This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

The suns out cold frames are open and toms are in the GH for the day.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, another beautiful day here. Grocery delivery today and that’s it, may sit in the garden for a bit.
      Enjoy your day…glad you had a nice trip rary.
      sigpic

Comment

• The sun is hiding, evidently 74% chance of rain in the next hour here. I had, of course, just put bedding in the washer before I saw the forecast.

If it does rain I'll do the grory hop today.

Comment

• Good grief, you all basking in sunshine and me rained in yet again. I've just looked at the weather for the next two weeks, four days with no rain and even those will be very cloudy. And temperatures are dropping too. Feels like winter has just started here! And to think I'll be complaining about the heat in four months' time!

We went out very early to sort out some odd jobs in the village so I have no idea what time the smiles set off. Guess they're turning into self-starters now Frankie's taken to our bed for the duration of the bad weather.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day.

Comment

• Rain still Snoop?….I recall your very distinct lack of it last year. It’s no wonder some crops do better than others when comparing years is it?

Sorry to say that I’ve had to give up on the clearing of the patio area - it was just too hot in the sun. Didn’t want to remove my layers though as the wind is still quite chilly when it gusts. I’ll go back out later when it cools down a tad.

It must be time for a brew surely?…(I actually fancy a large glass of cold water , but I daren’t mention that to Snoop)
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• When we first moved here, we had weeks of rain every day. A total of 440 litres/mm per square metre at the end of it. Our well wall protrudes maybe a metre above the surrounding ground level. The water was almost right up to the top that year. A very strange sight.

The ground is so wet this year already we have duckboards down in the corral to avoid walking in the mud. I don't think we'll need to water the new fruit trees for a bit...
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 23-03-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being another t-shirt day here

My sourdough's proving, both GH and coldframe are open and next is the Grory hop. Not to sure after that.

enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely here too Bren - but frustratingly we have to go and do a major DIY shop up by the Coast .
                  However, it is near to IKEA so we’ll time our visit there to coincide with lunchtime when everyone will be in the restaurant….and it’ll be almost deserted on the floor/tills.
                  Sometimes typical French habits of eating the main meal of the day at lunchtime can be very useful!
                  Don’t need much from there tbh, just bedside rugs and bedside lights. No doubt something will accidentally jump into my trolley

Breakfast first though…muesli anyone?…

Comment

• Good morning everybody. 5°C and a bit murky at the moment but it's forecast to improve and warm up quickly.

Mr GF is just making me a second coffee. I'm just going to check on my seedlings.

Comment

• My chitting potatoes say “Hi” to your seedlings gf . They were only just asking me how they are now we’re getting this warmer spell of weather.

Comment

• Morning all.

The smiles left in a right jolly hurry. The weather forecast opened with the question "So how long is it going to rain for?", but I skipped ahead and went straight to the answer. They say with any luck we'll see some sun on Sunday around midday this weekend, then more rain till Friday next week. After that, sunny and windy. So with any luck the surface will dry up and I can get started good and proper. As the smiles set off, I told them to send greetings from my chitting potatoes to yours and your seedlings.

No seedlings as yet here, but won't be long now I hope. Clearly tomato seeds are like kettles. Won't do anything when watched.

Anyway, busyish day ahead so better get a move on. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon, a sunny day today but occasionally gets a bit chilly, as its Thursday we were at the church coffee morning then back home for some lunch before going for the dogs and taking them a walk, for some reason I feel quite tired when out walking, which is unusual for me as I usually feel as if I have lots of energy, possibly need a wee pick-me-up, now need to motivate my self into going out to the greenhouse, well hope you all have the good, weather, keep safe and pass on a smile
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I’m back home again now. Got most of the things on our lists but frustratingly a few were missing.
                            I think they may be available nearer home but they’ll be more expensive.

It hit 22C during the early afternoon…wow, probably helped as we’ve had no breeze today.
                            Pretty warm for March even so.

I’m absolutely parched - anyone else fancying a brew?

* tootles off to pop on the kettle….

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Just ready for a cuppa, Nicos, and I've some fresh made button crunchies in the biscuit tin, not made them before and they taste very like hobnobs, (but fresher ). definitely a recipe to repeat.

Did a grory hop today, then in the garden, moving around a few foxgloves and verbena bonariensis that self-seeded themselves in places I don't want them, and generally tidying up the flower beds.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Ooo…any chance of sharing the recipe please MH?..those sound fantastic! ..mmmm…..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X