Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, I'm glad that the "camping" went well, Nicos.

The weather here is awful, a howling gale. It probably sound worse than it is. Rain forecast for lunchtime.

I struggled to drop off to sleep last night but when I did I slept like a log and didn't really feel like getting out this morning until the thought of coffee got too strong. It's just not the same when I have to make my own.

Mr GF has had painkillers and tea so I'll make him porridge and toast next. I've just opened a new jar of his favourite blackberry and raspberry jelly.

Comment

• I had blackberry jelly on my toast this morning Gf….home made of course

Its the first piece of toast I’ve had this year yummmmm….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Very breezy here which will be a challenge when playing pitch and putt.

Nicos, goodto hear you had a comfortable night in your camper.l

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

8 ºC, Nicos! That's positively balmy. We're still well into the minuses at night. Anyway, sounds like you had a useful trial run.

Slowly getting through all the work. Hoping to get at least some of the fruit trees in next week, so need to clear the decks to have the time to do it.

How are your tree plans coming along, Snadger?

Lovely to hear about your daffs, Bramble. Sounds like you should have a beautiful display. Here we spotted the first almond trees just coming into blossom. That's very early, should be towards the end of the month. Sunny days must be fooling them.

The smiles have been busy this morning, trying to provoke Frankie but not getting much of a response as he's got a hurt paw. No splits in his pads that I can see but a definite limp. He's not going to be a cat that's easy to look after... Anyway, the smiles got bored with him and headed on out a while back. Probably reached you before I was even out of bed, they were in such a hurry.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• OH has suggested we do another trial run tonight!…he’s definitely getting into the holiday mode

Does Frankie fight a lot Snoop? Our previous cat used to fight off the local toms and there would be fur all over the gardens. He quite often limped afterwards for several days having pulled his shoulder in the process.
            Those Toms just run if they see Hibou…having said that, they’ll happily serenade her at stupido’clock.fr.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. I was going to suggest it might be Frankie's shoulder too, Snoop, either fighting or galloping and jumping about. it's amazing cats don't pull more muscles than they do, the way they dash about as youngsters.

Noticed yesterday I have some aconites and snowdrops out in the garden. Lovely! Spring is on the way!
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all,your last post made me laugh Nicos,good you liked your night,exciting stuff eh,i remember our time out with the little portafold,only fiberglass,i stuck some foiled camping sleeping matts,1 each side where we slept,was suprising how warm it was next to it,i used to sleep better in that than a bed,plus the whole experiance has a smell of it's own,i now have envi ,thanks for them smiles Snoop,poor frankie,and as for that cold weather you got,the only good thing is maybe kill of a few bugs,and refresh everywhere,this time of year is nice to have wonders around the garden,and greet the new shoots,i really hope i can get into mine this year and make it my own,a lot of it will be needing a male help,my new friend said it will be nice to learn about growing some things in my garden,i will teach him,son and i had him thinging he was hearing another language yesterday,on about F1/open pollinators ext,ext,he has a lot to learn,but son will need to do any heavy work like,putting in a drainage pipe,ect,i yet have to find out just where the propergator,and things are hiding,have a good day everyone
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sounds like we're all having fun! Especially you, LD. Happy spring time ahead.

As for Frankie, I did wonder, but I'm pretty sure it's his paw as he holds it off the ground when sitting. As for fighting, he'd love to, I'm sure. But the nearest tom to us is a km away or so and much, much bigger. They've met. Frankie goes on walks with me and the dogs and comes when we go to visit the neighbours down the valley. Boris, the other tom, is one of their cats. Frankie beat a discreet but hasty retreat after attempting to introduce himself.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Early walk with Kato this morning nearly seen him get knocked off the path onto the road a few times with the strong winds we are having. I was nearly blown over a cliff and we both had to duck flying debri all over the place.My garden is like a bomb site with potted plants being blown all over.Much worse than storm Arwen this one methinks.
                    After walk, went to Rockfit at the Village Hall which I enjoyed imensely.
                    Snoop I am at the very early stages of looking at woodland I fancy buying. If the weather is a bit better I may go and look at a small wood for sale which is really a bit too far away from me, but it will give me an idea of what is available. Its only a small wood but has some mature oaks in it and a stream running through it. Direct access from a road country road makes it seem ideal. I would prefer something a bit closer as its a 40 minute drive away.
                    Anyway, TTFN and stay safe folks!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• ^Sounds lovely, Snadger. Apart from family and friends, the thing I most miss about the UK is the trees.

In our part of Spain, most forest and woodland is publicly owned but for some reason it's different in our municipality and they're all privately owned. Our stretch of woodland is mostly pine but there are some oaks. No stream, sadly. The pines and oak branches and occasionally whole oak trees that are brought down by snow get used for firewood, but I'm a big tree fan. My earliest sad memory is of a huge tree at the back of our house being cut down by the farmer who owned the land there. Terrible day.

Comment

• I'm glad to say the howling gale has now died down. There are small branches everywhere.

Mr GF is now feeling much better and is out of bed. I'm hoping I might even get my coffee made in the morning and we might even get to the allotment.

Comment

• WOW peeps,them sound like some strong winds Snadger,stay safe lad,and good news about your husband GF,things are looking up,
                          Hold the front page about me friends,i have had a very long thought and a good chat to a good friend,and on reflexion,i need to let him down with a few kind words,before the week is over,cannot feel it working out,just but it down to part excitement/rabbit in the headlights and common sence returning,as to what it is i am actually wanting,and this one is not it,but i am grateful for the company i have had,i want more out of what life i have left,thank you all for your support,so back to the drawing board as they say,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening All It's been really windy here too, but has died down now. My daughter called to see me today with youngest Golden Girl who is back from university for the weekend and she brought me flowers. They hadn't been here long when coincidentally eldest Golden Girl arrived to see me with flowers. she's just back from a week alone in Cape Verde - she's very tanned and very chilled after a long rest in the sun. She hadn't been here long when, you've probably guessed. middle Golden Girl arrived with flowers. Amazing that they all had the same thought. A very happy hour was enjoyed and my fridge was well and truly raided.
                            Glad to hear Mr GF is on the mend. Hope Frankie's paw is soon better Snoop. Was your camping romantic Nicos? Lottie take it slowly and be careful. Your garden sounds lovely MH. Hope you had a good game Bramble. My eldest son played golf this morning and he said it was quite a challenge. Any plans for the wood Snadger, or will it be somewhere to escape to?
                            There's no news about the building site, but we have been told we should receive a schedule of work in early February, so next week I hope. I've another week off work to make sure I use all my leave. I'm hoping for some decent weather so I can try to do a bit of weeding emphasis on the word "try". Enjoy your evening All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo, that was lovely to hear your golden girls arrived to visit. I love when my grandkids drop in, especially when its unexpected.
                              Hope your work gets underway and you can get back to normality soon.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Stupidly early on a cold, dark Sunday morning, 2°C, I've already been wide awake for over an hour and a half. The thought of coffee is luring me towards the kitchen now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X