Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Dog walking then shopping a bit later. Weather forecast isn't too good, wet and windy so will probably have to get well wrapped up. I suppose it is only February so can't complain too much.Water fast for me again today so we shall see how that goes!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all. I managed six hours sleep (in two lots) and feel better for it.

I spoke too soon yesterday. The doctor sent the prescriptions electronically to the chemist and according to the chemist they didn't get them. This took 2 trips to the chemist to sort out. I'm glad it's not too far away.

This weekend is "potato weekend" at a local garden centre. I'm just deciding whether to go today or tomorrow. I must ring my sister and see if she wants to meet me there at some point.

4°C at the moment with heavy rain forecast. Similar for tomorrow.

Snoop I cannot imagine a seedless pomegranate. I had to google it and I'm still confused. However I'm not a fan of pomegranate anyway.

Have a great day everybody.

Comment

• Morning a frosty start here but plenty of birds in the garden.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        As for the ad, I'm on a Windows PC and my Ad Blocker can't get rid of it for some reason. At least the X to close works this time. Anyway, Safe Soil UK will be surprised at the number of hits they've had in Spain.
        Snoop not sure what adblocker you use mines Adblock Plus if I right click on the add I can block that element. Pity I can't get it to work on my Kindle but using it in portrait mode I don't see that add.

A good selection of trees Snoop

Snadger I'm sharing GF's weather today heavy rain all day from 11-ish so I'm of out soon hoping to not get caught in it.

Enjoy your day.
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 05-02-2022, 09:33 AM.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Frosty here too early on,now thick cloud though the sun is trying to peep through.

Snoop, I don't much like the flavour of pomegranates, but I thought the whole point was to eat the seeds and juice. if there's no seeds, what do you do with it?
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Grey and breezy with rain later in the day.
            Plyingpitch and put and hope to get home ahead of the bad weather.

Snoop, Gredngges are lovely, I much prefer the to Cherries.
            Have good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Seedless pomegranates still have the juicy red cells inside, just no pippy bits inside them. I personally am not a huge fan of pomegranates, but Mr Snoop loves them. I'm hoping I'll like seedless ones more. He also likes persimmons, so we've got one of those. But I loathe everything about them, even the colour.

Been down in the fields doing preparatory work to plant them out (they're currently all bunged in a hole together, just like they were at the nursery, so should be OK for a day or two). Room for 22 trees, not 21 as I first thought. You'd think I'd be able to count to 22! Might get another apple or pear to fill the gap when we go for the pomegranate.

And yes, bramble, greengages are delicious. Along with raspberries, my favourite fruit.

Comment

• Afternoon All Raining here and very cold. Raspberries are my favourite too Snoop. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon,good luck with the fruit trees Snoop,some work there,it looks nice outside,but am feeling cold inside as well,heating on and warm clothes,will get some food and drink,then hole up and try for a snooze,feel really tired,my over active brain that's done it ,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon
                    I’m another raspberry fan, I’ve got s couple of boxes full in the freezer some for my breakfast oatmeal the rest I’ll use in baking or making more jam.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I feel like I've got my work cut out, looking after these trees, blackcurrants and vines this year. But I do hanker after raspberries. Fingers crossed I can find some for the next planting season. Pointless asking for recommended varieties. I will just have to get what's on sale. Same with the blackcurrants. Amazingly, the nursery also had red and white currant bushes but I have no idea what to do with them other than summer pudding and redcurrant sauce. Is it worth growing some of them too?

Comment

• Snoop, I never could find much use for red or white currants but if you have the space you could give them a try.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          Snoop, I never could find much use for red or white currants but if you have the space you could give them a try.
                          Just what I thought. Redcurrant sauce would be about it, I think. I'd rather leave the ground free for more blackcurrant bushes from cuttings in the future. The blackcurrant bushes were more expensive than the fruit trees, so hope I can do a good job of taking cuttings.

Comment

• Morning all.

Another very chilly night with a decent frost. Fields are quite white. But the sun is up and it's looking like it's going to be a nice day.

Back out with the trees today. Yesterday was a palaver in the end, trying to get water from the well. Anyway, looks like should be OK today and the first of the trees will go in.

The smiles aren't keen to get wet again from leaky hoses so have shot off early.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Good Luck with the planting Snoop. Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just a quick pop in whilst I have the internet.

Thanks for all your good wishes!
                                We had quite an eventful journey over.
                                5.30 am set off….two flat batteries in the camper
                                Jump started from our Land Rover…..set off and realised OH had accidentally left the jump leads on our driveway in the dark in the rush to set of….so headed back home to grab them.
                                Got to the ferry in time. Not too rough a crossing so long as I lay flat….very quick disembarkment, so we were feeling smug….until we got a smashed windscreen
                                Hit a massive holdup outside Oxford causing a 2 hr delay as both sides of the motorway were closed due to a power cable coming down. And of course no detour signs in site

Found a fantastic place to sleep overnight and a very pleasant trip up to our sons stopping off to see the battleground of Naseby and a stunning Saxon (680AD) church in Brixworth . Such a pretty area!

Diet gone to pot although I am trying to hold off from eating ad lib
                                Great trip out to Bakewell yesterday and bought a Bakewell pudding. And yes, it was busy so we didn’t hang around long in the village.

Bacon ‘butties’ using Derbyshire oatcakes for breakfast….there’s a whole pile so do help yourselves!

See you again soon - up and onwards peeps be it dieting, physical or mental health….Enjoy your Sunday!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X