Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still wide awake despite waking well before the crack of dawn this morning. We had a Care home visit this morning, first since Christmas due to covid cases in the home, her being ill and then Mr GF being ill. It was quite upsetting. She has deteriorated.

The meeting with her social worker this afternoon went better than I expected, she was quite informative about some other queries I had.

Rary, in my limited experience, when I've felt really ill and in pain I don't care, when I start to feel a bit better I start to complain..... but the next step is then deciding I can do things myself (with the "odd" moan of course). I'm glad Mrs Rary seems to be improving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Morning all.

rary,
      Right, the dogs are showing no signs of being keen to go out. They're digesting two breakfasts. Mr Snoop fed them and then I did too... Clearly we're not on quite the same wavelength with each other as Mr and Mrs Rary or Mrs and Mr GF.

Have a great day, everyone.
      Reminds me of the time OH had fed our dog with a breakfast, I had been out the back doing something, and when I came back in the dog was just clearing his dish, so asked what he had been eating, OH said, his breakfast which ofcourse I had already given him, when I told her the answer was, WHAT, AND HE NEVER EVEN SAID
      As for being on the same wavelength with each other, we aren't even on the same channel

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
        Had a very busy day here.
        Meant to say yesterday, my first thred daffodils are in bloom.
        They seem to be flowering earlier year on year.
        Glad to hear Mrs Rary isimproving.
        Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
          It's rainy here, and I heard it pelting down in the middle of the night too, so everywhere will be well watered this morning. First proper rain this year, though there's been a few drizzly days.

Right, kettle's on for the first brew of the day, those who want porridge queue on the left, those for toast and preserves on the right
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all. Yet again I awoke at some ridiculous hour. Five hours seems to be my maximum sleep length at the moment. I think I'll get up and have a coffee shortly. Reading and listening to the radio haven't sent me back to the land of nod. I don't need to be awake until just before 8am, to ring the doctor's surgery.

It's still dark and raining too here, 4°C at the moment.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy here but it's not raining in my heart. Off to buy the trees today, hooray. The smiles picked up on my excitement and shot off early in a huge flutter. Which in turn set Frankie off... Anyway, I bet the smiles were with you early.

Thanks for the brew, mothhawk. I'll pass on the porridge and I shouldn't have toast...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A wet day here so I won't be doing much in the garden. Enjoy your fruit tree shopping Snoop hope they have the ones you want. No exciting buys for me today just my pinhead and fresh yeast from the corn merchant.

enjoy your day
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  Morning all.Right, kettle's on for the first brew of the day, those who want porridge queue on the left, those for toast and preserves on the right
                  Where's the queue fo those that want both?
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning, hail here this morning so won't be doing much outside, well unless OH want too much housework done, if so I have something urgent to do outside, don't know what it will be but I will think of something, enjoy your day, even if it is doing housework try and smile it makes it easier
                    Just a thought there. If I smile when doing any housework OH might think I enjoy it and then tell me to get out to the garden​​​​​​
                    Last edited by rary; 04-02-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Bright and sunny here but just 2 degs.
                      We had the rain pass over during the night.

I'll have the tea and toast Mothhawk thanks.

Nothing exciting today except donestics.
                      Have a good dy all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well a productive morning so far. I spent half an hour in a queue to get through to the doctors when I rang at 8am, but the doctor has already rung back and hopefully sorted everything out we needed. A referral to the district nurse, who has already been in touch, a change to a prescription and a referral to an occupational therapist. It has also stopped raining....

Comment

• Afternoon folks

I see we have one of those annoying ads at the bottom of the page again. Just when things were going so well!

Lazy day for me today, gearing myself up for rockfit later this evening.

Tatty bye for now.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon

Its mostly rained so nothing done in the garden today, I did get my yeast so i'll bake tomorrow I've been doing house stuff today instead.

Snadger I spotted the add on my Kindle earlier every time I tried to click it of I opened the add page luckily I don't get any adds on my PC.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• evening all,ordered my poly tunnel,says Wednesday delivery,i have had a lovely family day,my nails got a painting by GD,we some good laughs again,D inlaw,smiled nicely and asked could i please do some rock cakes,so cooking was done,she cleared up as well,
                              On the garden side of life,i have more visual image of it,so that is good,am wanting to start sowing seeds now,and make the garden my own,also got my bouncer up and running,just taking my time,a bit here and there,and build it up to a jog with music,it so wakes up the endorphines,let life begin,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Up early to watch a video on planting trees. I didn't know trees were supposed to be tied to stakes just 60 cm above ground, so just as well I watched it. Also watched Monty Don on planting asparagus crowns, also useful.

As for the ad, I'm on a Windows PC and my Ad Blocker can't get rid of it for some reason. At least the X to close works this time. Anyway, Safe Soil UK will be surprised at the number of hits they've had in Spain.

Got all my trees bar a seedless pomegranate. Will have to go back for that when they've got them in stock. Swapped two cherry trees for another plum and greengage. A bit mad perhaps, but the harvest times are different and I love plums. Will put some more cherry trees in elsewhere. Also got some vines for table grapes plus a couple of blackcurrant bushes, which aren't easy to find here. Mr Snoop was inspired by all the rose bushes they had. Looks like a little rose collection might be on the cards too next year. They had a lot of cyclamen plants too. After reading the recent cyclamen thread, I'm keen to put some of those in as well. Shame I'm getting so old. By the time it all looks nice, I'll have popped my clogs!

Right, on that note, I shall head back to bed for a little top-up sleep. I'll chivvy the smiles out then. Much too dark now. But not at all cold, surprisingly.

Have a great day, everyone. Catch you later.

Edited: I spoke too soon: the X to close tab has stopped working. Oh well, that's another five hits this morning already.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-02-2022, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X