This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

A cool but sunny day here Grory hop first not to sure after that. Gold finches have been at the teasels again and that always a good start to the day.

enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Clear blue sky but an I y breeze and just 2 degs.
      Doing some work in the greenhouse this morning.
      Looking after my grandson this afternoon.
      That's the day taken care of.
      Have a good one all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,i managed a better nights sleep,maybe the fresh air and work in the garden yesterday,made myself go out,is amazing how much better it looks with just a bit of a rake over,there are trees in gardens both sides of me,1 a willow,the other side ???,but has lots of leaves,we have permission to lop the both back,they almost met in the centre off mine,plus with no one in attendance for aprox 12months,and me doing some cutting back,it was over run,when it got licked back,and into my shape,it will be great,all being well,son coming tomoz to make a start on where the poly is going,i must remember to take before pics,so i can see the big change,soooo the poly should be up and grounded,and ground warmed up,before i actually need to plant out,in the mean time,what a great potting on space away from the walls,i am of the try our local tea dance later,i need to get out and meet the locals,and sociolise,i am not a dancer,just a jiggle sort ,more of a stand on the spot work out girl ,all good for the well being,and the young me,i will take some of your smiles with me Snoop,have a good day peeps Bgood2yourselves,that's and order,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I eventually got my trip to the local garden centre while I was out. I got a nice bowl of spring bulbs for tomorrow's birthday "boy", a couple of afternoon tea vouchers for a niece's birthday later in the month, bird food, some seeds and shallots.

I've just got home and the aroma from the slow cooker met me at the door (chicken curry).

Comment

• I went and had some fun,was nice very friendly peeps,i will be going again,the dancing side is is mainly based on line dance,standing all apart,i eventually braved it and had a go,i know i will never learn or remember any of the moves,but no one cares about that,is good fun and good company,one of the volunteers said,it a bit hectic ,my reply was no is not,it is good fun how i like it,and just wait until i am really out my shell,,hahaha i hope i not get chucked out for being to alive,it seems most of us are widowed,so have things in common,i was introduced to a lot of ladies,and a few even came to me and said hello,you new here,i felt at home,some ladies were telling me about other things they go to,next week i will take more notice,nothing doing on my dating site,am going to come of it,it does not feel like me,although i would still like to meet with a gent,night night,from a contented LD
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Freezing here but dry. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. A thick layer of frost on everything here. It looks very, very cold outside.

Lottie, it's good to hear that you had fun and met some new people.

We're off to a birthday party this afternoon about a mile away. I'm hoping everything is well defrosted by then.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like you had a jolly time, LD. Good way to meet people by the sound of it.

How's your kitchen advancing, FF?

Weatherwise the same here, GF. Perishing cold. Mr Snoop has just gone out with the dogs. Rather him than me. My job is to nurse the range while he's out.

Busy day again. Didn't get the apple trees planted yesterday. Try again today. However, I did get my second asparagus trench dug by the man with the digger who dropped in to say hello. But seeing as that took no effort whatsoever on my part, I can't really claim it as an achievement.

Hope you all have a great day. The smiles say they'll be round in a bit. They're having a lie-in, it would seem. No hunters for some reason, even though it's a hunting day, so they've decided to set off a bit later.

Comment

• Morning

Its sunny and frosty out, grounds to hard to garden though so just general tidying up out there today. Just spotted the Sparrows carrying bit of grass around so it looks like they're getting ready.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Freezing cold here and heavy frost overnight.
                      Nothing on the cards today.
                      Enjoy the birthday party GF.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,looks bright outside,will see shortly when i put my nose out the door,son on the way,so i had better get myself ready to join in,and get some excersise out of it hehehehe,have a good day everyone,and enjoy what you do,or at least try to

Comment

• Morning all. no frost here first thing, though it was a chilly 1C. No wind though, and the sun is gloriously warm without it.

Bren, I have a pair of robins defending a spot in the winter clematis ready for nesting, and that infuriates the bluetits, as it is behind one of the bluetit boxes. It's not a box the tits use, as they have possession of two other boxes, but it still results in lots of chasing around, plus squabbling over the sunflower seeds.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening all. We went to the birthday party this afternoon and I am so glad I didn't get the birthday boy anything with Happy 95th birthday on it as I am wrong yet again. He is 96 today. That would have been embarrassing. It was a pleasant afternoon with the usual party fare and a cheeky little 4 year old stole everyone's heart.

Comment

• evening,a good day has been had,then i was taken back to his for tea,just got back in,feel so much happier,also been playing games the the GG boys,it is nice bonding with them,night night all sweet dreams

Comment

• Good evening, it has been very cold here today, took daughter and her youngest son for their breakfast this morning, it was to a local charity organisation's tearoom, it was a very good breakfast, after that OH wanted to get something from an M&S shop then back home and out for a walk with the dog, after that I went out to see about a log burner for the greenhouse, I was going to make one but when I costed it all out, I could get a secondhand one for not much more and it is almost brand new, it has now been installed in the greenhouse and working well well keep safe, keep warm and keep smiling
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X