Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LD, listening is what friends are for. Too far away to help, but hope an ear and a few smiles will do.

And yes, Bren In Pots, we have a deliberately broken diet just so's we can actually stick to it. It's too dispiriting otherwise. Wednesday is a semi-diet day, the weekends are almost non-diet days. Still losing and with any luck learning a habit for life. But there's a long way to go...

Comment

• Thank you snoop,am finding it so hard to adjust,i will bounce back up i know i will,them smiles are just the best,at least the beds made,washing in and kitchen sorted out hohohum,do not a weekly dust here as it not need it,only a quick vacume ext,as for cleaning windows,it has to be the right mood,i do have a window vac for ease,there is a tea dance near me once a week,but covid has stopped it for now,as for age concern clubs ext,am far to young for them ,but is good for them that it does,am not a bingo person ,ooooohhhh,the sunshine is showing,it does make a difference,ooohhh again,son just phoned,he coming for a coffee then out to the land he rents,i can bring my excersice bouncer back,and more garden stuff,say hello to a friend,and get fresh air,see am got a wee bit oh bounce,look in later
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning have been busy doing nothing the past couple of days, have been reading a book and really need to put it down and get some gardening done, it a bit calmer this morning, though still the occasional gust of wind, we have our daughters dog staying with us just now, just to give her a rest from the pup, so have had her out and went up to the church to check on the heating, as it has been down for the past three weeks waiting for spare parts, everything seems OK but when I got back home OH asked me if the heating was OK, that frightens me, I never told her I was going to check it out, when I looked at her she said, do you think I don't know what you do, badly need to change my habits and need to find out if it's just her or wives in general Well enjoy your day and keep a smile ready to pass on
        Last edited by rary; 02-02-2022, 08:40 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• The above message was supposed to post about nine thirty this morning, for some reason it didn't, don't know why as can be seen it has posted now, possibly if I take a bit of time I could find out, but I think I would prefer spending my time watching grass growing 😏😊
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Oh Rary, a long term partner will probably know you better than you know yourself. Mr GF calls me a mind reader......it is just familiarity over many years and I can still worry him........

I've done housework ...BORING......and ironing......EVEN WORSE ..... today among other jobs and am feeling like a domestic martyr.

Mr GF has just been watching some TV chef making a chicken tagine and was raving about it. I have already got chicken thighs out of the freezer to supposedly make chicken curry or soup tomorrow but maybe I'll have a go at the tagine instead as I've got the spices, olives and my own preserved lemons. Also got couscous in the cupboard.

Snoop, I absolutely agree about the diet. If you are too strict it nearly guarantees failure. There must be some enjoyment in life but pancake day in "France". I thought you lived in Spain!! Still....any excuse!!!!

LD, it must be a real challenge working in the garden on your own when you are used to company. I hope things keep improving for you.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 02-02-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Morning all. I know it's far too early but I'm awake anyway and have been for at least an hour. I don't know why, the bed is comfy with fresh sheets on and the temperature is fine.

We're going care home visiting this morning so need to do lateral flow tests. This afternoon meeting with elderly relative's social worker.

Have a good day all.

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first then house stuff, laundry, no ironing though I stopped doing that more than 20 years ago. I've got a few cards I want to make then I'll be in the garden after that.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

rary, maybe your post wouldn't post till your wife had approved it...

It was colder last night than I realised. Lots of ice about the place. But nice and bright, which is good as I'm on dog-walking duty this morning.

Bit of work to get through, but also need to get some water up from the well today for the fruit trees. The smiles got very excited at the idea of all the blossom to fly around in. I've got a list but will decide at the nursery how many cherries (six or seven, depending on whether they have something I haven't thought of). We have another small field that could be given over to more cherries too, an idea that hadn't occurred to me till last night. We'll be popular with the blackbirds...

Right, the dogs are showing no signs of being keen to go out. They're digesting two breakfasts. Mr Snoop fed them and then I did too... Clearly we're not on quite the same wavelength with each other as Mr and Mrs Rary or Mrs and Mr GF.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Ha ha Snoop, there's many a true word spoken in jest, Good morning a bit blustery and the rain has just started, getting ready to go out to the church coffee morning need to get OH moving a bit more, I would rather have had this pain my self than her suffering, then I wouldn't have as much to do she is definitely improving I am now being told what I am​​​​​​ doing wrong, don't understand, for more than a month everything was ok Well I suppose if I could understand how her mind worked I could make a fortune, it will soon be our anniversary and it's a true saying "a man starts married life as a journeyman and finishes up an apprentice. Enjoy your day and smile

Comment

• Good morning all, bright and breezy here.
                      No plans for the morning g, just a walk.
                      Looking after my grandson this evening.

Rary, I love that saying and never heard it before.
                      Glad to hear Mrx Rary is on the mend.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

I have been on a long term OMAD diet but seem to have plateued (think thats how you spell it?) Today I am going to try an intermittant day water fast and have a huge 5 litrer bottle of water to get through! It's recommended to drink a gallon which I think is 4.5 litres. I bought the bottle yesterday and will just fill it up with tap water when its empty, which in my area is quite decent.
                        Was at Box/core lat night and must have sweated a gallon out methinks.Definately getting easier though and I feel much more supple with the floor excercises. Even have my own fitness mat now! Back again this evening,
                        To keep active today I am going to get the chainsaw out and cut up some wood. I also have some chrysanthemum cuttings to take so may get those done?
                        C U later alligator!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• A gallon, Snadger, that's a heck of a lot of water! Even I don't drink quite that much when I'm gardening in summer here. Not looking to undermine you but you can potentially do as much damage to yourself with too much water as too little. Check out hyponatremia so's you know what to look out for in case drinking this much doesn't work for you.

Good luck.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            I giggled at your dogs inadvertently getting two breakfasts, Snoop, then being too full to want a walk. I bet they thought it was their lucky day!

A gallon of water does sound a lot, it is better to think in ounces, because so many of these recommendations come to us from America, and of course the American pint is 4 ounces lighter than ours, which in a gallon comes to 32 ounces, or over a pint and a half difference.
                            The usual recommendation is to take your body weight in pounds, and drink half that number in ounces of water, so if your weight is 140lbs, you should drink 70 fl oz water daily.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all,that does sound a lot of water,i could not drink that in a day if i had nothing else,i would be ill,who would want a walk after 2 lots of food hehehehhe,rary you are funny,came with the car full of stuff,have just emptied it,it is nippy out there,had to put my coat on brrrrrrr,am looking for a poly tunnel now,see what size i can get in,maybe a 3x6,what you call blow aways,it should be fine in my garden as it has a high wall all around,i supposes it will have to take a chance,at least i will have a good frame left to recover in the proper stuff,it is nice to operate in one in the warmer earlier season as well,i would like to grow some peppers and chilly again,with the aim of making some sweet chilly sauce,i have dicovered it is nice and tasty having a bit sprinckeld over the salad leaves,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yourselve,i hope Nicos and MR had a safe crossing
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon All Managed to do a little bit of weeding, nothing drastic, but the snowdrops in a large round planter are now visible. Just organised a refund on the glory hop for some short date items. Now they don't have paper receipts they rely on the pickers to indicate them - good luck with that then. The kitchen company are supposed to be contacting us today - I'm not holding my breath. Have a good day

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X