This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve not seem one either!…how pretty

Talking of unusual trees I looked up a redbud tree the other day - very colourful!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• late evening everyone,very happy belated birthday Rary,all that expectations Jay,it will happen lass,good luck with your mustard seeds girls,the smiles were jolly today,i see several little green strawberries on the tower,looking forwards to them,at least they off the ground,just have to keep a lookout for the pesky birds,have to get the netting ready,been shopping and come back with choc again,has anyone tried the one with peanuts and caramel crunch,it is nice,also ordered some sweet potato plugs along with more basket flowers,anyhow i wish you all night night
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Its a tad early so I’ll whisper…

More domestics today. I did buy some petunias yesterday for the pots so I’m hoping to get those planted out today or tomorrow.
        This morning I was woken by the dawn chorus - I really do wish I could ID bird call better. Does anyone know of any decent ID sites which give more than 10 seconds of recorded call?
        Last night a blackbird was busily chatting away. It does make you realise how little sleep they must get in the summer months. What with searching for food for their babies , they must get exhausted.

I’ll pop the kettle on but not wake you all .I’m off to shift furniture and stick those sticky felt pads under their feet…. See ya later for breakfast!

Comment

• Good morning all. Not the nicest if mornings here. Cloudy, windy and feeling quite cold. No rain in the forecast for today though.

37 out of 48 sweetcorn are now peeping out six days after planting.

I think a few hours at the allotment today would be nice but the weather is not inspiring me.

Comment

• Your sweetcorn are doing well gf. What variety did you go for?

Right….I have cloth and bucket to hand….whilst I’m at it- anyone else want their windows cleaning?
            I did read we might get more Saharan sand, so maybe it was foolish of me to clean them? Oh well. Tis done now

Anyone fancy a brew?

Comment

• Morning

No rain due here today either GF gardens a bit soggy after yesterdays rain so i don't need anymore.

Been watching the birds they've been trying to get at my netted peas but luckily not managed to get more than a nibble at a couple of stragglers

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• No tea here I've had 3 mugs already thanks Nicos. first mug wondering around the garden the rest with my bacon and mushroom cob
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• *droooools

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Your sweetcorn are doing well gf. What variety did you go for?
                    I managed to get Lark in the end online from T & M, all the local garden centres had sold out. It is one variety that I have found to give a reliable crop outdoors this far north.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad you enjoyed the smiles, LD. Sounds like you had good reason too. Hope they come round again today. They were positively laughing at me earlier. Our aged cat, who's feeling ousted by Frankie, I'm afraid, is desperate for some attention and regardless of the temperatures is determined to lie on one of my arms as I'm typing. And I feel a bit sorry for her, so don't want to move her. But she is making me rather hot and I came in to cool down with my now regulation iced coffee...

Done a fair bit of weeding so far, but plenty more to do. Am determined the tomatoes will go out tomorrow. They've got rather large in their modules (fortunately large modules). Going to do a big round of sowing later too.

Who was it that recommended the Waffle Game, was it you@Bramble? Or perhaps Bren In Pots? Is it getting more difficult for you too? It's turning into a proper challenge to finish these days.

Right, better turf the cat off and get on with some more weeding.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning. Dull and chilly this morning. Taking my mum in law over to see OH today…first time she has seen her son in 7 weeks due to visiting restrictions. He is now allowed to leave the ward now so we can all meet in the hospital cafe.
                        Nicos, you are more than welcome to come clean my windows anytime you like!!
                        Have a great day everyone, catch you all later. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

The window cleaner did my windows yesterday so you don't need to call here, Nicos. Ta for the early tea, by the way, and I've just made a fresh pot if anyone's feeling a bit druthy now.

Snoop, isn't it funny how we quite happily shift a dog out of the way, but don't like to disturb a cat? Is the waffle the same for everyone, 'cos I find it quite easy. It's the quordle that takes a lot of thinking out, I usually have a sheet of paper covered in "hangman" type dashes and letters, trying to find words that fit.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mid morning all.
                            I went out walking out earlier and only getting back now.

Snoop, yes, I recommended the waffle game and it is definitely getting harder.
                            I suppose the challenge is what keeps bringing us back.

GF, you're doing really well with your corn germination.
                            I have some growing but dont know what they are my brother in law gave them to me.

Yo can clean my windows any time Nicosl I dont have much of a head for heights.

Jay, enjoy the visit with your OH. I cant visit my sister and havnt seen her since mid February.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Funnily enough I thought waffle was getting easier either I’m getting more used to the type of words or they are using words I use more often?…gummy for eg I always seemed to be 3 moves short for completing the task. Thanks for recommending it bramble.

Jay - I bet your MIL sheds a tear….she must have been worried sick about her ‘baby’

Well - whoever left out the brew…ta muchly ! It was much needed and appreciated. Back to filling up bookcases again….. talk about dusty books!

Its really lovely outside. Typical

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I managed to get Lark in the end online from T & M, all the local garden centres had sold out. It is one variety that I have found to give a reliable crop outdoors this far north.
                                I used to buy Lark every year. Great flavour, great texture, great reliability. Can't get it for love nor money in the EU it would seem, Nicos.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X