This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Glad you and your husband had a good day, Jay. I bet he was glad to sit in his own chair!d

Got a fair bit of paid work done yesterday and not much gardening, once around with the watering can and a bit of weeding. Will be doing even less outdoors today as it's drizzling, proper Lake District drizzle, and quite chilly too. Yet the weekend forecast is for another mini heatwave.

The smiles were quite glad to see the drizzle. Washes the dirt out of the air (and onto the cars, but never mind). At least they'll be able to breathe properly on the way to see you all.

Have a great day, everyone.

Special delivery of hugs to Flo and Rary.

Comment

• Morning

Jay its good you can joke over the 'sleepover' you need that to keep both your spirits up after all you've been through xx

The winds really changeable today my poor windsocks going to be dizzy

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I bet Mr Jay was so happy to have "Day release" at home. I think there should be a better way than keeping someone in hospital when they only need medication and not actual nursing.

It's 12°C, sunny and very windy here at the moment. Showers are forecast by lunchtime. If it does rain I'll do the grory hop. If it doesn't I'll go get blown about at the allotment. My just appearing radish might need a drink.

Ooooh! I spoke too soon. The sun has disappeared.......

Bye for now.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
          A very busy morning and then a much needed visit to the hairdresser.
          Gale force winds here but the sun is shining.
          Everything is drying out so quickly with the breeze.
          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first after that there's house things that need doing, if the rain holds off I'll plant out the last of my courgettes.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

Warm sunshine but a chilly breeze. The online weather forecast is a bit alarming: last hours of cool before the heat returns is what it says. Looks like it'll be a hot weekend, though not as bad as the previous heatwave, and then we're stuck in the top twenties.

Off out to do a bit more weeding and bed fettling in readiness for plug plants I'm going to buy tomorrow. And once that's all done, I'll be back down in the fields doing more of the same.

The smiles are getting a bit bored of all the weeding, so they shot off on the breeze, but not before I explained to Mr Snoop my latest wheeze: how to provide shading for lettuce this summer, which got the smiles quite excited as it involves flappy bits of fabric that can run along guy lines, a bit like those awnings that can be pulled back and forth to open and close. Only smaller of course. Anyway, Mr Snoop says the idea is a good one despite my terrible description and drawings. So now to find the materials. With any luck, the smiles will come back from visiting you with some bright ideas.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. At the moment it's grey and windy (again). Yesterday's supposed "light" showers were more like torrential deluges. No gardenning got done but I did do the grory hop. Later while browsing on my phone I checked my email and "accidentally" bought a few more plants. I could do with 3 or 4 days of good weather now.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today. It depends how accurate the weather forecast is.

Comment

• Morning all.

Windy here too, and a lot of cloud, but not the rainy sort. Grory hop this morning, then I may visit the library. I've been relying on ebooks for two years, but it's not the same as holding a real book in your hands. I only have a kindle, not an e-reader, so e-library books I have to read on the desktop PC, but I like to read all round the house, and outside too, not just at the desk.

I like your awning idea for lettuces, Snoop. My problem is too much shade, and all my sun lovers are squashed at one end of the garden.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, just waiting at the hospital to pick up OH for day 3 day release!
                    Moth, I know what you mean about a real book but I do love my Kindle e-reader as I can read when I wake during the night without disturbing OH.
                    Have a great day everyone, hopefully the smiles will have visited by the time we get home Snoop. Love the awning idea too. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Gale force winds again but its bright and sunny.
                      A visit to the post office is on the list and then on to the library.

I read on my tablet, we have a facility called The Borrow Box which came into existence when the libraries were closed because of the pandemic.
                      5 books can be borrowed or reserved, audio or visual.
                      However, I too love a book in hand and browsing the library.

Jay have a lovely day with Mr Jay, it makes sense to go out when he is able instead of lying in a hospital bed.

Looking after my grandson this evening so no doubt I will be shattered after that.
                      Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Just a quick access via the internet …. Wanting to see if Jay’s OH finally got home.
                        Et voila…fantastic news Jay! Really fantastic xx

Oh….and my impulsive snatch at the motorway service station wasn’t jammy dodgers by the way…I got side tracked by the cream filled apple turnover! Bliss
                        Keep safe and happy peeps - see you soon.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Might this be of interest to Kindle owners? I haven't used the sites listed for Kindle but I have used some for research purposes with my PC and had no problems.
                          https://ebookfriendly.com/download-free-kindle-books/

Good to see you, Nicos. Hope you're having fun. Sounds like UK service stations have improved a lot since I last used one.

Comment

• It sounds as if they have improved since I used them last too.

Today isn't going to any kind of plan. I knew yesterday that one of my tyres was a bit low on air (because the car tells me). This morning I went out to check on it and blow it up. It was a lot lower and I could see the cause. ..... a dirty great nail. I rang my mechanic friend and he sent me to a tyre place near to where I live. Trusty old Google and my phone got me there. They repaired it and also checked out and repaired one of the other tyres that has had a very slow puncture for ages....another nail. £20 the lot.

By the time I got out of there the rain had started again and it looks as if it has set in for the afternoon...chilly and miserable.

Comment

• Good morning.
                              Where is everyone gone.
                              Is there a party I missed out on?
                              Sunny and breezy here which seems to be the norm lately.
                              A trip to the supermarket and then having my nails done.
                              Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

No party Bramble I've been out in the garden weeding, planting and laundry. Its warm and windy so a perfect drying. Off out soon though.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X