Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bramble it's frustrating when things like that happen, its like they're just not bothered.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, it was a cold day today but fortunately stayed dry till about 8 this evening, so got a fair bit of work done done around the garden, and have decided to make a hot bin using a water butt I will post some photos when I make it, well enjoy your weekend keep yourself safe and provide some warmth by passing on a smile
      ​​​
      Last edited by rary; 01-04-2022, 11:05 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Very cold again with patches of snow…the birds are literally flocking to the feeders, so I must make sure they are kept topped up.
        Poor things…one day they think it’s nearly summer and time to crack on with creating their offspring, and literally overnight they are back into freezing winter weather.
        Deffo thermals weather again ( steady on there boys!)

OH was up early and has some soda bread on the go..yummy yum!
        Not sure what today will bring…possibly more stripping of wall paper or painting an iron bed head.

Rary - I’d be very interested in seeing your progress with the hotbin- sounds like a great project!

Right…time for another brew surely?

Whats everyone up to this weekend?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Another frosty start I'll also be in my thermals Nicos complete with lined trousers and furry fleece.
          Nipping out to buy fresh yeast and flour but thats about it for shopping today not to sure after that.

Wrap up warm and enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all. 4°C and the sun keeps popping out. I feel awful, I've been awake most of the night. I must have eaten something that disagreed with me yesterday or caught some bug. Mr GF is fine, so it wasn't our evening meal as we ate the same for that. I just hope I feel better soon. Mr GF is making me a coffee right now. He is working on the "kill or cure" treatment. I'm sure the smell of it will make me feel better if nothing else.

I can't imagine that I'll feel like doing much today at all but you never know.

Comment

• Morning all.

Perishing cold and incredibly windy. Got lots I want to do outside today, but no chance. So will try and get some things out of the way to give me more time tomorrow. Due to be just as cold if not colder, just not quite as windy.

The smiles think the conditions are great. Everything's blowing about and it really gets them excited. More so even than Frankie. Anyway, the smiles had a good circle about before flying off, but I hope they reach you OK as I'm not convinced they were going in the right direction, but maybe that was just the wind carrying them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                It was raining earlier but sun is out now .
                Just 5 degs but it's nice and bright.
                Looking after my grandson this morning until his mam goes to her gym class.
                work in the garden this afternoon.

Snoop, the smiles were delighted to arrive in the sunshine.

GF, I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,i hope this post will work ,gave up for a few days,i have not looked back yet,but will,i have managed to sow lots of seeds,now waiting to get outside ground raked level and start on the parsnips and carrotts ext,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lovely to see you lottie - what problems have you had with posting on here? If you can let us know then we can alert Admin for you.

Gf…oooch - that doesn’t sound nice….hope you feel better soon and don’t pass it on to your OH

We had a bit of sunshine earlier which was lovely. Still blinking freezing through!
                    Keep warm peeps.

Comment

• Afternoon all,i hope this post will work ,gave up for a few days,i have not looked back yet,but will,i have managed to sow lots of seeds,now waiting to get outside ground raked level and start on the parsnips and carrotts ext,have also been trying to post pics,but this is me ,know how to get em onto the site i hope,just not from my computor yet,i can see ithe 1 i want,but do not think it in the zone yet ,some more playing about to be had me thinks as i have just taken a lovely pic of a pieris with flowers and red tips beautifull,any how hope your all well,just remember to Bgood2yourselves,am going to have another look at the picie things again on my device,and what i am not getting right silly me
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• goodness me Nicos,that was strange,the broblem i had was trying to get my post,to post,it thought it had gone but no,and what i had writen just dissapeared,and i got fed up with trying to re write it all again,this site is not as good as it was,do not know if its because am on a laptop instead of the big thing,also there is no way to get into the chat threads without going into the search for the days posts,i am not very good at at explaining what i mean,but i get there the long way,maybe am not just not got to grips with this new fandagled world off tec

Comment

• I am feeling much, much, much better tonight I am glad to say😀, just really tired with being awake most of last night😴. Also good news from the hospital about the elderly relative who is hopefully leaving hospital shortly.

It has been very cold here today but hopefully tomorrow will be a bit warmer and maybe an odd glimmer of sunshine as well🌤.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Where is everyone?….warm and snug in bed?

OK…so it’s a cooked brunch for everyone who fancies one this morning…black pudding, bacon, eggs, baked beans and toast.

Tis lovely and sunny outside and the thick frost is melting so today I’ll be doing a bit of clearing away inside the house, not sure after that.

It’ll be Easter Sunday in 2 weeks….wow….That’s quickly approaching!

Enjoy your day peeps…just keep warm and safe…and yup - I just spotted rary’s smiles heading north from Snoop’s …carrying something from the look of things….any idea Snoop?

Comment

• Good morning. Probably due to lack of sleep the night before, I slept like a log last night. I awoke to the scream of both smoke alarms going off. Mr GF had burned his toast. Since we got the glass sided toaster this is a much rarer event, but obviously not totally foolproof.

Lottie if I do something daft and my reply disappears the next time I go to the reply box in that thread I get this box

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220403_091215.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	2543689
                              If I click on restore my reply generally reappears again.

A cold morning again, it was freezing last night but no rain forecast. Maybe a few hours at the allotment later particularly if the sun breaks through.

Comment

• Morning

Been out of bed ages Nicos slow cookers switched on with and bread is proving thought I'd best get both of those over with before I get sucked into browsing.

Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and toms on a sourdough oatcake here this morning. It looks like a good day to garden

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X