This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Flo - that put a smile on my face too!…thanks for sharing.
    Lottie - good to hear you are becoming more aware of your needs/ desires ….it’s an unusual time for you to experience and also very important to be aware of what you don’t want either.

More sorting out of packing up the camper for me today …we’re getting there!

Did I just hear a kettle?……
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Finished a book this morning in bed with a cup of tea, the tea was better than the book but I had to finish it you know? Have a lovely Sunday
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, Flo. And sounds like you had a useful day, LD, thinking about things.

No new news here. More of the same. Cold night, though not as cold as recently, bright sun, no rain for weeks now because of the anticyclone. So long as it doesn't snow, Mr Snoop says...

The smiles shot off before he could make them all depressed at the idea of muddy dirt tracks. Turns out they're not as keen on mud as they are on puddles. Should be with you soon if not already.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A slightly grey start to the day but its dry.
          We have de aided to go back to church as it seems less risky.
          No plans for the day but I dare say some family members will call.
          Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning its frosty and sunny out so I'll be in the garden later its been a bit neglected this week.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. I've got frost and sun too, Bren. 10.45am and the thermometer in the shade is still only reading 1C, though it feels much warmer than that in the sun, so I've got the windows on the front (sunny side) all open, to let in the lovely fresh air.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good day all,am very slow of the mark today,nice and sunny outside,seems the girls are coming back into lay,i had 2 with a chicken salad for tea,so tasty ,thank you NIcos for such lovely words,you have hit the nail on the head,with well chosen words,so thank you,i know some worry about me,but i will be fine,i keep the family updated,at the moment i cannot get into the site,still waiting for help from them that know to help,feel a bit like a giddy headed teen only got my full wits about me ,i made a start last night,sown a few seeds,mainly to see if they germinate,today i gat some plants to pot up,agapanthus,had some at the other place,i rather like them,right,i have a little sewing to do first,then tomorrow is dump with kindness day,am dreading it,Bgood 2yourselves and enjoy the sun if you have it,if not get some of mine.
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 30-01-2022, 12:08 PM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Rary, thank you for your post about installing fire alarms. It reminded me that I'd been meaning to order some interlinked sealed battery operated alarms compliant with new Scottish regulations so I've just ordered some from Fireguard.

Comment

• Good morning all, 4°C here, but the wind has dropped and the sun is trying to put in an appearance.

I've had a night of mostly tossing and turning. I was glad when it started to get light. Even the threat to myself of getting up and doing the ironing didn't send me to sleep.

Mr GF is now up and about and is making me a second coffee.

Comment

• Morning all

I have yet to get the hang of this 'shopping for one' lark. I seem to be wasting too much food. Made a lovely Sunday dinner yesterday with enough for another plateful. Problem is its meatless Monday for me today so can't eat the plated dinner. I also have Tikka chicken thighs in the fridge which are nearing ther eat by date and all manner of stuff that will be going off soon.
                      I suppose the best thing to do is work out exactly what I need for meals.
                      Wednesday and Saturday are my shopping days so only need to buy for that half of the week. I will get there eventually , but I will have to be more forceful with my shopping lists and not impulse buy!
                      We had a second batch of windy weather yesterday but it hasn't done as much damage as the winds the day before.
                      I will decide what to do for today after clearing my head with a brisk walk with Kato.
                      TTFN
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• ^ It's a problem, Snadger. Do you like mind eating leftovers the next day? Maybe make a meal and spread it over two days? I can't think of any nifty names, though, apart from Twoday Tuesdays.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly here, but not as cold as recently. Low of minus 2.5 ºC in the corral overnight. Looking like we might go and get fruit trees at the end of this week. Might also see if they have any currant bushes...

Got a massively busy day today, so better get me skates on. I spotted the smiles high up over the valley a bit earlier. The wind was giving them a bit of trouble today, but they're quite good at dealing with it, so I imagine it won't be long before they're with you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: minus 2.5 ºC, not (positive) 2.5 ºC.
                          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 31-01-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all and it's a lovely sunny morning here although it's just 5degs.
                            Just domestics, a walk and a potter in the garden for me today.
                            I cannot believe that January has passed, the weeks are flying by.

Snadgar, you will get the hang of shopping for one eventually.
                            Perhaps you should freeze the leftovers.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Sunny but windy here lots of twigs/branches to pick up on the garden.

Snadger when we cook its usually enough for two days one to eat one for the freezer, its its not freezable we eat it the next day.

Enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Had a great night in the camper- a full 8 hrs sleep so can’t complain!

Sorted out a few things from the previous sleep and they worked better. Must get a mug though for cleaning our teeth. Hadn’t thought of that!

I think today I can actually start packing clothes/ gifts etc and clearing up the house .

Diet didn’t go so well this week…put on 1lb. Ah well, no doubt I’ll put on more whilst I’m away although I’ll be careful.

Speaking of food Snadge - I always overcater - Your freezer is your best friend. Means you can also have days off from cooking.
                                Sunday roast is so easy to freeze. Quick fry up of the roasties and add a few freshly cooked veg. I freeze my meat in lashings of gravy so it keeps moist…mmmm….
                                You may find it particularly useful to have some ready healthy foods for the camper where you don’t want to use up too much gas or steam up inside the van?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X