This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Funnily enough it’s been rather ‘dark’ here for a few hours. The sort of sky where you’re not sure if it’s going to hail or snow. But - it’s fairly warm outside.
    Having done a bit of weeding I spotted Saharan sand on the cars and house windows when I came indoors. Clearly it’s being dropped from a height. But I never noticed it as I was gardening.It really is a strange sort of light.
    All very ‘different’!
    The red dust! Are you sure you sure the Martians aren't landing???

Comment

• ^^^ te he gf! That would be an intersting experience!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• OOoooeeeerrrr,beam me up scotty
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Hey Snoop - I was wondering if you got any of the Saharan sand?
          We got a tiny amount but nothing very obvious. I believe some of it reached the UK too?
          Nicos we are in Malaga and everywhere is covered in this rusty coloured sand.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
            afternoon all,no more about brambles situation,all the best for them,is nice to hear of covid recoveries with our friends on here,hope Snadger regains his health soon,have you had your bloods checked,your stress might have left you lacking something,i was low on iron,all ok now,we got rain here today,what an excuse for staying inside ,i do have things i can do,had the scissors round my mop earlier on,much better,just a mess to get up in he bathroom,got some stuff in the new shed,and son done a good tidy up around what's to be the general garden area,it is planed to build a shelter in a bit of a dead area in the shade,it will be a covered potting on,shade from the sun,and a B Q ,plus there is space under the garage back for storage of extra hid it away store,there are a few steps down to the lower patio and garden,but not yet,things are getting better and better,must get of this laptop,and get usefull like sort out the concervatory,now it emptied of garden stuff,have a good after and Bgood2yourselves
            Thanks fr the concern Lottie. Funnily enough, I am going for my annual blood test on Monday. I have been weaning myself off blood pressure tablets and checking blood pressure regularily.
            I was at Rockfit last night for the first time in a while. I've posted a piccie of the gang there, yes that's me with my Winter
            wool on!
            Attached Files
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first then house stuff to do after that, but I'll be in the garden this afternoon.

Good photo Snadger
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning , and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all.
                No red sand here - too far away I guess. It rained all afternoon yesterday and into the evening, and now this morning we have frost and sun.

Grory hop for me too then I need to move a few plants about, sweet williams from the back garden (no sun) to the front borders, also a wall germander which evidently doesn't like its shady spot either. There's a self sown oregano to move too. My little nectarine that grew from a stone in the compost heap has finally produced 2 flowers, and I think the frost has done for them.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Great photo, Snadger. They look like a fun bunch.

Only a little bit of rain so far, but the ground is all sticky again. However, I'm about to finish a job this morning and I think the rest of the day will be mine. So will go and have a bit of a weed and tidy up in the patch I used last year. The paths should be relatively firm. Fingers crossed.

Mr Snoop is going to help me set up a potting table today, so I think some sowing might be on the cards if there's a lull in the rain. The drizzle is due to continue for the next ten days, so that means relatively warm nights and gentle natural watering. The smiles are winding me up into a bit of a state of excitement at the prospect. This is when the year really begins for me. Anyway, I've sent them on their way so I can get on with finishing work. Soonest done, soonest sowing can get started.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Happy St Patrick’s Day from me too.

Snadge - that’s a great piccie!…you’ve lost a heck of a lot of weight since I last saw a piccie of you a few years ago! - Well done

It rained last night so all my windows are now streaked with orange speckles and dribbles Good job I hadn’t just cleaned them all!

MH….pity about the nectarine flowers - are you able to change its location?
                    My tiny peach tree gets hit every year, even though it’s south facing and protected by a wall and a decent sized tree. I can’t think of where else to move it to without having to make some sort of enclosed shelter which isn’t going to happen. I’ve had one or two peaches off it in the early years, but nothing since.

I think tomorrow will be my grory hop day. Don’t need much but we have friends coming over to make pizzas at weekend and they love salami on theirs…so needs must. They also love chocolate mousse so I guess they’ll be asking for that again!

Another gardening day for me I hope!
                    Anyone ready for a brew?

Comment

• Good morning. The sun is out and so is the washing, flapping happily in the breeze. It's not too warm yet, 8°C, but it feels a lot more pleasant even though it's still quite boggy.

Being impatient I am already doing constant inspections of my propagaters but no seedlings appearing yet. My lounge windowsill is already getting crowded.

Comment

• Sun shining away here too!!!! Fantastic

Comment

• Afternoon its been a sunny day here as well, just a bit chilly in the shade.
                          Some shopping, gardening, baking and house stuff.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm sorry to share my sad news, but I lost my daughter on Monday. She had flu two weeks ago, then a chest infection and then sepsis. She was 49.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sympathy like Flo. I don't even know what to say ..... only my total sympathy.

Comment

• So sorry to hear this terrible news Flo..Many sympathies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X