to have what we have though as without it OH wouldn’t be here.
                        On that dour note I’ll wish you all a great day. x
                        Last edited by Jay22; 28-05-2022, 10:29 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Off to the allotment shortly, as soon as I get Mr GF organised. Not very warm, but dry and much less windy. Just had a look at the forecast for the next week and there are a couple of nights where the temperature is dipping right down to 6°C.

I've decided to get seafood out of the freezer later to defrost for my first ever attempt at paella tomorrow😮🤞. If anybody has any tips they'll be appreciated.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

An odd day today. Got up early to do some more weeding and planting out in the cool, but was a bit the worse for wear after last night. My capacity for drinking alcohol has evidently plummeted. Anyway, eventually got everything done that I wanted to do. And promptly went back to bed to recover!

Better not drink as much tonight if I want to get much done tomorrow.

Mr Snoop has had an unpleasant day, ousting rats nesting in among some of our belongings in the room next to the kitchen. Not at all what you want. He says they've done some strange things while in residence. For one, they have shredded foam to the same small size of bit and filled pots with the bits, but pots far too small for nesting in. Hoarding for hard times? Anyway, they are now gone. Thank goodness. Lots of belongings will be getting chucked out too. Forced decluttering...

Hope the smiles found you on good form and that you have a lovely evening.

Comment

• Snoop, after I got over my initial shakes/feeling sick/phobic reaction just reading your post I have every sympathy with you. I really can't cope with any of their habits/actions/reactions. Something in the back of my brain just screams "KILL". At this point usually the air gun comes out of retirement. The first time I ever used it I couldn't stop shaking but still got a clean shot through the head, now I am in charge as I am generally a far better shot than Mr GF.

Rats and slugs.......... Sorry! No, honest I kill slugs but don't shoot them.

Comment

• I shall mention an air gun to Mr Snoop, GF. Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure what the rules and regulations would be here, but might enquire. Meanwhile, the dogs got one and the other fled into my firewood pile. I shall ponder that come late summer early autumn and make sure I have the dogs nearby.

You'd have to be a good shot to kill a slug with an air gun. Either that or have ginormous slugs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X